- Over 8+ years of Professional experience in SQL Server Databases and Data Loading and Reporting tools with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Experienced in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Extensive knowledge on SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
- Excellent knowledge in RDBMS concepts along with Database objects like Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Cursors, Indexes and Views using T - SQL in Development and Production environment for SQL Server 2014.
- Extensive work knowledge in handling huge Databases and worked on Performance Tuning and query optimizations.
- Expert in Extraction, Transforming and Loading the data by extract data from Excel File and Flat File sources and load into various Business Entities.
- Proficient in designing SSIS packages using various Transformations such as Derived Column, Conditional Split, Merge join, Lookup, Slowly Changing Dimension, Multi-Cast to load data into Data Warehouse.
- Expertise in Developing SSIS packages, good exposure of usage various tasks, error handling, Event handlers, configuring packages and deployment of packages.
- Ability to create Sub Reports and Linked Reports using SSRS Queries and develop Report Structure with data definition, report layout and report definition language.
- Created simple and complex reports by customizing look and feel by using various report models and pass the parameters according to business user's request.
- Good exposure on Power BI Reporting Tool.
- Experience in writing expressions in SSRS and Expert in fine tuning the reports. Created many Drill through and Drill Down reports using SSRS .
- Having good knowledge on creation and scheduling of SQL server agent jobs to run daily ETL's.
- Having good working exposure on creation and processing of cubes.
- Having good working exposure in creating analytical reports using cubes.
- Having knowledge on writing MDX quires.
- Good team player, strong interpersonal and communication skills combined with self-motivation, initiative, and the ability to think outside the box.
- Strong Experience in Creating, Configuring, Deploying and Testing SSIS Packages.
- Worked extensively on Extraction, Transformation, loading data from Oracle, DB2, Access, Excel, Flat Files and XML using DTS, SSIS.
- Working experience of designing Ad-hoc reports for higher managers using report model, providing them flexibility to create reports using drag and drop functionality.
- Developed Cubes using SQL server Analysis Services (SSAS) and Experience in Developing and Extending OLAP Cubes, Dimensions, and data source views.
- Good experience in creating OLAP cubes using SQL Server analysis services (SSAS).
Databases Tools: Query Analyzer, SQL Server Management Studio, Business Intelligence Development Studio, SQL Profiler, SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS)
ETL Tools: Export/Import, SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS)
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services ( 2016/2014/2012/2008 ), MS Access, MS Excel
Database: MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 R2/2008, MS Access MS Visio, ERWIN, Star Schema/Snowflake Schema modeling, FACT & Dimensions tables, Physical & logical data modeling and De-normalization techniques
Programming Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, XML, HTML, VBSCRIPT
SQL Tools: SSIS, SSRS, BUSINESS INTEGELLIENCE STUDIO BIDS, SSMS, VISUAL STUDIO, SSDT, SQL SERVER MANAGEMENT STUDIO(SSMS)
Operating Systems: Windows (10/8/7/Vista/XP), Windows 2015/2012/2008 Server, LINUX, UNIX
Other Tools: MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Power Point, MS Visio), OLAP & OLTP
Confidential, Plano, TX
Sr MSBI Developer
- Worked on all activities related to the development, implementation, administration, and support of ETL processes for large-scale Data Warehouses using SSIS
- Used Test Driven Development (TDD) and Scrum concepts of Agile Methodology to develop business Reports. Attended Sprint and daily Scrum meetings.
- Involving in requirements gathering and analysis with users.
- Worked on Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data from Excel, Flat file, to MS SQL Server by using SSIS services.
- Created packages in SSIS with error handling and Worked with different methods of logging in SSIS.
- Used data conversion tasks in SSIS to load the data from flat file to SQL Server database.
- Performed Loading operation of historical data
- Using full load and incremental load into Data Warehouse.
- Created Business-Crucial stored procedures and functions to support efficient data storage and manipulation.
- Filtered data from Transient Stage to EDW by using complex T-SQL statements in Execute SQL Query Task and in Transformations and implemented various Constraints for data consistency and to preserve data integrity.
- Built MDX queries for Analysis Services cubes & Reporting Services.
- Created complex SSAS cubes with multiple fact measures groups, and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP reporting needs.
- Performed unit and system testing, troubleshooting and bug fixing in development and QA environments.
- Developed complex Stored Procedures to generate various Drill-through reports, Parameterized reports, Tabular reports, Matrix reports and linked reports using SSRS.
- Designed and Implemented plan for the moving data to various destinations.
- Created mappings and workflows as per the business requirement.
- Fine-tuned queries to make the reports run faster, worked on query run time analytics.
- Involved in complete SSIS life cycle in creating SSIS packages, building, deploying and executing the packages in both the environments (Development and Production).
- Created and maintained data flow diagrams for existing and future ETL processes.
