Senior hands-on Database Architect/DBA/Developer with 12+ years experience optimizing and developing for MS SQL Server (2000, 2005, 2008). He is a practitioner of the K.I.S.S principle, who strives on developing elegant solutions for complex problems; Yoram is a master at T-SQL coding and the nuances of working with many aspects of the product. Typical projects involve SSRS & Crystal Reports, T-SQL optimization requiring optimizer insight, DTS to SSIS conversion, normalized & dimensional modeling, and ERP DB integration.
Databases: MS SQL Server (Versions 7.0, 2000, 2005, 2008 R2, 2012, Azure) T-SQL, DTS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Clustered Server, Link Server, Replication, Mirroring, MSXML (Xquery, Xpath), SQLMail, MSMQ, MDX, OLEDB) Oracle (Versions 8i, 9i, 10g, PL/SQL, OCI, PRO*C), Sybase (Versions 12.0, 12.5, 15, T-SQL, Replication, IQ), Informix (On-Line, SE, 4GL, Ace, ESQL/C, Redbrick), Teradata, MySQL, PostgreSQL , Ingres, MS Access, MS FoxPro
Data Modeling: Erwin (V 4.0, 7.2), MS Visio, Power Designer, Oracle Designer, S-Designor
Development & Reporting: Crystal (V8, 9, X, XI, 2008, 2011), SSRS (2005,2008), XML, ReportSmith, HTML, VBScript, VBA, MS Access, C, Shell Scripting (CSH, Korn, Perl, MKS)
Applications: Epicor, SAP, Peoplesoft, Prophix, Xytech, VMware, Citrix, MS Project, Sterling
Operating Systems: Windows (2008, XP, 2003, 2000, NT) UNIX (Solaris, Linux, AIX, HP-UX, AUX)
Tools: PerfMon, Legato, Quest BenchFactory, SQL StressTest, SQL BackTrack, RedGate, TFS
Principle Database Consultant
Confidential,Santa Monica, CA 1998 – Current
Established a consulting practice concentrating on high-end MS SQL Server contract work in the area of database architecture, data modeling and back-end development. Clients include: Tektronics, Unisys, Amdocs, US Interactive, Korn/Ferry, Narus, Great Western Financial, Magic, Koo Koo Roo, Family restaurants, Digital Island, Epoch Internet, Netmind, ProAmics, Heartland, LA Times, Peoplemover, Legato, Agile, Hollywood Media, Warner Brothers, Videogreetings.com, MusicMarc.com, Stan Lee Media, Onvantage.com, supersig.com, ADP, Wilshire & Assoc., food.com, Gateway, Lindora, Escient (Open Globe), WorldXChange, Results Accountants, Knowledgefirst.com, Investmenttoolkit.com, ABB Systems, Silicon Energy, Vividence, Marimba, RealNames, New.net, Wiredcapital, Virtio, WebMethods, Virtual, OIC Web Design, New Century Mortgage, The Doctors company, Sony Pictures Entertaintment, MedeFinance, MedVersant, Federal Home Loan Bank, G4 Media, SitOnIt , SMC Corp, LA casting Network , Tiltware, Political Systems, Outlook Amusement, SkillJam Technologies, Mitrix, Infoture, Media services, TV Guide, IBM Consulting, SMS.ac, SupplyPro, US Autoparts, Cricket Communications, Telerent, Katolight, Wastequip, GE, APX, Energy Innovations, SpaceLabs, PhRma, and OrthoSynetics.
Summation of selected projects:
Senior Database Consultant - Confidential, year) 2011-2012
- Designed and implemented a Data Warehouse and Reporting database for the US pharmaceutical trade group. The data warehouse was built to house data extracted out of Epicor and feed Prophix cubes budgeting and financial reporting needs. Work involves complete automation of the ETL processes; including the extraction of all relevant data from Epicor in a snapshot; data cleansing and validation; data transformation to support Phropix cubes and other reports; and loading of data. Constructed multiple cubes to support multiple views of the data and various analytical reports. (MS SQL Server, Epicor, Prophix, Crystal, SSIS)
Project Manager & DB Consultant - Confidential, 2 years 3 Months) 2008-2011
- ERP upgrade of Epicor 7.4 GL, AR, AP & Purchasing for a leading Orthodontic service provider. Work included comprehensive analysis of the state of the Epicor implementation; Reverse engineering of extensive undocumented customization and recreating functionality in the latest version. Recreated database integration points to number of in house systems as well as to the different banks.
- Customized AP to fit requirements for multiple bank accounts with diverse MICR formats in a single check run. The volume of daily payments necessitated a full automation of bank.
- Project extended to implementation of Procurement. Work involved extensive integration with internal systems and vendors’ EDI. The implementation required extensive customization to fit the company’s consolidated buying business model. (SQL, Sterling EDI, MSXML, Epicor, Crystal)
Data conversion Architect - Confidential, years 8 months) 2005-2008
- Data Conversion Architecture, Application Implementation, Data Modeling, reporting Architecture, Lead DBA and Business Analysis on a large implementation of the studio’s asset management system.
