More than 5 yrs of experience in Application Architecture, Analysis, Technical Design, Development, Implementation, Testing, Configuration Management and Release/Build management in all stages of Full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of software applications using Core Java and J2EE technologies. Extensive exposure to J2EE environment, well experienced in MVC architecture Struts framework, Spring Framework . Capable of learning new technologies and adapt to new environments quickly. Establish and maintain productive working relationship with management, clients and team members. Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills with extensive domain Knowledge in Banking, Finance, Communication Logistics. Ability to work in tight schedules and efficient in meeting deadlines. Good initiator, quick learner and excellent team-player with strong personal and group communication skills.
- Specialized in developing Enterprise Applications in Financial, Banking, Communications and WebServices domain using Core Java, J2EE, JSP, Servlets, XML, JBoss andApplication Servers.
- Well versed with complete Life Cycle Development process that includes translation of requirements into functional and technical specifications, Designing, Developing, Testing and Implementation and Post Production support.
- Extensively used waterfall and Agile (Scrum) for development.
- Extensive knowledge in working with J2EE technologies such as Servlets, JSP, JDBC, EJB and Java Script Libraries.
- Expertise in Java Application Development, Distributed Application development, Object Oriented Programming, and also in developing, testing and implementing application Environment using J2EE technologies like J2SE 6.0, JDBC, Servlets 2.4, JSP 2.1, AJAX, EJB, JMS and Web Services.
- Highly experienced in Struts, HTML, MySql, Web Services, Toad, JDBC, Spring Framework, Spring Source, Clear Case, WinSCP, Putty, JUnit, Clear Quest, Test Director, JTest, UML Design.
- Experienced in Requirement Analysis, Design, and Test Case (TC) preparation, Development, Integration / Regression Testing, Walk-Thru’sand Defect Prevention Analysis.
- Proficient in Analysis, Coding, Unit testing, and Defect tracking. Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Have got experience in different design patterns like J2EE, MVC, Singleton, Prototype, Factory, Façade, Business Delegate,etc.
- Excellent analytical and Problem solving capability. Generated detailed, process-oriented documentation that describes the operation of the applications as requirements that is accurate, concise, timely, and readable. Goal oriented team player, self-starter, and quick learner with ability to work with the team as well as work individually and exceed expectations
Bachelors ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATIONS
Web Technologies: Struts, Servlets, JSP, JSF, Spring
Enterprise Technologies: EJB , RMI, JMS, JNDI, JavaMail, Web Services
Technologies:JavaBeans, Hibernate, JDBC, Ant, Log4j, SAX, DOM, SOAP, CSS, WSDL, JUnit
Design Patterns: MVC, Business Delegate, Service Locator, Singleton, DAO, Front Controller, Session Façade, Value Object
RDBMS: Oracle, My SQL, DB2, VSAM, IMS
Configuration Management: ClearCase, CVS, PVCS, Starteam Borland, VSS, Microsoft Visual Source Safe 6.0
Utilities: Eclipse, EditPlus, SSH Client, MS Office, Lotus Notes
Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBOSS
Operating Systems: Windows-NT/2000/XP, UNIX, MVS Z/OS
Confidential, Arlington TX
Role: Software Engineer Feb 2011 to Present
- Analyzed business and functional requirements. Used agile process for project development and MS Visio for design of the application
- Developed the front tier for the site based on Model-View-Controller (MVC) design pattern
- Participated in tuning Java/JEE apps and app servers to provide optimal performance, scalability & stability
- Involved in resolving defects for the existing application. Performed Logging using a log4j
- Responsible for reviewing the code done by the team
- Developed J2EE, MVC, Servlet, Beans, JSP,JDBC application to store messages in Oracle database for message conversion using Application Server
- Developed nested custom tags (framework) in JAVA to have uniform look and feel across the JSP pages.
- Developed JAVA Model, dispatcher Servlet and Bean classes (acting as façade to DAO database helper classes) in JAVA. Model DAO objects interacted to the underlying database through JDBC.
- Developed message admin operations (view, update, delete) using JSP, JDBC and STRUTS architecture. Developed JSP pages with STRUTS tags, JAVA Action form Beans (View), JAVA Actions(Controller) which interact with the database through the JAVA Model (DAO) component where business logic is executed. Login authentication is implemented using database table.
- Developed Web services to communicate with end clients.
- Developed XML deployment descriptor, configuration files, SQL data script
- Create unit test cases, Performed testing, and performance tuning
- Direct interaction with the clients during Requirements capture.
- Analyzing the enhancements and giving the impact analysis and estimation.
Role: Software Engineer May 09 to Jan 11
- Job responsibilities included software development, Front End & COTS integration, Validation and End-User support of AMEX Cobrand Application.
- Conducted the yearly SOX audit that included end to end batch job execution in the test region taking scrambled data from production and compare the results with the production to ensure proper functionality of the application. Generated audit reports for verification by the client.
- Worked as a part of the enhancement team of the Cobrand application related to the card member periodic cycling changes, demographic changes, changes to spend related details, point’s accumulation and rewarding of the card members. Responsible for coding and testing a complete stream in the requirement, modification of reports.
- Responsible for developing and testing a new tool for a one-time adhoc job execution that was usable across the portfolio for handling similar requests. It was used for one-time job execution for this request but it was created generic so that it can be reused for similar scenarios. The tool was recognized and added by the Quality Management team to the Tools Repository.
- Involved in the analysis, design, coding, Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Performance Testing, Pre-Install, Install and Post Install Support Phases.
- Responsible for communication and follow-ups with the DBAs for DB2 changes involving complete revamp of certain DB2 tables within the project.
- Team worked in the version control for the whole project and handled the configuration management for the project related documents.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER Edinburgh Apr 08 –Apr 09
- Worked in an application which is a corporate customer transaction facility created for the RBS customers to do payments. The Project covered addition of new enhancements to the application like financial transfers, Inter Account Transfers (IAT) and development of the same.
- Involved in the Component design, Coding, Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Performance Link Testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Testing responsibilities included testing the overall functionality of the system, ensure connectivity between Java Frontend and Mainframe Backend using CICS calls, generation of test scenarios, execution and report generation, interacting with customers through issue tracker database to resolve issues.
- Conducted various management activities by working with the design team to resolve the issues.
- Worked as the Reference Data Manager for the project to facilitate the test data management in the DB2 tables during the various test phases.
Environment: JDK , Core Java, Java Socket Programming, JDBC, Servlets, Oracle 8, MainFrame, INSYNC, DB2
Confidential, INDIA May 07 – Mar 08
Auto Serve Information System
Role: Software Engineer
- Developed Servlets and JSP to coordinate the flow.
- Developed business logic using Session beans and deployed them using Websphere Application server.
- Developed components to get the authentication information from LDAP Server, developed necessary interfaces and implemented a highly complicated programmatic security system.