- Designed, deployed, and maintained complex canned reports using SQL Server 2014 Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Customized reports by adding Filters, Calculations, Prompts, Summaries and Functions. Created reports to retrieve data using Stored Procedures that accept parameters.
Environment: SQL Server 2014, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Microsoft Visual Studio 2017, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server reporting services (SSRS), MS Excel
- Involved in Creating Database Objects like Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers, and user defined functions for this project.
- Working experience with SQL server database Replication.
- Gathered Requirements from the end user and involved in developing logical model and implementing requirements in SQL Server.
- Creation of workflows with Data flow, Execute SQL task, and Execute package tasks and Containers.
- Creation of Package configuration to handle data source connection information.
- Responsible for creating reports based on the requirements using Reporting Services.
- Identified the database tables for defining the queries for the reports.
- Identified and defined the Datasets for report generation.
- Wrote queries for drill down reports to get the dataset required to build the report.
- Designed logical and physical database for reporting tool, generating various monthly financial & end user reports and send them to the traders and end users. Also generated reports in different formats such as csv, pdf & txt etc.
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports.
- Actively involved in generating Matrix, Sub reports and complex reports with multi value parameters for the analysis of Performance.
Environment: SQL Server 2014, Visual studio 2013, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Data Mart
Power BI Developer
- Worked with Stored Procedures, tables, and views and other SQL joins and statements for applications by using T-SQL.
- Created various kinds of reports using Power BI and Tableau based on the client's needs.
- Experienced on creating multiple kind of Report in Power BI and present it using Story Points.
- Expertise in creating Dashboards Scorecards, views, pivot tables, charts, for further data analysis.
- Migrate existing data into the Power BI.
- Worked with the application developers and provide necessary SQL Scripts using T-SQL.
- Created joins and sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Responsible for creating SQL datasets for Power BI and Ad-hoc Reports.
- Working directly with stakeholders for requirements gathering and developing various decision-making Dashboards.
- Hands on experienced developing dashboards and reporting visualization.
- Expert on creating complex CTE, Sub Queries, Joins, cumulative queries for multiple kind of reports.
- Investigates problems through to resolution or root cause/raises by pulling Data from multiple Sources and Develop Report.
- Proven experience developing and managing data integration solutions using Microsoft BI technologies.
- Designing, constructing, and testing of ETL processes. Created SSIS packages to extract data from the transactional and/or operational databases, transforming the data according to analytical / reporting business needs, and loading the data into a Data Warehouse or Data mart.
- Responsible for creating datasets using different kind of query language.
- Expert on creating Score Cards, Metrics, Power View/MAP and Pivot Tables using Office 365.
- Developed Power Pivot Reports in Excel 2013 by publishing them to SharePoint 2013 for providing ad-hoc reports according to client need.
- Created, Maintained & scheduled various reports in SSRS like Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports & Parameterized Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS.
- Experienced with connecting multiple data sources in Tableau to implement working reports.
- Created SSIS packages to transfer data, from flat files into SQL server using different SSIS components and used dynamic configuration files and variables for production deployment
Environment: Windows 2000 Advanced Server/Server 2003, SQL Server 2000-2005, Oracle, MS Access, Enterprise Manager, Management Studio, SQL Profiler, SQL Query Analyzer, ETL, MS SQL Server DTS, Upgrade Advisor, DTS Designer Tools
- Requirement gathering and analyzing data sources. Assisted in design and implementation of Database.
- Worked and maintained SQL Stored Procedures, functions, and triggers for updating customer usage information in the database
- Merge tables and created views to support reporting requests using SQL Server
- Troubleshoot data and functionality issues related to reports, and SSIS packages
- Used several transformations in Data Flow including Derived-Column, Script, Lookup, Data Conversion, and Conditional-Split to categorize data for other departments
- Created complex SSIS packages using proper control and data flow elements with error handling
- Designed Data flows, Workflows, and jobs to load data from source to target
- Performed Documentation for all kinds of reports and SSIS packages
- Involved in the analysis and profiling of source data, creating prototypes and sample reports to help with requirements and design (SSRS)
- Design daily table reports, matrix reports, sub-reports based on business needs using SSRS
- Created Reports using SSRS. Identified the data source and defined them to build the data source views
- Created reports in SSRS with properties like chart controls, filters, Interactive Sorting, SQL parameters etc.
- Designed and created report templates, bar graphs, and pie charts based on financial data for analyzing performance counters using SSRS
- Created reports using features like drill down, drill through, parameterized reports. Developed yearly, quarterly, monthly sales reports and scheduled the reports to run on daily and weekly basis in report manager and also email them to project manager to review in Excel sheet
Environment: Windows 2000 Advanced Server/Server 2003, SQL Server 2000-2005, MS Access, Enterprise Manager, Management Studio, SQL Server, T-SQL, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS Packages, ETL, ODBC, Excel, Data Integrator, OLAP, OLTP