Information Technology professional with extensive experience and a recent graduate from the University of Southern Maine with a degree in IT. Specializing in writing business application software, on-line and batch programs, and analyzing and deciphering all aspects of end-user requests. Known for effective listening and collaboration. Communicates complex technical information effectively to technical and non-technical audiences. Built reputation for providing exemplary service to end-users and improving data integrity.
IBM Mainframe Environment
COBOL, IDMS/DC, ADSO, VSAM managed files, CA-Sort, JCL, ZEKE, Condor and Assembler
IBM AS/400 OS/400-V4R2 RISC Environment
COBOL/400, DB2/400, SQL, Query, CL, GUI, SDA, DFU, Client Access, subfiles, commitment control and journaling
Unix, Linux, Red Hat, Microfocus Cobol, OmniStation, OmniPlus, Microfocus Sort, FTP, Microsoft Windows NT, 95/98, Me, XP, MSDOS, JAVA, JCreator, Excel, Word, Visio, Lotus Notes, Outlook Express, Internet Explorer, PrintMaster, Photoshop CS5, InDesign CS5
Confidential, York, ME 2008 6/2012
Associate Software Developer 2009 6/2012
Created business application from functional document for client’s census, contribution and loan accounts.
- Interpreted client functional document and created source from functional document, which improved efficiency on development projects.
- Improved productivity and customer satisfaction by troubleshooting and solving data issues.
- Improved data integrity.
- Consistently completed projects on time and within deadline.
- Expedited trouble shooting and issues resolutions by creating documentation and narrative of generic processes.
Confidential, 2008 2009
Created procedural and functional documents for new processes and test cases for QA verification.
- Created functional document for client feedback.
- Created test cases for feedback process.
- Collaborated on documenting Generic Census process with manager, which resulted in INCREASING learning and documents which supported new developers to the Generic processes.
Confidential, Portland, ME 2007 2008
PC Technician Intern
- Consulted with end users in software, hardware and network problems, which expedited resolving problems and increased customer resolution.
- Known for installing and upgrading software and hardware on timely and accurate basis.
- Monitored nightly backups on servers and mid-range computer, which ensured data was captured fully and accurately.
- Enhanced accuracy and reduced down time by evaluating and reducing server errors.
Confidential, Denver, CO 1979 1999
Programmer Analyst III 1994 1999
- Ensured feasibility of end-user requests to reach target audiences.
- Developed and enhanced on-line screens.
- Extracted direct mail files for ad hoc in-house and mail house mailings; Downloaded ad hoc files to user use in Excel or Access.
- Applied NCOA (National Change of Address) to matched contributors.
- Tracked data errors to the source, corrected processing aborts, fixed source problems and resolved data corruption.
- Administered ACH processing for Fund Raising system.
- Documented the entire Fund Raising batch processing job streams showing flow of control, file usage, outcome, linkage to other systems and affected processes.
- Created custom payroll reports to enhance JD Edwards packaged software.
Programmer Analyst II 1992 1994
- Analyzed and modified or created end-user requests, on-line and batch.
- Restructured and enhanced report data.
- Produced mass mailings for mail house and in-house processing.
- Tracked data errors and corrected processing aborts.
- Participated in the analysis, design and development of Fund Raising system conversion from IBM mainframe to AS/400.
- Converted all Fund Raising System data for new database structure.
Programmer Analyst I 1990 1992
- Modified custom software and made major changes to payroll programs.
- Saved hospital the cost of special software package by creating a zip code manifest.
Application Programmer 1989 1990
- Enhanced custom software and streamlined processing of donor acquisition mailings.
- Learned all aspects of various mass mailing types and restructured and documented archiving process.
Senior Computer Operator 1979 1989
- Enhanced daily batch processing by organizing flow of jobs and output.
- BS, Information Technology