- Extensive professional experience in Enterprise Data Architecture, Systems Integration, Data Warehouse and Project Management.
- Combines strategic planing with practical short term delivery goals.
Director, Platform Development and Operations
- Collaborated with CTO to define the mission critical product (back office platform) requirements, implementation strategy and release dates
- Lead all aspects of platform architecture and development (application and DB); infrastructure implementation
- The resulted product exceeded scalability requirements (x3).
- Platform can be scaled linearly by adding hardware resources
- Produced an initial set of web site usage analytics to understand the effects of the marketing campaigns
- Developed main dataflows, sequence diagrams, database architecture. Set standards for ETL and API code - microservices; Migrated the data.
Technical : AWS, RedShift, MSSql, MySql, Oracle, Access, Metillion, Python
Manager, Data Services
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Increased the speed and quality of systems' delivery from 2 weeks to 3 hours by developing a fully automated inter-department deployment process (self service) with (zero) rework hours addressed existed SILOs by building relationships across departments and by introducing Operational Level Agreements (OLA ITIL) to eliminate the ambiguity within the organization; established KPIs driven service reporting to provide transparency into team's work lead automation initiative across environments - HW/OS/DB configuration (“gold image”), patching and upgrades, application code deployment established “pre-production” and “lab” environments to further eliminate production issues and foster cooperation across teams saved budget by offering data architecture, ETL design and development services in addition to production support provided crisis management during production incidents across mission critical clients facing systems eliminated costly production outages affecting millions of direct customers
- Prioritized staff training and expended RDBMS offering with NOSQL solutions - Riak, Hadoop, Titan
- Prioritized projects, proactively managed issues and owned RCA and incident resolution.
- Addressed team morale, prioritized training; Managed budget; Vendor negotiation and engagement
Technical environment: Riak, Hadoop, Cassandra, MSSQL, Oracle RAC/Exadata, GoldeGate replication, Postgress, MySql, Amazon ES, VMWare, OpenStack, Jira, Jenkins,Puppet, Docker, Splunk, GoLang
Manager, EDW Data Architecture and ETL
Confidential, New York, NY
- Established and implemented platform wide data acquisition, consumption and distribution standards, procedures and controls established a single design for the platform data layer - API, data dictionary, ETL design and implementation addressed 80% of data feeds irregularities by establishing a Data Quality process designed and implemented the platform wide database release management process for the firm, drastically decreasing IT risk and gain savings of 40 hours/week
- Lead design and implementation of control and logging frameworks to enable functionality sharing across data SILOs
- Accountable for providing 99.9% up-time for 2 major data platforms supporting the portfolio of 20+ applications ($1.8 bln annual revenue)
- Drastically scale data warehouse processing window from 3 to 10 years without using additional budget and resources by optimizing code and decreasing the platform's support cost by leading database consolidation and migration effort
- Lead technical evaluations of high performance databases and POC work - Hadoop, SybaselQ, Oracle Exadata, Casandra/Hadoop, Vertica
- Collaborated with business partners to define business goals
- Winner of company wide “Innovation week” (2012)
Technical environment: Oracle 10/11/Exadata, PL/SQL, Informatica, Oracle Warehouse Builder, Postgress, Sybase IQ, Hadoop, Amazon ES, MsSQL, ERWIN, SQL Designer, XML, Collibra, Oracle BO
Senior Database Analyst
Confidential, New York, NY
- Responsible for the redesign of the treasure payments system.
Technical environment: MS SQL, APEX, Oracle10g 11i, Linux, Sun Solaris, Oracle Semantics, VMware, Data Guard, XML DB
Manager, Database Development and ETL
- Lead data migration, ETL and development efforts for NJ SPIRIT major project for the company and NJ state ( $70 mil budget)
- Backend, ETL development and DB administration for first Confidential ecommerce site - sonystyle.com.