To secure a position as a SQL Server Database Administrator that will allow me to utilize my analytical, communication, and technical DBA skills. I am interested in a position that will provide me with the opportunity to utilize the skills I have acquired as well as continue learning and growing in both my professional and personal life.
Master of Business Administration, Business Studies May 2009
Studies revolved around Information Technology, Database Management, Cisco Networking, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Marketing, Operations, Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management, Strategic Management, Project Management, Financial Studies, and Research & Statistical Studies.
Bachelor of Science, Business Computer Information Systems December 2006
Studies revolved around Database (Oracle 9i) applications and management, Java Programming, COBOL Programming, Visual Basic Programming, IT Security, Networking, E-Commerce Systems, IT Project Management, Web Technologies, Decision Making Processes, and Multimedia.
- Active Directory
- Adobe Photoshop
- ArcGIS Desktop
- ArcGIS Server
- HP Quality Center
- Mercury Test Tools
- MicroFocus Net
- Microsoft BIDS
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Project
- SQL Server 2000,2005,2008
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Visual
- Oracle 10g
- PL/SQL Developer
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- SQL Server Integration Services
- Table Designer 1
- Windows 98
- Windows NT
- Windows 2000
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- PMBOK Knowledge
- TCP/IP Protocols
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): SQL Server 2005
Facilities Assessment SQL Server Database Manager November 2007 - Present
Confidential, Fort Worth, Texas
- Knowledge of best practices for database design, capacity planning, data integrity, constraints, and normalization.
- Hands on Experience in installing, configuring, managing, monitoring and troubleshooting SQL Server 2000 and 2005.
- Experience creating instances, databases, tables, indexes, stored procedures, views, triggers, and other database objects.
- Import and Export data from various sources.
- Develop and deploy required data queries in response to user needs.
- Experience planning and implementing disaster recovery strategies such as recovery models, backup types, and restore strategies for SQL Databases.
- Implement database security by utilizing logins, users, roles, and schemas.
- Monitor and tune the performance of databases.
- Implement high availability solutions such as log shipping, snapshots, mirroring, and replication.
- Develop reports using SQL Server Reporting Services for Capital Improvement Project Team.
- Utilize SQL Server Integration Services to create maintenance plans for various databases and for other data management tasks.
Software Quality Assurance Analyst February 2007 - November 2007
Confidential, Richardson, Texas
- Analyze business needs and requirements and ensure that solutions address those needs and requirements.
- Test web based software applications written in VB, .NET, and other languages.
- Identify, document, and track issues and defects using Mercury Quality Center.
- Work with software developers, business owners, and project managers to provide solutions for customers.
- Create and execute regression and user acceptance test plans.
- Multi-task between test creation and execution for multiple clients.
- Create and distribute test plans and test cases.
- Use PL/SQL Developer to interact with Oracle Databases.
HH3 Quality Assurance Tester (Intern) Summer 2006
Confidential, Plano, Texas
- Quality Assurance Testing of HH3 Handheld Device.
- Create and execute test cases for User Acceptance testing.
- Record and document defects and possible enhancements.
- Verify test results are in sync with business needs and requirements.
- Presents results and possible enhancements to testing team, developers, project managers, and other team members.
Area Site Technician for Confidential Final Conversion October 2005
Confidential, Arlington, Texas
- Install multiple workstations.
- Backup and restore date on the user's existing PC.
- Replace existing PC equipment with new Dell PC equipment and Laser Printers.
- Perform basic testing and data validation.
- Site cleanup.