6+ years of IT Experience in Database Design, Development and business intelligence of Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2005/2007/00 with various business domains like Financial and manufacturing, Health Insurance.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist in Business Intelligence and SQL Server 2008.
- Expert Knowledge of Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS) and Reporting Services (SSRS) and Proclarity.
- Worked Extensively on ETL process using SSIS package.
- Experience in Database Development, modeling, DataWareHousing, Design and Technical Management.
- Migration of SSRS reports from SQL 2005 to SQL 2008.
- Migration experience with DTS to SSIS 2008.
- Hands on Experience in Installing, Configuring, Managing, monitoring and troubleshooting SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Extensive experience with data modeling techniques, logical and physical database design.
- Skilled at assessing client needs, working in groups, suggesting ideas that enhance efficiency and performance, implementing technology solutions, and training end users.
SQL Server Services (DTS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)Expert Knowledge of Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS), Reporting Services (SSRS).
- ETL implementation using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience in Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data from Excel, Flat file, Oracle to MS SQL Server by using BCP utility, DTS and SSIS services.
- Expertise in creating ETL packages using SSIS to extract data from heterogeneous database and then transform and load into the data mart.
- Excellent in creating SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, merge and union all.
- Experience in creating SSIS packages using Active X scripts and with Error Handling.
- Experience in enhancing and deploying the SSIS Packages from development server to production server.
- Created stored procedure for generating reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience in report writing using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and creating various types of reports like drill down, Parameterized, Cascading, Conditional , Table, Matrix, Chart, and Sub Reports, , and formatting them using both SSRS 2005/2008.
- Very good knowledge in scheduling and deploying reports on report manger.
- Experience in creating reports using Report Manager 3.0.
- Used Proclarity for accessing and analyzing cubes and dimensions, and also worked on integration of sharepoint with SSRS.
- Developing reports on SSAS & SSRS on SQL Server (2005/2008). Sound Experience and understanding of SSAS, OLAP cube and Architecture
- Experience in deploying created reports in various sources like Web browser, XML and PDF
- SQL Server 2005 OLAP database development including KPIs, Data mining, working with changing dimensions.
- Experience in Designing and Building the Dimensions and cubes with star schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
Stored Procedure, Functions, Views, Joins, Indexes and Cursors
- Experience in Creating Tables, Joins, Views, Indexes, Triggers, Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions and other T- SQL statements for various applications.
- Experienced in strategically implementing the indexes such as Clustered index, Non-clustered index, covering index appropriately on data structure to achieve faster data retrieval.
- Experience in using T-SQL in SQL Server 2000 and 20005/2008 platform
- Implemented complex business logic into database design and maintained the referential integrity via triggers and constraints.
- Experience in writing complex T-SQL queries using Inner, Outer and Cross Joins.
- Experience in using Try Catch block introduced in SQL Server 2005/2008.
Query Optimization and Tuning
- Experience in Creating and Updating Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes to keep up the SQL Server Performance.
- Experience in Creating and Updating Statistics to improve the SQL Server Performance.
- Experience in Analyzing Execution Plan and managing indexes and troubleshooting deadlocks.
- Good knowledge in using system tables such as sysindexes, sysprocesses, sysobjects and syscomment in various queries and using Database Console Commands (DBCC).
- Good Knowledge in managing Data and Transaction log files, Files Groups.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Query Optimization.
- Extensive experience in using SQL Server Profiler to monitor the SQL server for deadlocks, long running queries and tune the same to improve performance.
Database Design and Implementation
- Experience in using Data Modeling Tools like Erwin, MS access and Microsoft Visio.
- Good knowledge in Normalizing and De-normalizing the tables and maintaining Referential Integrity by using Triggers and Primary and Foreign Keys.
- Good knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Good in implementing SQL Server Security and Process Control.
- Experience in Creating Roles and Assigning Permissions to the users.
- Good knowledge in SQL Server2005/2000 Client Server Architecture.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist - SQL Server 2008
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional - Business Intelligence
C, SQL, T-SQL
MS SQL Server 2008, 2005, 2000, MS-Access
ASP.Net, HTML , XML
SQL Server Tools
Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, SQL Server Management Studio, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
Windows 95/98/2000/XP/NT,MS Dos and UNIX
Data Modeling Tool
Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, MS Office
Crystal Reports, ProClarity, SSRS
Confidential, San Diego, CA Mar'11-Aug'12
SQL BI Developer/ BI Developer
Confidential, is a financial company and also provides various financial business solutions to other companies around US. In this project I worked on Production supporting which deals with SQL Jobs involve performance tuning and query optimization. Extensively worked on SSRS Reports and delivered to different domain users.
- Performance tuning, and optimization of procedures and queries.
- Principle responsibility is to implement support, maintain, monitor and tune high available and clustered database systems.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, triggers, cursors, tables, views and other SQL joins and statements for applications by using T-SQL.
- Extensively used T-SQL in constructing user functions, views, indexes, user profiles, relational database models, data dictionaries, and data integrity.
- Worked with development teams in the design of physical databases and in modification.
- Used System tables, System Stored Procedure, DBCC commands for Database maintenance.
