Experienced in all phases of the systems development life cycle(SDLC), from planning and analysis to development, testing and production support. Skilled in multiple application development environments including Web - based platforms, client-server, and MVS mainframe.
Confidential, Eveleth, MN
- Responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of the Health Care Claims Adjudication system (Qcare) for Confidential Insurance.
- Designed an online maintenance application that will allow Confidential to keep track of Par and Non-Par Providers that have opted into the mandatory Sequestration system. This system will be integrated into Qcare.
- Modified several programs in the Qcare system to apply the Sequestration rate to Medicare claims based on the contract with the Provider and other factors.
Utilizing: COBOL, CICS, DB2, VSAM, OS/JCL, TSO/ISPF, Librarian, XPEDITER, NDM
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Responsible for the implementation of the mandated replacement of the ICD-9 code sets used by medical Coders and Billers to report health care diagnoses and surgical procedures with the more up to date ICD-10 code sets. This project required a complete overhaul of the current MMIS System (Medicare/Medicaid Management Information System).
- My functions included: setting up the Environment in the test region to mirror that of the production region.
- Created JCL to run the Batch Jobs that Adjudicate claims sent to DHMH/MMIS from various sources.
- Modified several COBOL/CICS online and Batch programs to process both ICD9 and ICD10 surgical procedure codes and diagnosis codes.
- Participated in the writing of Functional Requirements, System Requirements, System Implementation documents Manuals and Technical Specs.
- Mentored Junior IT personnel and participate in code walk-throughs and Demonstrations.
Utilized: COBOL, CICS, VSAM, DB2, SPUFI, QMF, OS/JCL, TSO/ISPF, FOCUS, CA-Eazytrieve, Librarian, XPEDITER, NDM, SharePoint
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Jr. SharePoint 2010 Developer
- In charge of the administration and development of various SharePoint projects nationwide.
- Worked as an Architect gathering functional and technical requirements which would then be handed over to the offshore development team.
- Prepared a Detailed Architect Document and helped in the design of Detail Specification Documents.
- Participated in the Conversion of an Enterprise website. Using PowerShell, migrated several hundred Pages from ePrise content management into predefined SharePoint 2010 Content Types and Layouts pages.
- Created custom CSS classes which were incorporated into the SharePoint ribbon to allow users to apply various Styles to publishing documents and pages.
- Created Content Query Web Parts to extract and display information from external websites.
- Incorporated an XML based Stock-Ticker that is displayed on the Master Page header, as well as an XML based graph of Stock histories.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Performed modifications and enhancements to the Housing and Urban Development
- Developed Functional, Integration and System Testing test plans in preparation for year-end Accounting and Financial reporting.
- Modified various COBOL and CICS programs in this system to allow it to accept an Endorsement Loan Date, as well as an Original Loan date.
- Enhanced the Batch Title I Notes sub-system to capture the Endorsement Date, this included the modification of the VSAM case master header files, the edits and Non-Financial processes, the Credit Reform Fund Type and Cohort Year applications.
- Modified the Unscheduled Advanced Screen to provide the capability for entering corporate advances for taxes, other fees and HCA information.
- Helped with the migration of this system to the Treasury Department’s debt collection efforts
Utilized: COBOL, CICS, VSAM, OS/JCL, TSO/ISPF, CA-Eazytrieve, Panvalet, DB2, Intertest
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Converted various CICS screens from the Legacy Confidential online Claims System, to the Confidential Java web based system.
- Modified the Batch Denied Claim system which allowed FEP the ability to process Denied claims on an REALTIME basis throughout the day.
- Coded several programs that captured information from a legacy COBOL based EOB(Explanation of Benefits) system. Stored this data inside a new DB2 data base. This information could then be displayed through an Internet Java based application to our members.
- Performed Helpdesk, Disaster Recovery, Production and Implementation Support duties on a rotating basis
- Created Technical Specification documents for Audit and Archival purposes.
Confidential, Dulles, VA
- In charge of developing a new Client Server application, that will allow Corporations to schedule business flights with major Airlines on a contract basis.
- Participated in the design, development and implementation of a system which when implemented, will Automate the collection of Fees and Surcharges accessed by major carriers on their clients.
- Designed and coded several programs to report statistical pricing information held on the IDMS database.
- Designed a series of Stored Procedures that will allow Java programs access to the DB2 server database in preparation for an industry wide conversion to Java.
Utilized: COBOL, CICS, DB2, VSAM, JACADA, OS/JCL, IDMS, ADSO, WSAD, Eclipse, Java, HTML, XML, SQL, Endevor
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Provided programming, analysis and production support to the Human Services Application at the Confidential, in order to ensure that all operational and legislative requirements were met and that the District of Columbia continued to provide services to all its customers.
- Added several functions to the Menu screens of the Human Services Application.
- One of these functions was to display data from the Interface Database whose main purpose was to store data acquired or sent to us by different Federal or Local agencies. This required the creation or modification of various front-end Programs and Screens written in COBOL/CICS.
- Participated in the conversion of a Pilot Program for Confidential clients who were hospitalized at local area institutions.
- This pilot program which was originally written in COBOL CICS, was converted into a Web based front-end application, (Visual Basic, HTML) allowing clients to inquire about the status of their claims on line.
- Developed Test Cases for Functional, Integration and System Testing.