6 years of IT experience in System Analysis, Design, Development and Testing of Database and Business Intelligence applications using MS SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008 in Production, QA and Development Environments. Proficient in BI suite (SSIS, SSAS and SSRS) of MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 and 2008 R2.
Data Modeling and Programming Experience
- Experience in Data Modeling, Multi-dimensional Data modeling and involved in creation of Star Schema and Snowflake dimensional schema using Erwin Tool.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft SQL Server programming languages and technologies such as SSIS, and TSQL scripting to develop custom data warehouses.
- Skilled in programming T-SQL in constructing Triggers, UDFs, Views, Stored Procedures, Indexes, relational data models, data dictionaries and data integrity.
- Monitored and Tuned the SQL query performance using Indexes, execution plans and tools like Database Engine Tuning Advisor, SQL Profiler.
Business Intelligence Tools
- Expertise in Extracting, Transforming and Loading data using DTS Import/Export Wizard, SSIS Packages.
- Excellent in High Level Design of ETL SSIS Packages for integrating data using heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Lookup, SCD Bulk Insert, Merge and Union all etc.
- Created XML and SQL Table package configurations to provide an easy solution to migrate the ETL packages from different business environments such as development to testing or testing to production.
- Created multidimensional cubes using the SQL Server Analysis Services and involved in cube optimization techniques such as Cube Partitioning, Defining Aggregations, Hierarchies as well as usage based optimization
- Actively involved in Processing Cubes, adding KPIs and Calculated Members using SSAS.
- Expertise in creating both forms of reporting like ad-hoc reporting as well as enterprise reporting. Extensively worked on three stages of enterprise reporting like Authoring, management and delivery using SSRS.
- Developed Sub Reports, Matrix Reports, Charts, and Drill down reports using SQL Server Reporting Services
Confidential,Cincinnati, OH May 2011 - Present
Sr. SQL/BI Developer
- Worked with Business Analysts and end users for gathering detailed requirements and specifications.
- Analyzed functional specifications and designed dimensional data models using star schema for the data warehouse.
- Created various SQL server objects like stored procedures, functions and views as per the logic to be implemented.
- Optimized T-SQL scripts and stored procedures used to feed reports and implement ETL logic for faster loading and processing.
- Managed the entire ETL process involving the extraction, analysis, transformation, loading and presentation of information to the end users.
- Developed complex mappings using SSIS to transform and load the data from various source systems like Oracle, excel, flat file etc. into the SQL Server staging area.
- Designed SSIS packages for implementing the ETL process with proper error handling and optimization.
- Developed SSIS templates which included loggings and error notifications for implementation into final packages to fasten the development of packages.
- Created and implemented package configurations on the production, development, and test environments.
- Identified and tracked the slowly changing dimensions, heterogeneous Sources and determined the hierarchies in dimensions.
- Automated the execution of packages by implementing a Master Child package model and scheduling jobs using SQL Server Job Agent.
- Designed and implemented ETL processes to make data available for reporting purpose in the data warehouse.
- Created MOLAP Warehouse on SQL 2008 Server Analysis Services and created cubes with dimensions and facts.
- Involved in managing Reporting Server and creating ad-hoc reports from OLTP and data warehouse including its delivery using push and pull delivery methods.
- Managed very large reports that return a large volume of records and optimized their performance using techniques like cascading parameters and filters.
- Deployed SSRS reports to the reporting server and assisted in troubleshooting deployment problems.
- Optimized reports by optimizing the embedded queries and using caching and snapshot features of SSRS.
Environment: Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008 Enterprise Edition, Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, MS Visio, ER-Win
Confidential,Cincinnati, Ohio January 2010 – April 2011
SQL Data Warehouse Developer
- Responsible for analyzing various dimensions and facts that could be included in Data Warehouse design using best suited Star-Schema and created logical and physical model of DW in ER-Win.
- Generated tables and relationships based on the finalized ER-Diagram.
- Created Stored Procedures, Views, and User Defined Functions to interface with the .Net front end and for running reports.
- Created database documentation for table and column dictionaries and other reference material.
- Actively involved in the dimensional data modeling and designing of ETL processes.
- Implemented the ETL process using SSIS Packages in which the data sources include Oracle, Flat Files, Excel as well as SQL servers.
- Responsible for identifying sources, creating staging database, data warehouse dimensional modeling (Facts and Dimensions).
- Implemented SSIS features like loggings, transactions, checkpoints and configurations on the ETL process so that the developed packages could be better managed and could be more flexible and functional.
- Developed plans for backup of the DW for disaster recovery and automated using SQL Server Agent.
- Optimized the T-SQL queries to with the use of SQL Profiler, Indexes and Execution Plans for faster performance.
- Created ad hoc SSRS reports for testing purposes and also for business users as per the requirement.
- Involved in debugging and deployment of reports in the test and production environment using SSRS
- Created Sub-Reports, Drilldown-Reports, Summary reports, and Matrix reports in SSRS 2008.
Environment:Windows Server 2003, Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008, SSIS 2005/2008, SSRS 2008, Erwin
Confidential,Cincinnati, Ohio April 2008 – December 2009
- Created stored procedures and complex queries for achieving the business logic, testing and reporting.
- Analyzed the historical data and extracted required data to support the management decisions.
- Responsible for developing ETL data mappings in SQL Server 2005.
- Involved in enhancement of SSIS packages according to changing business requirement to support the ETL strategy.
- Involved in unit testing and created test cases for the database scripting and ETL processes.
- Created, optimized and deployed various cubes depending upon business needs for analyzing data for different business perspectives
- Responsible for optimizing cubes by assigning proper storage modes like MOLAP, HOLAP and ROLAP along with creation of usage-based aggregations.
- Created cubes from relational data warehouses and created KPI’s for the front end team.
- Created aggregations and user defined hierarchy for the cubes.
- Developed various cube perspectives and developed proper cube refreshing methodology either using SSAS processing task or Pro-active caching.
- Involved in Extraction, Transformation and loading of data from Oracle and flat file sources into Target database.
- Produced SSRS report models to help in creation of ad hoc reports using Report Builder.
- Created various SSRS reports like linked reports, parameterized reports, sub reports etc. and also deployed and managed them.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Windows 2000/2003 Server.
Confidential,Fairfax, VA November 2006 – February 2008
- Created physical and logical database models using ErWin.
- Developed TSQL scripts to support front end and ETL applications.
- Designed SSIS packages to transfer data from various sources to staging databases.
- Assisted business users by created advanced reports using SSRS.
- Developed stored procedures, functions, triggers for various database applications.
- Maintained database integrity using proper constraints, triggers and transactions wherever needed.
- Used clustered and non-clustered indexes for query performance tuning.
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005, SSIS, SSRS, Windows 2000/2003 Server.
Bachelor of Science in Technical Business Management