- Implemented computational sensitive queries Stored Procedures.
- Experience writing T-SQL scripts, dynamic SQL, complex stored procedures, functions, triggers, SQLCMD, and SMO.
- Implemented Complex business logic with User-Defined-Functions, Index Views and also created User Defined Data type, Clustered & Non-clustered Indexes.
- Monitoring SQL Server logs to ensure the backup operations, batch commands, or other scripts and processes have completed successfully.
- Developed database monitoring and tuning strategies
- Extensively designed the packages and data mapping using Control flow task, Sequence container task, Dataflow Task, Execute SQL Task, Data conversion task, Derived Column task and Script Task in SSIS Designer
- Created packages in SSIS with error handling.
- Worked with different methods of logging in SSIS.
- Experience in creating complex SSIS packages using proper control and data flow elements.
- Have deployed packages on different servers by configuring it.
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2008 in Test environment with latest service packs and migrated few databases.
- Migrated DTS packages from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008 as SSIS Packages.
- Developed DTS packages to extract, transform and load into the Campaign database from OLTP database using of SQL Server 2005 Integration Services (SSIS)
- Excellent report creation skills using Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created Sub-Reports, Drilldown-Reports, and Cross Tab reports using MS SQL Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Developed Queries for generating drill down, drill through reports in SSRS 2005.
- Experience in creating Ad-hoc and static reports using SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) from BIDS.
- Configure and manage database maintenance plans for update statistics, database integrity check and backup operations.
- Involved in designing cubes in SSAS environment using Snowflake/ and Star Schemas.
- Extensively involved in the SSAS storage and partitions, and Aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, Data Mining Models, developing reports using MDX and SQL.
- Understanding the OLAP processing for changing and maintaining the Warehousing Optimizing Dimensions, Hierarchiesand adding the Aggregations to the Cube.
Environment: Microsoft Windows 2008 Advanced Server, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition, Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, MDX, MOSS Sharepoint 2007, SQL LiteSpeed, OLAP, OLTP, Erwin, Hardware: Compaq Proliant 8500 Server.
Confidential, Sunrise, Florida Nov'09 - Feb'11
SQL BI Developer
Confidential, is a global health service company, dedicated to helping the people we serve improve their health, well-being and sense of security. The major role was that of migration of packages using SSIS, Build and Deployed various packages to different servers and work on T-SQL, stored procedures to implement business logic and .
- Created different stored procedures and assigned cursors for running and also used stored procedures for some job automations.
- Generated test data and tested database to meet the functionalities deliverables in the project documentation and specifications.
- Responsible for writing SQL queries, stored procedures, views, triggers, T-SQL and DTS/SSIS
- Designed dynamic SSIS Packages to transfer data crossing different platforms, validate data during transferring, and archived data files for different DBMS.
- Generated database monitering and data validation reports in SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS).
- Deployed SSIS packages and Reports to Production Servers.
- Upgraded databases from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005..
- Migrated data using ETL Tool in SSIS.
- Maintained system monitoring jobs and provide high availability support.
- Created partition table for very large database for good performance.
- Worked on Migration of packages from DTS using SQL Server Reporting Service(SSIS).
- Involved in developing SSIS packages using BIDS for Incremental loading process including getting data from transactional system in to data ware house and then making data available to be viewable in the cube.
- Experience in creating complex SSIS packages using proper control and data flow elements with error handling.
- Enhancing and deploying the SSIS Packages from development server to production server.
- Loading data from various sources like ,flat files, to SQL Server database Using SSIS Package
- Using SSIS, building high performance data integration solutions, including extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) packages for data warehousing and also Scheduling the SSIS packages and Jobs
- Performing DBA functions, installing, configuring and supporting database systems.
- Reported all events and requirements through established reporting mechanisms in SSRS.
- Designed and developed MS SQL ServerReporting Services(SSRS) under SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005
- Deployed SSRS Reports inSharePoint for web based access for multiple end users
- Highly involved in creating, structuring, formatting usingReport Designer and Report Builder.
- Involved in Creation of Dimensions using STAR and SNOWFLAKE Schema
- Created Datawarehourse Cubes in SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS).
- Reviewed and developed data models and database designs with development teams
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2005, MS SQL Server Reporting Services, MS SQL Server Integration Services, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, C#, OLAP, UML, Erwin.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA July '08 - Oct '09
MS SQL Server Developer/ BI Developer
Successfully developed and maintained ETL maps to Extract, Transform and Load data from various sources like Flat files, relational data and XML files into the Enterprise Data warehouse called Pharmacy Data Warehouse Management system. This includes creating and running scripts. Data warehouse collects full life cycle data for Pharmaceutical products right from the new product introduction through its manufacturing, testing, shipping, and success and failure analysis. The data is used to make decisions for new product improvements, failure analysis of existing products, improve customer service. Various reports were generated using Microsoft reporting services (SSRS).
- Used different T-SQL code for creating cursor and handling the data validations.
- Designed and implemented stored procedures and triggers for automating tasks.
- Worked as a developer in creating complex Stored Procedures, triggers, cursors, tables, and views and other SQL joins and statements for applications.
