- 7+ years of IT Experience
- 7+years of SQL Developer Experience
- 7 years' experience as MS-SQL Server Developer, involved in Design, Development and Support of MSSQL Server 7.0/ 2000/2005/2008 for both OLTP and OLAP Systems.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in dealing with Relational Database Management Systems, including Normalization, Stored Procedures, Constraints, Querying, Joins, Keys, Indexes, Data Import/Export, Triggers, cursors.
- Thorough knowledge of addressing Performance Issues and Involved in query tuning, Index tuning, Data Profiling and other database related activities.
- Knowledge of relational database, normalization/de-normalization.
- Excellent understanding of Database modeling for OLTP/OLAP systems, Implementation and organization.
- Experience in creating jobs through SQL Server Agent for SSIS packages.
- Experience in using different transformations provided by SSIS.
- Experience in Microsoft stack of BI solutions - SSRS, SSIS with MS SQL 2008/2005.
- Created SSIS packages to import data from various sources to SQL Server.
- Experience in ETL operations using SSIS Packages from Development Server to Production Server.
- Experience in transforming unstructured data from various data sources.
- Set up transactions, loggings, event handlers and checkpoints to handle errors.
- Migration of packages and Reports from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005.
- Expertise in SQL Server reporting services (SSRS) 2005/2008 in generating complex reports: Tabular, Matrix,Cascaded, TOPN, Parameterized, Chart, Sub-reports, Drill-down and Ad hoc reports.
- Experience in integrating the SSRS reports into web applications using Report viewer control, URL methods and creating data driven subscriptions to different users using Report Manager.
- Proven ability in Query Optimization.
- Experience in configuring IIS for the SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Formatted reports for various visual representations using conditional formatting and templates.
- Have worked with Crystal Reports Mainly conversion to SSRS reports.
- Experience in Designing and Building the Dimensions and cubes with star schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Created and modified attribute hierarchies within SSAS for accurate reporting purposes.
- Experience in creating Packages, scheduling Jobs and sending Alerts using SQL Mail.
- Hands on experience in installing SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005.
- In-depth understanding of all stages of software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Experience in designing Database Models.
- A well-organized, goal-oriented, highly motivated effective team member.
- Excellent Communication skills, analytical skills and interpersonal skills.
Education and Certification:
- Bachelor in Computer Science
- Microsoft Certified Technical Specialist SQL Server 2008 Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance.
SQL Server Management Studio, Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, Data Base Engine Tuning Advisor, SSIS, SSRS, Business Intelligence Development Studio, Data Transformation Services
Business Intelligence Tools
SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS),SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS),Crystal Reports 9.0/10.0
MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000,Oracle 10g/9i,MS Access
Data warehousing tools
Informatica, Business Objects, Cognos, Erwin
Office and Other Tools
Visual Studio 2008/2005, Visio, Visual Source Safe, Microsoft Word 2003/2007/2010, Microsoft Excel 2003/2007/2010, Microsoft PowerPoint 2003/2007/2010
Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows NT, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 Ultimate, Linux, Unix
Confidential, New York Jun'10- Till date
MS SQL Server/BI Developer (SSIS, SSRS)
Confidential, is of the leading Investment and advisory service providers. The services provided by Blackstone include investment spectrum which include Asset Management, Private Equity, Real Estate, Financial Advisory, Hedge Hog solutions (BAAM).
Using the SQL server Database as a backend to maintain all the data which can be accessed by the Blackstone limited partners at BXAccess.com in their related invested field.
- Created SSIS Packages using SSIS Designer for export heterogeneous data from OLE DB Source (Oracle), Excel Spreadsheet to SQL Server 2008
- Created SSIS log files and configuration files to store configuration and to log execution of packages.
- Involving in developing Data models, Data dictionaries, mapping documents and cross functional documents across systems for all the ETL needs.
- Developed various T-SQL stored procedures, triggers, views, and adding/changing tables for data extraction, data loads and transformations.
- Created various database objects such as tables, indexes and views based on the requirements.
- Created ETL packages with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, Excel source files, XML files etc) and then loaded the data into destination tables by performing different kinds of transformations using SSIS/DTS packages.
- Developed the packages with monitoring features and logging so that audit information of the packages and their execution results are loaded in to the audit table.
- Generated various reports with drilldowns, calculated members, dropdowns from the cubes by connecting to Analysis server from SSRS.
