- Have 2+ years of Hadoop Administration and overall 7+ years of experience in IT Operations, High Availability Solutions, Backup & Recovery, Performance Turning, Security and Global Support with Oracle databases (10g and 11g).
- BigData / Hadoop (Hortonworks Data Platform 2.x), Managing Hadoop Cluster with Ambari, HDFS, YARN, Mapreducer, Hive, Zookeeper, Oozie, Atlas, Knox, Ranger, Spark, Python, AD, LDAP, and Kerberos etc.
- Designed and implemented Hadoop Clusters HDP 2.x with multiple nodes.
- Designed, implemented and migrated confidential data with highest level of security from existing systems to HDFS.
- Periodically validate the data by using checksum and migrate (700 TB) the updated data from multiple systems (Structured and Un - structured) to the Data Lake.
- Design and deployment of a Secured Hadoop clusters using Kerberos, Knox, Ranger, Active Directory, LDAP.
- Done Capacity Planning and monitor the performance of all the components of the Cluster to define the KPIs for regular monitoring.
- Implemented HA services on Hadoop clusters with Ambari
- Designed and implemented hadoop clusters with low cost commodity hardware and migrated the data (Archival/Backup data) to the DataLake.
- Deploy and management of multi node HDP clusters (Hortonworks).
- Responsible for implementation and ongoing administration of Hadoop infrastructure.
- Aligning with the systems engineering team to propose and deploy new hardware and software environments required for Hadoop and to expand existing environments.
- Working with data delivery teams to setup new Hadoop users.
- This job includes setting up users, setting up Kerberos principals and testing HDFS, Hive, Pig & MapReduce access for the new users.
- Cluster maintenance as well as creation and removal of nodes using tools like HDP Ambari, Mapreducer and other tools.
- Performance tuning of Hadoop clusters and Hadoop MapReduce routines.
- Screen Hadoop cluster job performances and capacity planning
- Monitor Hadoop cluster connectivity and security
- Manage and review Hadoop log files.
- File system management and monitoring.
- HDFS support and maintenance.
- Diligently teaming with the infrastructure, network, database, application and business intelligence teams to guarantee high data quality and availability.
- Collaborating with application teams to install operating system and Hadoop updates, patches, version upgrades when required.
- Point of Contact for Vendor escalation
- Troubleshoot issues with hive, hbase, pig,spark /scala scripts to isloate/fix issues.
- Ingesting data to Hadoop Data Lake from variety of sources Systems like ERP, CRM, NoSQL and transactional data systems.
- Created sqoop jobs, scheduled through oozie and ingest the data.
- Implementing data transformation and processing solutions using PIG.
- Implementing MapReduce jobs and resource Schedules.
Sr. Database Administrator
- All day-today database support, design, development, tuning and maintenance including structures, behaviors, performance, security, and recovery. Implement, administer, manage, monitor and tune the assigned application databases in production & non-production environments.
- Monitor database performance and implement performance tuning recommendations.
- Ensure that data integrity and data security is maintained.
- Identify and resolve problems, provide root cause analysis and resolution reports for database performance issues to the management.
- Configure and monitor alerts.
- Recommend and implement appropriate monitoring tools.
- Forecast database growth trends and data storage requirements for long-term capacity planning.
- Provide recommendations on Oracle product support timelines for future upgrades.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement database software packages and upgrades.
- Support project work: Database Upgrade / Migrations, New H/A environments build, re-engineering and automation of existing manual processes.
- Create and implement best practices to ensure the quality of Database solutions.
- Regular monitoring of Alert log file on day-to-day basis.
- Pro-active monitoring database resources with Oracle Database Console.
- Installation, Administration, Maintenance and Configuration of Oracle 9i and 10g Databases.
- RAC (Real Application Cluster) Installation and Database creation in RAC
- Administration of RAC instances using SRVCTL utility.
- RAC DB health check and maintenance.
- Creation of Database users and by setting the default tablespaces, Assigning quotas, roles, privileges and profiles to users.
- Worked closely with application team members to perform SQL Tuning using SQL Trace, Stats pack.
- Troubleshooting database problems faced by the application developers/users
- Monitoring and resizing the tablespaces to accommodate database growth space Management.
- Performing the database export/import to transport various database objects, database changes and updates across environments.
- Responsible for Backup and Recovery using RMAN with and without catalog
- RMAN Backup and recovery strategies with and without catalog.
- Applied one-off and CPU patches on a periodic basis.
- Managing the physical and logical objects of the database
- Database Patchset upgrades and migrations from 9i to 10g.
- Implementation of Physical Standby.
- Cloned the database using RMAN.
- Worked with Oracle support services for fixing the issues on requirement.
- Availability of 24x7 supports.