- Analyzed and designed software and database solutions.
- Extensively involved in designing the SSIS packages to export data of flat file source to SQL Server database.
- Migrated DTS packages from SQL Server 2000 to 2005 and scheduled their execution time.
- Scheduling the SSIS packages and Jobs
- Created SSIS Packages to migrate slowly changing dimensions
- Prepared end user documentation, Technical documentation, dimension map, Contact list and published into the Production.
- Designed high level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from the source server to the Enterprise Services Warehouse which encompasses server name, database name, accounts, tables and direction of data flow, Column Mapping, Data dictionary and Metadata.
- Created several lookup tables and updated couple of existing lookup tables.
- Developed reports by using SSRS and deployed to the QA, Testing, and Production Servers.
- Administered interface to organize reports and data sources, schedule report execution and delivery, and track reporting history using SSRS.
- Responsible for creating parameterized, cascading, configuration, drilldown, rollupreports using SSRS and deploying them into server using report builder.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005, SQL Server Reporting Services 2005, SSIS, Windows XP / NT / 2000, MS Office 2003.
Confidential, Virginia Beach, VA Aug' 07 - July' 08
SQL Server Developer
Confidential, which began as AMERICAID Community Care - was founded to meet the needs of families enrolled in publicly fundedhealthcareprograms. By focusing on improvingaccess topreventive care and facilitating access to the right care at the right time in the proper health care setting, it improve health outcomes, better the lives of our members and reduce costs for the states it serve. Designed and Developed Database Objects like tables, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Monitored the growth of the database objects for capacity planning.
- Interacted with business analysts to understand the business requirements.
- Created TSQL triggers and stored procedures encompassing business rules.
- Written DTS packages to move data between production, staging and QA environment.
- Monitored the growth of the database objects for capacity planning.
- Created and scheduled jobs for various tasks and also was responsible for maintaining jobs through AutoSys.
- Designed and Developed Database Objects like Tables, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Rules, Defaults, user defined data types and functions for this project.
- Developed, tested and implemented Referential Integrity rules and regulations through constraints, triggers and views, partitioned views.
- Created Views for specific columns on a table to maintain privacy of a customer data.
- Created Indexes to get the high level performance.
- Performing the ETL operations to support the incremental, historical data loads and transformations using SSIS.
- Designed SSIS packages for synchronizing the data between two different servers.
- Maintained databases, performed software installations and upgrades, monitored Database Performance.
- Experience in creating SSIS packages usingdifferent type's task and with Error Handling.
- Generated matrix reports, drill down, drill through, sub reports, chart reports, multi parameterized reports.
- Designed numerous ad-hoc and custom reports using SQL Reporting Services.
- Configured and Deployed different reports in the Servers using SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services.
- Created variousTabular and Matrix Reports using SSRS.
- Created Ad-hoc reports and cascading reports for historical data using SSRS.
- Experience in the design, development and maintenance of different cubes using SSAS.
- Experience in designing the reports in ProClarity for SSAS cubes.
- Gathered requirement from users and developed year to date reports in ProClarity.
Environment: SQL Server 7.0/2000/2005, Windows NT, Access 2000, Crystal Reports 10
Confidential, Hyderabad, India May' 06 - May' 07
SQL BI Developer
This project involved migration of data from MS Access to SQL Server 6.5 and then executing complex queries on the data.
Confidential, is one of the leading providers of auto, home and life insurance throughout INDIA. As a consultant at ING VYSYA for the Human Resource Management System (HRMS), part of an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning), developed and helped to implement HRMS that is designed to handle the human resource activities for the organization. HRMS is a web based three-tier architecture system which provides information about employee data, new hire, applicants, promotion, demotion, leave or absence, payroll data, and change of certain business rules required development of new modules to the system.
- Worked closely with developers, end users and Administrators in designing and creating databases and other objects.
- Actively involved in designing databases for the system.
- Developed several database objects such as tables, triggers and views and also stored procedures.
- Created Snapshot Replication for the Development and Testing Databases across different Servers.
- Created and scheduled jobs and alerts.
- Studied the existing environments and accumulated the requirements by interaction with various aspects.
- Successfully loaded data from an EXCEL, Access, Flat files into a SQL Server database.
- Written several stored procedures to achieve various functionalities of the system.
- Assisted the Application team in data modeling and T- SQL coding.
Involved in designing of Conceptual Logical Model and Physical Model.
- Created new database objects like Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in Development and Production environment for SQL Server.
- Developed Database Triggers to enforce Data integrity and additional Referential Integrity.
- Developed SQL Queries to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using joins, database links and formatted the results into reports and kept logs.
- Involved in performance tuning and monitoring of both T-SQL and PL/SQL blocks.
- Wrote T-SQL procedures to generate DML scripts that modified database objects dynamically based on user inputs
- Created Stored Procedures to transform the Data and worked extensively in T-SQL for various needs of the transformations while loading the data
- Involved in performance tuning using indexing (Cluster Index, Non Cluster index) tables
Visual Basic 5.0, Windows NT, T- SQL, EXCEL, Access, SQL Server Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler.