- Microsoft SQL Server (2008/2008 R2/2012/2014) and Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS
- SSRS) C#/VB .NET
- ELM Microsoft Office (Excel
- Supported product development by identifying and building solutions based on business needs.
- Domain driven design helped map business requirements into working software
- Implemented CQRS pattern in service layer between domain and application using Dapper to map SQL queries to objects
- Unit, UI (using Coypu and Canopy as Selenium browser automation wrappers) and Integration testing was also a key part in development
Software Developer/Programmer Analyst II
- Database administration and development - improved SSIS job management, database design and focused on test-driven development
- Managed, tuned, and configured application pools to optimize performance and improve availability; prior applications would fail during end-of-the-month activity surges
- IIS - managed and handled project to convert applications from Windows Server 2003 R2 to Server 2008 R2.
- Lead and managed shift to security-focused access to database views and tables. Windows Integration and Active Directory driven access to applications and database
- ASP.NET Development (C#/VB) Full life-cycle development, agile practices.
- Focused on developing software applications and analytical reports to support business needs and goals
- Operational SSRS and SSIS knowledge Key Database Developer, Automation and Integration Projects Completed at Confidential.
- Developed logic and export process for the flat files that are imported into third-party solutions ( Confidential )
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) software helped the plant plan production of material based on actual demand of internal consumers and external customers and analysis on the potential equipment output based on various factors
- Supports the organization's Operational Excellence goal by focusing on the synchronization between departments. Insight gained highlights the movement of product through the plant.
Data Collection and Analytical Reports
- Involved in created stored procedures, views, tables, and constraints
- Created triggers for process management and data consistency
- Created views to facilitate easy user interface implementation in software designed for engineer utilization
- Improved on the existing backup plan which was triggering virtual space allocation warnings
- Monitored SQL server performance using profiler to fix poor performance of running processes and deadlocked resources
- Designed and implemented complex T-SQL statements
- Identified data standards and create automated SSIS jobs to perform ETL tasks that scrub, clean, and import data into other systems on a daily basis
- Troubleshooting experience in automated processes and external programs (C#/VB.NET scripted processes)
- Developed SSRS and web reports for various department managers to gain insights into the data
- Created a new Help Desk system to directly interface with a third-party Help Desk website ( Confidential ); this greatly improved our previous system that used SharePoint lists and a batch job to send emails to Track-It on a delay
- Still/IPA operator data entry web forms provided insight to Plant Management about vendor usage
- Hitachi Packing and Recovery SIC (Short-Interval Controls) allowed managers to see if they were on target for meeting customer needs in Recovery/Packaging areas
- Digitized paper entry forms as web applications for easier data entry into the database and improved Accounting Excel files VBA macros for faster processing
- The oldest, slowest, and most non-flexible applications that were heavily demanded on-site were rewritten so that these applications could run faster and are easier to upgrade moving forward and were improved to meet the department needs
- Designed loggers to track the movement and entry of data in high-profile database tables
- Handled Encryption of new systems, supporting the IT tech specialist position
- Clients and client consultants often struggled with getting their data imported into system.
- A largely manual process, large batch inputs would take time and resources away from the project focus to get the data entered.
- Data inconsistency between client records and the application database often occurred and caused bugs to arise in the application if data did not adhere to expected logic.
- Used Ruby on Rails to create a web application with a wizard process for clients to upload their data in various formats (CSV, flat file, Excel doc) and check values before importing the cleaned data into the main software system