IT Expert with comprehensive skills in the IT industry: computer programming, hardware, networking and management. Seeking position that would fully incorporate background/expertise in enhancing company’s systems and staff to the fullest potential.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Management Skills: Employee relations, project management, software/hardware system integration project management. Keen ability to evaluate technical specifications, motivate/influence others, problem solving, evaluate, purchase and deploy technical solutions.
Database Expertise:SQL Server, MySQL and MS Access, Oracle
Programming Languages: MS Visual Basic, VB.NET, C#, ASP.NET and HTML.
Hardware Skills: Custom build computers, troubleshoot computers problems ranging from servers, routers, switches,
hubs, networks, PC repairs, e-mail configuration, manage user accounts through Active Directory, IIS, FTP, hosting
websites, remote desktop, and Blackberry device support
Software Skills: Apple Mac OS X, MS Windows 95, 98, 2000, 2000 Advanced Server, XP Home/Professional, Windows
2003 Server, Visual Studio.NET, MS Excel, Power Point and Word, deployment experience
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Confidential, Hopatcong, NJ 5/2010 Present
Programmer/ IT Consultant
- Five Star Roofing Created a program that allowed the company to become paperless. Upgraded computer equipment to enable a more efficient operation. Created a backup program to ease the paper trail mentality.
- Rockaway School District Donated a spelling program to an after school child care. Took their suggestions and revamped the program to better suit their needs.
Confidential,Branchburg, NJ 5/2008 3/2010
Manager of Information Technology
Main Accomplishments:Saved company $200K by restoring all company functions within one and one-half hours
after a server crashed. Created an efficient ERP system.
Directed IT department and all IT functions, including planning, coordinating and controlled the staff, resources and activities that were due to the expansion, renewal and maintenance of information technology and computing infrastructure and services, tested/documented all programs written, supported Blackberry devices, purchased/repaired/maintained computer hardware and servers. Performed employee relations duties and wrote employee documents and handbooks. Implemented following applications using the full life cycle:
- E-Commerce Site - Customers placed orders electronically, orders get placed in sales queue for approval, approved order goes to warehouse, warehouse assigns to users for scan gun picking, order is picked by warehouse personnel with scanning gun, item picked is verified electronically, inventory is adjusted.
- Company Portal - Time off requests tallied, E-commerce order management, manage customer returns, inventory/warehouse management, kit/order status, and track employees time worked.
- Kit Cost Analysis - calculates amount of time employees spend creating each kit, calculates cost per kit based on user’s salary time spent and cost of products, generates an Excel spreadsheet with results.
- Daceasy Backup Utility - Developed utility to this backup program by daily saves to external hard drive.
Confidential,Mesa, AZ 4/2004 5/2008 Software Engineer/Project Manager
Main Accomplishments: Saved $11,500 per year by integrating multiple daily activities into user-friendly software solutions. Saved company 156 hours per year and streamlined e-mailing procedure, reduced downtime, saving $20,000.
Applications Developed: Designed a web-based phonebook application, backup utility for the phonebook, survey program, reporting tool, inventory tracking software, link to post on Ebay that took customers to most current inventory, and Payroll application. Implemented mass e-mailing program that saved company hours on weekly basis. Developed applications that improved company’s productivity. Implemented web portal containing helpdesk, billing reports, inventory, phone directory, tech notes, and computer tracking. Helpdesk feature allowed employees to create trouble tickets with various statuses. Created survey program that allowed students to take surveys and reported results back to company.
Other Roles: Built/supported all computers to meet the company’s standards. Supervised IT department to ensure the highest level of support. Configured/supported all computer hardware and network setups. Fixed/upgraded the computer equipment.
Confidential,Center Valley, PA 10/2002 2/2004
Performed hardware/software support for the college. Performed regular maintenance work on the PCs. Added computers to domains, reset passwords, installed and configured Windows. Custom built computers.
Confidential,Chandler, AZ 7/2000-5/2001
Customer Service Engineer/ Project Manager
Main Accomplishment: Led technicians to exceed project deadlines and expectations.
Supported 7,000+ employees. Installed operating systems based on INTEL’s policies and procedures. Configured programs through the servers. Mapped drives and printers. Added systems to domain/assigned proper permissions, backed up/recovered valuable information (worth $50,000+), delivered/installed PCs, configured MS Outlook.
- Bull Pen Projects - Built/installed, to INTEL’s centric standards, 300+ systems for employees, including installing Windows NT Workstation using Ghost, adding PCs to domain, giving employees proper permissions to access the network.
- The Modem Shield Project - Supervised technicians replacing laptop modems and upgraded BIOS.
- The Migration Project - Assisted IBM professionals in migrating IBM notebooks from Windows 98 to Windows 2000 for Intel employees, and with the hardware/software support. During the migration, retrieved important employee data.
Masters of Business Administration
Bachelor of Information Technology
Dean’s List, Summa Cum Lade, A+ Certification