- I possess in - depth knowledge in COBOL programming (for both Unix, AS400 and Mainframe), UNIX shellscripting, Mainframe JCL, XGEN Cobol, Oracle SQL and PL/SQL, DB2 as well as in various other platforms and applications as stated herein.
- I am familiar with the full cycle of system development, from design up to its final implementation and support.
- I had handled various projects from retailing to banking applications. I am a dedicated, resourceful, motivated, hard-working and result-oriented person and have high aptitude in learning new technologies.
- I currently work on H1B visa with GC in process under Confidential and I am able to work through this company or through Corp-to- Corp arrangement.
- Design and develop Software applications.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Interact with customers about software system design and maintenance.
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming and documentation using XGEN Cobol, XGEN Online Designer, UC4 Job scheduler, SQL Developer, PL/SQL and Oracle Database.
- Handled analysis, design, development, implementation, maintenance and system support of the bank's Payment System applications involving SWIFT Alliance and Connexis message transfer for the bank’s ASIAPACIFIC branches. Used Cobol, Unix Shellscripting, PL/SQL, and Oracle Database.
- Created test scripts, scenarios and test data to support for all phases of testing: from unit testing, system testing, regression testing and user acceptance testing.
- Rebuilt the entire bank’s statement generation application that runs in UNIX using Papyrus software.
- Developed, tested, implemented, maintained and provided production support to Core Retail application modules using Cobol and AS400, RPG, CL and CICS.
- Provided support on conducting system and regression testing as well as in user acceptance tests.
- Set-up UNIX environment for bank statement processing to cater with the bank’s Global Hubbing project.
- Migrated applications like AP Payroll interfaces, GST Reporting and Fixed Deposit Systems from mainframe to UNIX environment using Cobol, RPG, CICS, VSAM, Easytrieve, DB2 and Oracle PL/SQL.
- Provided thorough unit testing to ensure that the actual capabilities of the mainframe application is inherited after migrating to Unix.
- Participated actively during System testing and User acceptance testing to ensure that the migration can be integrated successfully into the whole banking system.
- Lead a team of programmers handling the bank’s Trust Banking and Portfolio Management Systems which ran in AS400, RPG, CL and CICS.
- Defined functional and system specification and analysis, impact analysis and database design.
- Provided thorough testing on each application to ensure proper implementation.
- Provided 24x7 production support to all applications within my areas of responsibility.
- Assigned as part of the special team to migrate and improve the Loan Management System of the Philippine’s Social Security System from mainframe to Unix using Pro*Cobol and Oracle Developer.
- Developed complex UNIX scripts and Oracle PL/SQL and stored procedures for both batch and online processing.