I am associated with Software development and Database Administration for over 12 years. I am experienced in building, enhancing, and maintaining web and client server applications utilizing several programming languages and development tools. I have strong experience in Database Administration, System Analysis, Design Development, Support of Microsoft SQL Server Production, QA, Data Migration and Reporting Services.
Databases: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , Oracle, MySql, MS Access.
Tools: MS Visual Studio, MS Office, .Net Framework, Microsoft FrontPage, Adobe Acrobat, MS Visio, MS Project, TOAD, SQLPlus, RightNow, FileZilla, HTML, VMware and Raritan.
Web Browsers & Servers: Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, Mozilla FireFox, Opera, Tomcat, Apache, Web Logic.
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/2000/NT/XP/Vista/7/8, Windows Server 2003/2008, Unix, Linux, and DOS.
Software Developer/ DBA
- Provided support to multiple government agencies such as U.S Confidential, Confidential (HUD), and Department of State from an offsite location.
- Developed and Maintained several in - house applications, websites, web-based tracking systems, web modules, and reporting systems.
- Created MySQL backend database, and stored procedures supporting the web application.
- Developed a web based reporting system for supervisors exporting in Excel and Adobe format.
- Customized Call Centre reporting system by creating and modifying complex reports, synchronized data between different databases located in several different locations.
- Responsible for data dissemination for public in text, Access and Excel formats from an Oracle database using tools such as TOAD and SQLPLUS.
- Gathered requirements and automated several mission critical reports for internal users using SQL Server and Visual Studio Applications.
- Automated MySql Server database backup process and scheduled to run on daily basis.
- Maintained SQL Server databases on different servers. Including implementation of SQL Server Security, authentication, permissions and roles.
- Responsible for database configuration and maintenance, trouble shooting, planning, integrating diverse data elements, and data migration.
- Developed a client-server based web application using MS Visual Studio utilizing visual basic and a backend SQL Server database.
- Developed SQL Server databases and secured website for user’s data entries for Homeowner Equity Reverse Mortgage, HUD contract.
- Saved HUD millions of dollars over the span of few years by streamlining and automating existing business processes.
- Automated Mortgage Insurance refund process by replacing the manual reporting system using Microsoft Access and Visual Basic Programming Languages.
- Developed a database for customer survey for reporting customer’s views of the call center’s performance.
- Developed a user interface for data entry and a number of utilities using MS Access forms and reports.
- Generated reports and automated several manual tasks and reporting systems.
- Responsible for periodic updating all data collecting systems at Disaster Recovery Center located in offsite location.
- Developed a silent call monitoring, tracking and evaluation system to improve Call Centre performance.
- Compared phone call data from the Call Centre calls collection systems and generated reports, and updated data for disaster recovery centre.
Junior DBA/ Programmer
- Developed databases, conducted data migrations, and implemented data entry forms.
- Automated the reports using MS Access forms, macros and Visual Basic.
- Configured and conducted database bulk mail by designing, developing and printing notification letters and mailing labels.
- Generating reports in PDF and Excel formats on an ad hoc basis from databases.