- Brought project from inception to successful completion. The new system manages all studios’ assets and incorporated diverse technologies and data from all studios’ major systems.
- Projects included asset configuration, ordering, multi-warehouse management (bar-coding, scanning, picking, packing, shipping), asset tracking, pricing, asset categorization, interfaces to financial and royalty systems.
- Created data mapping, cleanup, conversion rules and interface design for smooth data transition.
- Created reporting structures for Business Objects and Replication schema for Reporting server.
- Project extended to integration of data from newly merged organization and external post-production labs. The required complex analysis and data mapping tested the original design, which was proven as modular and flexible. (Xytech, Excel, Oracle, FoxPro, FileMakerPro, SQL Server, Crystal, BO universe)
Sr. DBA & ETL Architect - Confidential, month) 2002-2004
- ETL consulting from MS SQL Data Warehouse to MortgageServ 80-char format for a mortgage bank. Work involved analysis and data modeling of target record styles, developed SPs to convert data from source to target. Created a generic toolkit for conversion of relational data to mainframe format. (MS SQL Server)
Database Conversion Engineer - Confidential,(6 months) 2001-2002
- Database conversion from Oracle to MS SQL and Sybase for a Change-Management software company. Designed a seamless conversion with minimal impact on client code. Converted database schema and stored procedures to exact SQL Server equivalent code, and with minor changes to Sybase. (MS SQL, Oracle, Sybase)
Sr. Database Consultant - Confidential,4 months) 2001
- Data modeling, database programming and performance optimization of a portfolio risk analysis tool for an Investment house. T-SQL development of investment risk analysis indices algorithms and complex portfolio management utilities. Created ETL programs to capture/clean/transform financial data. (MS SQL Server)
Database Architect - Confidential,6 months) 2001
- Database architecture and programming for a leading provider of Customer Experience Management. Provided impact analysis and converted to SQL Active/Passive Cluster. Evaluated ASP upload and MSMQ performance. Created transaction-less framework and converted all SPs to use framework. (MS SQL Server,)
Sr. Database Engineer - Confidential,6 Months) 2000-2001
- Data modeling and stored procedures development for a leading Energy Management Software company. Designed a new strategy for data caching for optimized access. Redeveloped most stored procedures for a major release. Mentored programmers in optimized stored procedures development. (Oracle, PL/SQL)
Lead DBA - LA Times Confidential, months) 2000
- MS SQL Server and Windows OS server upgrades of all major Newspaper systems. Established testing, backup and impact analysis process for 30 SQL servers’ seamless upgrades. Identified T-SQL code that may break as a result of upgrade and fix issues. Performed off-hours server backups and upgrades. (MS SQL Server)
Chief Technical (Consultant) - Hollywood Media Confidential, months) 1999-2000
- Database architecture and CTO for a leading provider of entertainment news, info. and ticketing. Led the restructuring of the IT department. Led a major website redesign. Established hardware and software architecture; including load balancing, content distribution, Ads serving, traffic tracking, and video production/encoding/streaming. Created an enterprise wide database that captured data across from all sites and enabled easy publication of dynamic data. The database enabled company expansion through the creation of new sites for delivering movie/celebrity/TV/music information. (MS SQL Server, Oracle)
Vice President of Engineering (Consultant) - Narus Confidential,1 year) 1998-1999
- Management and technical consulting for a start-up, who is now the world leader in tier-1 convergent OSS Mediation. Work included recruiting engineers, contributing to business plan, helping secure first round VC financing, establish technology direction & architecture. The application sniffed Internet traffic and reconstructed HTML/UDP/FTP/DHTML traffic information from IP packets. The application sniffed Internet traffic and reconstructed HTML, UDP, FTP, DHTML from IP packets. The application architecture established which allowed for infinite scalability proved invaluable.
Senior Database Architect / Director of Strategic Development
Confidential,Santa Monica, CA 1997-1998
- Hands-on management of a fast growing development division, tripling in size. Led the development of a decision support suite of applications for bank profitability mgmt. Established development plans, led development tools selection, and established software releases. (MS Visual C++, OLE, ActiveX and Oracle 8)
- Incorporated SCRUM & Agile development methodologies; including detail design documents, design sessions, Booch notation OO design, ER diagrams, and code reviews. Managed the full development life cycle of multiple product suite releases with perfect on-time delivery record.
- Successfully managed a large team of talented developers in the redesign of TSER UI. The new UI was highly praised for its improved usability and inter-operability to 3rd party tools.
- Established an efficient and thorough screening process that identified candidates of the highest caliber with minimal impact on staff. TSC became a highly thought-after workplace for developers
Chief Architect / