Computer software professional with over fifteen years experience developing quality software using industry-standard application development processes. Skilled in developing complex applications within critical deadlines to enhance user productivity and effectiveness. Self motivated, independent, customer focused, dependable, creative; a problem solver who learns quickly, has strong technical knowledge, and is committed to helping his team succeed.
- Microsoft C#
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft ASP.NET
- Microsoft Visual Basic 6
- Microsoft Access
- Peregrine AssetCenter
- Windows XP
- Oracle SQL*PLUS
- Peregrine AssetCenter
Confidential, Raleigh, NC 2007 - 2009
Information Analyst, SQL Server Developer
Led the effort to develop the Repository of Orders, Services and Assets (ROSA) database
- Developed the ROSA SQL Server 2005 database to support integrated processing of customer delivery orders for the Fast Track Delivery team.
- Modified the ROSA Microsoft Access front end to provide multiuser support to the ROSA database and delivery information for order validation.
- Developed five Microsoft Visual Studio SQL Server Integration Services Packages to update existing customer delivery orders from five vendor status Excel files.
- Processed approved orders for user-installed items, such as hard drives, memory, printers, scanners and associated software
- Verified user-provided delivery information, prepared order forms to submit to vendors, monitored delivery status, and sent e-mails to notify end users of order status.
Confidential,Raleigh, NC 1999 - 2007
Information Analyst, Peregrine AssetCenter Developer
Developed quality software following a defined set of processes
- Several C programs to improve the ease of use of the AssetCenter application. Benefits to the user included enabling the customer to determine when requests have been completed; replacing a manual process for extracting data from the database, and relieving the customer from performing this manual task.
- Modified the AssetCenter application to improve user productivity, including: enabling the customer to accurately determine the current status of the asset; improving performance when receiving assets into AssetCenter by an average of 11 percent; enabling tracking of scheduled replacement of assets such as laptops, and replacing customer assets in a timely manner.
- Developed the technical design for the Microsoft Access application Asset Admin that enables a user to correct asset data errors generated in regular data migrations.
Confidential, Cary, NC 1998 - 1999
Information Analyst, Lead programmer, GMAC Payroll Deduction System
Led the effort to develop the payroll deduction system for GMAC Mortgage
- Developed the technical design of the application to migrate from a COBOL mainframe to client/server environment, enabling users to easily and accurately view and modify data. The application was created using Visual Basic 6 on Windows NT.
Confidential, Cary, NC 1995 - 1998
- Designed, developed and tested a full-function personal contact system using Microsoft Access and Visual Basic 5 on Windows 95, enabling the business to maintain personal contact information for fundraisers.
Confidential, Cary, NC 1995
Contract programmer at Glaxo-Wellcome responsible for several updates including:
- Implementing the Weigh function of the Data Acquisition and Documentation System that enabled end-users to weigh batches of ingredients for tablets and to print labels for permanent records.
Confidential,Raleigh, NC 1994 - 1995
- Developed a full-function donation tracking system, using Microsoft Access 2.0 and Visual Basic 3 on Windows 3.11, enabling users to track the flow of items in the organization, and determining the delivery status of all donated items.