Summary of Qualifications
An experienced Certified Database Administrator with comprehensive strategic planning and implementation skills, extensive knowledge of maintenance, security, backup/recovery and disaster recovery to ensure efficient day to day operations.
- Secret Security Clearance Held
- Security + Certified
- SQL Server 2008, 2005,2000, 7.0
- Sybase, MS Access
- Crystals Reports 11, 10, 8, 8.5 Enterprise
- SSIS and DTS packages
- Great Plains, iMIS
- Clustering, Mirroring, Replication
- Windows 2003, 2000 Server
- SQL Reporting Services 2005
- Fully Bilingual English - Spanish
Confidential, Fairfax VA 11/2009 - Present
Confidential, Dumfries VA
Database Administrator - Confidential
- Responsible for all SQL Server administrative functions in 20+ databases in multiple instances
- Design, create and enhance databases and database objects, such tables, views, stored procedures and indexes.
- Experienced in Agile application development - .net environment- collaborating closely with software developers and business owners
- Create ad hoc queries based upon client requests
- Design, validate and implement database development and database security
- Create, schedule and monitor SQL jobs, which include ETL, reports and backups
- Tune SQL queries in order to maximize efficiency
- Created and configured Transactional Replication to multiple SQL Server instances
- STIG’d (Security Technical Implementation Guide) staging and production environments
- Implement and maintain SQL Server Reporting Services
Confidential, Vienna VA 10/2007 - 10/2009
- Responsible for the daily administration of over 25 database servers containing over 200 databases.
- Installed multiple database 2000, 2005 and 2008 servers.
- Fully responsible for upgrading from MS SQL Server 2000 to MS SQL Server 2005.
- Implemented disaster recovery solutions, such as Clustering and Database Mirroring.
- Maintained and monitored daily operation of a Database Warehouse with a size of over a 1 TB.
- Migrated data from other platforms by using DTS and SQL Server Integration Servers
- Created and altered databases and database objects, such tables, stored procedures, indexes, and triggers.
- Diagnosed and addressed database performance issues.
- Worked with SAN administrator to ensure available space for database growth.
- Developed documentation for standard database maintenance procedures and disaster recovery for each database server.
- Worked with the Network Administers and clients to ensure overall reliability of server hardware and software, including database, OS and application, such as general maintenance and upgrades.
- Provided 24 x 7 support to production and non-production servers.
Confidential, Arlington VA 7/2006 - 10/2007
- Responsible for maintaining and supporting all database servers and associated applications.
- In charge of data conversion from multiple database sources, MS SQL 2000, Oracle 8i and MS Access into one MS SQL database for use with new relationship management software, iMIS.
- Monitor and address database performance and capacity issues.
- Created a test environment for all critical database applications, such iMIS, Great Plains, PDS.
- Test and deploy standard upgrades.
- Document database architecture and customizations to critical applications, as well as installation procedures.
- Developed and maintained documentation for Standard Operating Procedures and Disaster Recovery Plan for database applications.
- Developed and maintained SQL stored procedures, views and services.
- Designed Crystal reports from database sources as requested by diocesan departments.
Confidential, Gaithersburg, MD 3/2004 - 1/2006
- Responsible for hiring, training and daily supervision of department personnel.
- Developed and implemented policies and procedures for the entire department to include day-to-day operations and data collection process improvements.
- Identified and assigned projects for all departmental staff.
- Identified data integrity failures and implemented correction processes in MS SQL Server 2000.
- Performed mass database updates via queries as requested by research staff.
- Practiced SDLC methodologies for various projects across departments.
- Created and scheduled stored procedures and customized DTS packages.
- Generated and published daily reports for sales department and upper management using SQL Reporting Services and Crystal Reports.
- Implemented and configured Heat call and issue tracking software.
- Provided backup to technical support for all Lyons products.
Confidential, Bethesda, MD 8/2000 - 2/2004
Operations Support Manager
- Development of internal processes, operational policy, and internal training materials.
- Defined Call Center and Funds Transfer protocol.
- Applied knowledge of relational database technology, Microsoft SQL Server and Sybase, and varied application development tools, such as Crystal, Access, and MS Access in the development of all company reports and applications integral to the operational process of the firm.
- In charge of transfer operations. Primary liaison between the operations and technology groups.
- In charge of relocating transfer operations to Colombia. Manage national retail operations and support.
Confidential, Holloman A.F.B., NM 12/1987 - 12/1991
Weapons Systems Specialist
- Responsible for the maintenance and arming of weapons systems on F-15 fighters.
Information Systems Currently Pursuing.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes