- Around 8 years of IT experience in SQL Server Database Administration, Design, System Analysis, Testing, Development and Support of MS SQL server 2008 R2/2008/2005/2000/7.0 in PRODUCTION, DEVELOPMENT, QA and UAT Environments.
- Experience in database administration and development activities like Installation, Configuration, Database design & development, Data modeling, Backup & Recovery, Performance tuning and Query Optimization, Data Transformation Services, and Database Security.
- Extensive experience working with MS SQL Server 2008, 2005, 2000, 7.0 versions. Hands on experience in SQL Server DTS and SSIS(SQL Server Integration Service) package design, constructing, and deployment. Extensive knowledge of Relational Database ManagementSystems(RDBMS).
- Expert in Implementing High Availability Solutions for MS SQL Server Environments
- Expert in handling OLTP and OLAP environment in 24/7 and on call basis
- Planned and Implemented MS SQL Server Clustered Environments in Active / Passive and Active / Active
- Implemented Disaster Recovery Solutions by configuring SQL Server in Log Shipping and Mirrored Environments.
- Managed MS SQL Servers in Virtual Environments using VMWARE.
- Managed SAN Environment and worked on SAN Boxes
- Expert in writing TSQL, Stored procedures, Views, Triggers and Functions.
- Expert skills in Performance Tuning SQL Servers for Index Fragmentation, Query Plans and Deadlocks
- Worked with SQL Servermanagement studio (SSMS) and Business Intelligence development studio (BIDS) and Surface Area Configuration (SAC).
- Experience in working high transacted OLTP systems.Experience in providing 24 x 7 production support. Experience in implementing different types of Replication like Snapshot and Transactional.
- Successfully tested and implemented Log Shipping Technique used for hot backup solution for MS SQL Server 2000/2005 databases.
- Expertise in database Backup, Recovery and Disaster Recovery procedures that alert lead developers / key functional users when it finds any issues. Developed and documented disaster recovery plans and backup and recovery strategies for production environment.
- Strong ability in defining query for generating drill down reports in SSRS 2005. Strong proficiency in SSAS cubes development and processing including dimensions and measures design, Perspectives.
- Experience in Dimensional Modeling, Designing of STAR, SNOWS FLAKESchemas. Data modeling experience focusing on high-activity, normalizedtransactionsystems(OLTP), highly-usable demoralized reporting systems (OLAP) as well as staging areas and data marts.
- Extensive experience in SQL Server development, stored procedures, User defined functions, Triggers, Views, Indexes, data integrity.Extensive experience in building Multi dimensional Cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Expert in designing, maintaining & tuning various RDBMS such as T-SQL & SQL Server2005/2000/7.0.Experience in writing complex SQL queries involving multiple tables, inner and outer joins, and stored procedures.
- Master of Science in Information Systems
- 070-431: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 -Implementation and Maintenance
- 070-443: Designing a Database Server Infrastructure
- 070-444: Optimizing and Maintaining a Database Administration Solution
Good Application Experience in
Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2003, MS SQL Server 2008 R2/2008/2005/2000, Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, DTS, MS SQL SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, SQL Profiler, SQL, PL/SQL, Visual Studio 2008/2005, T-SQL, ERWIN, Database Modeling, Microsoft VISIO, SQL Litespeed, IDERA, VMWare.
- Setting up Active/Active and Active/Passive Clustering on SQL Server 64 bit environment.
- Setting up Replication using MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000.
- SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services).
- SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services).
- Setting up Log Shipping (Manual/Wizard) in SQL 2008 R2/2005.
- Setting up SQL Server Database Mirroring in SQL Server 2008 R2
Confidential, San Jose, CA 05/2011 - Present
SQL Server DBA
Confidential, is an American data communications and telecommunications equipment provider. The scope of the project was to build new Clusters under an enterprise domain and Migrate data to this newly built environment and delivered better performing system through appropriate maintenance plans.
- As a Production and development support DBA responsible for maintaining 150 SQL Servers out of which 170 servers are production servers in which 100 were mission critical and 70 were business critical servers, remaining test and development servers.
- Installed SQL Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2005 on windows 2008 R2 and 2003servers, applied service packs and security fix for all servers.
- On call 24/7 support to databases on weekly rotation.
- Implemented Failover clustering for ACTIVE/ACTIVE and Active/Passive SQL Server 64 bit environment
- Managed SQL Servers in 32/64 bit Clustered environments
- Implemented Database Mirroring on SQL Server 2008 environments.
- Used ERWIN to carry out heavy duty Logical and Physical data modeling
- Architected database system on ERWIN and did extensive relationship modeling
- Configured and maintained Log shipping architecture to provide backup server solution for 4 environments.
- Implemented transactional replication for data refresh
- Managed all Publisher, Distributor and Subscriber database environments for the replication
- Extensively used SQL PROFILER and QUERY TUNING Wizard to troubleshoot problems and queries
- Upgraded server from MS SQL Server 2005 to MS SQL Server 2008
- Experience in configuring and deploying SSRS reports onto Microsoft Office SharePoint Server.
- Created the DTS, SSIS packages to import the data from MS Access and Oracle server to SQL Servers.
- Created SSIS packages to Extract and Load data from diverse source (flat file, excel, xml and oracle)
- Created Data Flow's for Aggregate, sort, lookup, merge, union all and fuzzy lookups.
- Used containers for repetitive control flow tasks
- Used Send Mail, Bulk Insert, Execute SQL, Data Flow, Import Export control extensively in SSIS
- Performed Multi File Imports, Package configuration, Debugging Tasks and Scripts in SSIS
- Scheduled package execution in SSIS
- Installing packages on multiple servers in SSIS
- Extensively worked on SSIS for data manipulation and data extraction, ETL Load
- Created extensive reports using SSRS ( Tabular, Matrix )
- Installed, configured and maintained MS SQL Fail over clustering to provide server high availability solution for 6 different environments.
- Involved in tuning SQL Server databases using available tuning methods like index tuning wizards, profiler and execution plans.
- Created the standard documents for Disaster recovery testing and implemented them.
- Experienced with database sizing and capacity planning for production servers.
- Implementing Framework Operating system ITIL
- Responsible for upgrades i.e. SQL server 2005 Service Pack, SQL Safe Backup tools and SQL Diagnostic Manager.
- Supporting the business 24*7, maintaining 99.999 uptimes, depending on the application and business SLA requirements.
- Experienced with creating logical and physical database design for development projects.
- Experienced with improving SQL Server using windows performance monitor to improve the server performance.
- Created the backup schedule for production, test and development servers.
- Worked with developers to do the database schema changes and database restore requests.
- Involved in restore operations to refresh the data from production to test servers.
- Experienced in troubleshooting production servers and fixed the user and application issues.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008 R2/2008/2005/2000, SSIS, SSRS, Replication, Migration, OLAP, OLTP, ITSM Ticketing System, Double-Take Recover Now 5.3, Erwin 7.1 & Microsoft Visio 2003.
Confidential, San Jose, CA 7/2009 - 04/2011
SQL Server DBA
Confidential, develops markets and sells software used for multiple functions, including IT service management, data center automation, performance management. . The aim of the project was to involved upgrade SQL Server 2005 to 2008 and Migration data to this newly built environment.
- Performed the role of Senior Database Architect for all SQL Server database environments
- Managed All Production, Development and QA Environments running MS SQL Server 2008/2005.
- Involved in Migration of Production Database Servers from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008.
- Involved in Performance Tuning on Production, Staging and Test Servers.
- Involved with maintenance of ACTIVE/PASSIVE Cluster Environments
- Implemented Database mirroring for High Availability.
- Maintained various databases for Production and Testing using SQL Server 2008.
- Used All Fusion ERWIN to deploy any changes to the database and objects from test to production.
- Worked with SQL Server Profiler and Perfmon.
- Involved in Monitoring Performance of different production servers.
- Using SSIS, building high performance data integration solutions, including extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) packages for data warehousing.
- Using Sql server reporting services(SSRS) delivering enterprise, Web-enabled reporting so create reports that draw content from a variety of data sources.
- Making a Report as per user requirement using MS Reporting Services 2000/2005
- Created SSIS Packages to migrate slowly changing dimensions
- Created Service Broker Programs to continuously load data from the mirror database to the report database.
- Created SSIS Packages to migrate slowly changing dimensions
- Involved in data modeling for the application and created ER diagram using Erwin.
- Created Schemas, Logins, Tables, Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes, Views, Functions and Stored Procedures.
- Created star and snowflakedata models
- Planning the location of data, index, and Transaction log files on the disk.
- Performance tuning, and Optimization of Stored Procedures and Queries.
- Created the backup and restore strategy for production and development environment.
- Created Database Maintenance Planner for the Performance of SQL Server which covers Database Integrity Checks, Update Database Statistics and Re-indexing.
- Involved in creating reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) as per the requirement.
- Migrated DTS packages to SSIS packages.
- Experience in creating and executing SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages.
- Involved in Migration of Reporting Servers from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2008.
- Managing schema objects such as tables, views, indexes, procedures, triggers & maintaining Referential Integrity depending on user requirements and converting them into technical specifications.
- Involved in Data Security by maintaining and giving granular permissions to the users/login as needed, enforcing the password policies and by creating proxy accounts.
- Database and Transaction log backups & restoration, backup strategies, scheduling the backups. Backing up system & user databases and restoring them whenever necessary.
- Performing fine Tuning of Database Application. Cleansing and solving Database troubles.
- Administering the MS SQL Server by creating user logins with appropriate roles, dropping and locking the logins, monitoring the user accounts, creation of groups, granting the privileges to users and groups.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2005/2000, SSIS, SSRS, Windows 2008/2003 enterprise server, SQL Profiler, Idera SQL Diagnostic Manager, Performance Monitor.
Confidential, New York NY 1/2008 - 6/2009
SQL Server DBA/DEVELOPER
Confidential, is the largest financial services group in the world, offering a diverse array of corporate and personal financial products and the greatest global distribution capacity of any financial firm.
Project: Citi vision, Production Support DBA
Confidential, provides a mechanism whereby citi group's investment bankers around the world could interact with each other—share a common set of information but personalize how they do business day-to-day. Citi Vision aggregates vital client information from 90 countries in a way which permits each user to develop a customized view of the information needed by them. The entire personalized information is stored in the back-end as SQL server.
- Involved in upgrading the instance of SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005 in testing and production environment. Used SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) for monitoring, troubleshooting and addressing database related issues.
- Implementing Database Mirroring using high safety with automatic failover for Disaster Recovery. Implemented New Objects according to the Business requirements. Implemented Constraints (Primary Key, Foreign Keys Check and Not Null/Null) and fine tune Indexes on Tables.
- Create and Modify Stored Procedures, According to the business. Fine Tuning of Stored Procedures and SQL Queries.Worked with Control Flow tasks, Data flow tasks and Data flow transformations using SSIS 2005.
- Developed various reports to validate the data between source and the target systems. Involved in providing security to the reports by restricting various users through Roles. Used Database Engine Tuning advisor and SQL Profilerfor Monitoring memory, processor, Disk I/O and SQL Queries.
- Configured Log shipping from one production server to the reporting server. Implemented built in log shipping with SQL Server2000 for disaster recovery server. Creating the Packages for running the jobs automatically good in Implementing SQL Server security and process control.
- Creating users and assigning permissions in the DEV box.
- Creating back up strategies and scheduling them for execution.
- Created the MS DTS packages for executing the required tasks. Created the Jobs and scheduled for daily running.
- Involved in Performance tuning for source databases.
- Knowledge of VPN networks and used VPN extensively to connect to Citibank Networks from home.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2000, DB2, Windows 2003 Enterprise server, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Visual Source Safe 6.0, Crystal Reports, Business Intelligence Development Studio.
Confidential, Bethesda MD 9/2006 - 12/2007
MS SQL Server DBA
Confidential, a part of the U.S. Department of health and human Service, is the nation's medical research agency. The goal of the project was involved in ongoing setup and maintenance of development, test, and production databases, conducting database performance monitoring and tuning, controlling and monitoring user and applications access to the database.
- Data Import/Export through DTS. Created Database Maintenance Planner for the Performance of SQL Server which covers DatabaseIntegrity Checks, Update Database Statistics and Re-indexing.
- Planned the Complete Backing up of Database and restoring the Database from Disaster Recovery. Creating users, Roles and granting privileges. Creating database, tables, indexes, and rules. Developed stored procedures, triggers, and views for managing efficient data retrieval.
- Written T-SQLstatements using DML and DDL for retrieval of the data. Configured data mapping between different Databases.
- Query optimization using SQL Profiler and performance monitors to enhance the performance of database servers.Transformed data from various data sources using OLE DB connection by creating various DTS packages.
- Experience in writing and debugging Stored Procedures and triggers. Designed, Developed and managed the reports using Reporting Services. Experience in Database Backup, Recovery and Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Created Replication models Snapshot and Transactional. Created and scheduled various SQL Jobs using SQL ServerAgent to perform various Administrative skills.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2000, Windows 2003/2000 Server, SQL Diagrams, Erwin, and SQL LiteSpeed Backup Software
Confidential, Bangalore, India 7/2005 - 8/2006
SQL Server DBA
Godrej Industries is India\'s leading manufacturer of home appliance. The aim of the project was to convert historical data files (mostly Excel, Tally accounting files, Access Database) into the data model of the database and assisting fellow database developers when needed.
- Created Databases, Tables, Indexes, Views and Coded Stored Procedures, functions, triggers and Used SQL Profiler and performance monitors to enhance the performance of database servers.
- DBA activities like creating users, roles and granting and revoking privileges and Design and implement database backup and recovery procedures.
- Calculate disk space and table space requirements and Involved in capacity planning, estimating and sizing of tables.
- Migrated data to other databases and Created DTS Packages to import data from Excel spreadsheets and Implementing user training and providing technical support.
- Designed the logical and physical databases and development of SQL Server Database and Database testing, maintaining the data and writing the procedure.
Environment: SQL Server 2000, T-SQL, SQL Query Analyzer, DTS, Windows NT, MS Access, MS Excel Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Windows 2003 enterprise server, SQL Profiler, Idera SQL Diagnostic Manager, Performance Monitor.