- Created and worked with drill down reports and identified the report parameters.
- Used various report items like tables, sub report and charts to develop the reports in SSRS.
- Deployed and generated reports on to the server using the Reporting Services Report Manager.
- Worked with various Delivery mechanisms of Reports including Email /PDF/Schedules and integrated reports in MOSS 2007 using web parts
- Have done performance tuning with queries and also the SSIS packages.
- Have worked with SQL service broker to help a flexible scheduling of work.
- Have handled conversion of Crystal Reports to SSRS reports.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, VS2008/2005,Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), T-SQL, MDX, SQL Service Broker, Performance Point Server 2007, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, OLAP, OLTP
Confidential, West Palm Beach, Florida Aug'09-May'10
MS SQL Server/BI Developer
Confidential, is one of the Board of County Commissioners which handles all the Engineering and Public works of development and also handles the land development issues and permissions are handled by this Board and handle all the records of business in the area.
- Upgraded SQL Server 2000 DTS Packages to SSIS for uploading various formats of files and databases to MS SQL Server using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Created SSIS Packages to migrate data from various sources like MS Access, Excel etc.
- Deployed SSIS package on the server and scheduled the packages using SQL Server Agent Services.
- Created OLAP cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Involved in populating data on various systems, generating data reports using Reporting Services(SSRS) and deploying them on the server
- Developed different reports based on the requirements and reviewed the reports in Excel Sheet.
- Installed and administered MS SQL Server Reporting Services, created schedule reports and send the reports via email.
- Monitored and trouble shooting by using windows system monitor to create alerts, notifications and emails for system errors, insufficient resources, fatal database errors, and hardware errors.
- Monitored server performance, creating user logins and granting security privileges
- Planned and scheduled backups and developing recovery procedures and implemented database maintenance plan wizard.
- Created procedures, functions, and triggers handling database performance and tuning.
- Involved in setting up SQL Server and database configuration parameters and Creation of new databases, planning the location of data, index and Transaction log files on disks.
- Set up logical/physical backups for the databases and provided support to the Application developers on the application databases
Environment: Server 2008/2000(2003, 64 bit edition of SQL Server 2000), 7.0, Crystal Reports, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, VBScript, XHTML, XML, Windows 2003 Advanced Server, IIS 5.0, 6.0, 7.0
Confidential, NY Jun'08 - Jul'09
MS SQL Server/BI Developer (SSIS, SSRS)
Confidential, is the nation's number one issuer of bonds for multi-family affordable housing. They issue tax-exempt and taxable bonds to finance low-cost mortgages to developers for the creation and preservation of affordable housing.
- Requirements gathering, Analysis and Design of all the client requirements.
- Maintaining records in Excel Spread Sheet and exporting data into SQL Server Database using SSIS.
- Involved in business requirement gathering and created functional/technical specification documents.
- Developed physical data models and created DDL scripts to create database schema and database objects.
- Worked with the Data modeler in designing the Schema using Erwin with proper relationships defined.
- Helped the BA team design the Business Analysis reports using ProClarity 5.4 and Crystal reports
- Designed the complex views that we can use from the source to populate the warehouse with required columns.
- Involved in Installation, Configuration, Development, Deployment and Troubleshoot Reporting services using SSRS 2000/2005/2008 across various environments.
- Creating large enterprise reports, sub reports using charts, report parameters, dropdowns and images using SSRS 2000/2005/2008.
- Extensively used Joins and sub-Queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables
- Created Dimensions with the cube wizard and also individually and Generated Named calculations and named queries, Refreshing the cube to get the latest information updated and deployment of Cubes to the production server.
- Extensively involved in the SSAS storage and partitions, and aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, Data Mining Models, developing reports using MDX and SQL.
- Extensive experience using Data Mining tools Microsoft Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Create OLAP cubes with SSAS based on multidimensional database with star schema.
- Created an analysis Data Mart and Multidimensional Cube in SSAS
- Helped offshore team on daily calls to design SSIS Packages using several transformations to perform Data profiling, Data Cleansing and Data Transformation.
- Designed Reports in SSRS, with several prompts and built ad-hoc reports in Report Manager.
- Designed and developed the Staging Database and loaded from source to staging and from staging to the Destination tables applying different transformations.
- Worked with Data mapping, High level design and Detailed design documents.
- Applied Security in Packages to safe guard sensitive data, and used log providers to log events.
- Performed ETL Auditing to maintain Loads report.
- Used Log providers to log error into the table and send the report to the concerned department.
- Used Configuration files to deploy and install a package from one environment to another.
- Used and set the threshold value to count for errors before failing the package.
- Worked on SSRS to design reports and deploy them to the Report Manager.
- Worked on SSRS with expressions and designing of reports.
- Created maintenance plans to load data and to backup 3 months data.
- Extracted data from flat files and from RDBS sources like Oracle and SQL Server.
Environment: Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2003 Server, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS 2008),Oracle 9i/ 10g, SQL Server 2005/2008, MS Access, T-SQL, PL/ SQL, Triggers, Packages & Stored Procedures, SSRS 2008
Confidential, Falmouth, ME Jun'07 - May'08
MS SQL Server/BI Developer
The application consisted of three web modules called Supplier Enrollment, Buyer, and Supplier. The Supplier Enrollment module allowed a supplier to enroll into the system and then login into the supplier module. The buyer module had various functionalities like managing invoices and generating reports. The supplier module helped the supplier in converting the purchase orders to invoices, managing users and generating reports.
- Actively involved as part of a team for gathering and analyzing the needs of end User Requirement and System Specification.
- Developed SQL Queries to fetch complex data from different tables using joins, database links and formatted the results into reports and kept logs.
- Developed, modified, and optimized complex stored procedures, triggers to handle complex business rules, history data and audit analysis.
- Designed index, statistics, and optimized queries by using execution plan for performance tuning of the database.
- Configured SQL mail agent for sending automatic emails
- Created complex ETL strategies to deliver data to OLAP environment.
- Used SSRS Reports to write complex formulas and to query the database to generate different types of ad-hoc reports for Business Intelligence.
- Created reports using SSRS
- Formatted the report layout for the requirement of the end users and deploy the developed reports on to the server for the end users.
- Involved in Data mapping, logical data modeling, created ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data within the database.
- Documented and maintained history of changes for future reference.
Environment: SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition, BIDS, Windows NT
Confidential, Noida, India Oct'05 - Apr'07
Confidential, provides software and database development solutions for clients belonging to a variety of industry domains.
The project involved developing a database system in support of a software application for a retail client. This included designing various database objects and creating ETL strategies for loading these databases from various data sources.
- Active member of the team designing the OLTP and data warehouse relational data models
- Embedded complex queries and procedures in DTS Packages based on business requirements.
- Optimized poorly performing queries and procedures for optimal performance.
- Implemented data integrity by implementing constraints and triggers.
- Replaced sub queries with inner and outer join statements for improving query performance.
- Developed all the required stored procedures, user defined functions, triggers using T-SQL.
- Involved in the Analysis and creation of Staging DB and defined various facts and Dimensions in the data.
- Designed the Data Mart defining Entities, Attributes and relationships between them.
- Involved in performing Extraction, Transformation and Loading using DTS.
- Involved in Data Integration by identifying the information needs within and across functional areas of an enterprise database upgrade and scripting/Data Migration with SQL server DTS.
- Optimized the performance of queries with modifications in T-SQL queries, removed unnecessary columns, eliminated redundant and inconsistent data, normalized tables, established joins and created indexes whenever necessary
- Involved in developing a database system prototype for front end application for testing purposes
- Used PHP in backend of company's web portal for reporting purpose
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000, DTS, Flat Files, SQL Server Agent, Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer
Confidential, India. Dec'04 - Sept'05
Confidential, is the holding company for State Bank of India, the second-largest banking institution in India head quartered in Mumbai. With $6.36 billion in assets, it has 248 branches in south India, Uttar Pradesh, and Maharashtra etc.
- Implemented a well-planned backup and restore strategy that protects databases against data loss
- Responsible for design, development and implementation of mappings/transformations based in source-to-target specifications, defining ETL(extract transform, load)
- Developed complex SQL queries, stored procedures, and DTS packages
- Involved in complete SDLC, which includes requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, Implementation.
- Involved in designing and writing Stored Procedures, functions and packages using T-SQL for SQL Server 2000
- Used DBCC utilities to fix data corruption in application databases
- Development of Business rules implemented as Constraints, Triggers and or Stored Procedures
- Developed reports using Crystal reports.
Environment: SQL Server 2000 Enterprise, Windows Enterprise Server 2003, Erwin, Microsoft Visio, DTS, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer