SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 T-SQL, SQL2005/Server 2005 Architecture, SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager,SQL Server 2005/2008 Management Studio, SQL PLUS, SQL Profiler, Idera SQL Safe,Idera diagnostic manager, Windows Server 2008, Windows NT, Windows 2008 Server, HTML, Delphi, Oracle, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Systems 21,QuickBooks LAN, Reporting Services, Crystal Reports.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
- Microsoft Certified Professional: Microsoft SQL Server 2000.
- Oracle Certified Associate.
Confidential, Orlando, FL May 2010 -Date
Sr. SQL Server DBA
- Installs, upgrades, creates, configures, and maintains SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 Database Servers.
- Administering multiple node clusters on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition on SAN environment.
- Pulling data from Sybase sources through SSIS/Linked servers.
- Setup Database Mirroring as a High availability database server solution.
- Led the building of datawarehouse and building cubes for Business reporting group.
- Expert in Using DMV’s, Performance dash board, Mirroring, database snapshots.
- Monitored Locks, Blocking, and Resolving Deadlocks.
- Manages users, roles, privileges, and profiles
- Monitored database disk space utilization, designed maintenance plans including database backup structures and migration of databases.
- Responsible for development, maintenance, and monitoring SQL Jobs
- Recovering the databases from backup in disasters or for use in QA and development Environments.
- Involved in trouble shooting and fine-tuning of databases for its performance and concurrency.
- Involved in Source Data Analysis, analysis and designing mappings for data extraction also responsible for Design and Development of SSIS Packages to load the Data from various Databases and Files.
- Performed daily tasks including backup and restore by using SQL Server 2008 tools like SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Profiler, SQL Server Agent, and Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Use of Idera tools for Performance monitoring and Backup/Restores.
- Responsible for monitoring and making recommendations for performance improvement in hosted databases. This involved index creation, index removal, index modification, file group modifications, and adding scheduled jobs to re-index and update statistics in databases.
Confidential, Orlando, FL May 2007 – May 2010
SQL Server Development DBA.
- Plans and manages full life cycle of development and administration of SQL Server databases for Marketing Call Centers.
- Project Lead in upgrading in-house SQL Servers to 2008.
- Designs databases using tables, views, triggers, stored procedures, jobs, and user-defined functions.
- Responsible for database maintenance which includes Reindexing, defrag, and consistency checks.
- Performs SQL Server updates.
- Extensive uses T-SQL to cleanse, validates, and manipulates data as needed.
- Provides the marketing department with marketing campaign data.
- Monitors database system details within the database.
- Creates stored procedures for the data marketing campaigns and fully automates the processes.
- Participates in Disaster Recovery (DR) planning and testing.
- Defines and schedules SSIS packages to move data between servers, and set up nightly Database maintenance jobs.
- Creates custom reports using Crystal Reports 8.5 and 11.
- Designs and performs data archiving for Telemarketing.
- Designs and creates databases
- Creates database objects, tables, views, and indexes using T-SQL
- Develops SQL statements for queries, DML, DDL, and DCL
- Creates functions, stored procedures, and triggers.
- Designs and implements backup and recovery strategies
- Configures and manages Oracle services in client/server and n-tier environments
- Installs, creates, configures, and maintains SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 Database Servers.
- Responsible for transferring and transforming data using DTS, BULK INSERT and Bcp.
- Conducts performance tuning using SQL profiler, performance monitor, and execution plan reviews
Confidential, Daytona Beach, FL November 2003 – April 2007
Senior Database Analyst/DBA
- Imported, exported, and transformed data into various formats.
- Investigated and troubleshoot root causes of data quality issues.
- Used SQL queries to collect and analyze data.
- Monitored daily data import and cleansing processes and troubleshoot issues.
- Developed, modified, and maintained automated reports and supported data.
- Performed Backups and restores as needed.
- Performed database maintenance
- Performance tuning of queries and server issues.
- Setup and monitored log shipping for high availability of SQL Server systems
- Created documentation for Production systems
- Configured DBMS for maximum performance; reviewed over 500 stored procedures and supported application developers by tuning and performance of their SQL queries.
- Developed, implemented, and maintained change control and testing processes for databases.
- Monitored database system details within the database.
- Created stored procedures for the data marketing campaigns and automated the processes.
- Participated in Disaster Recovery (DR) planning and testing
- Defined and scheduled DTS packages to move data between servers, and set up nightly Database maintenance jobs.
- Created custom reports using Crystal Reports 8.5 and 11.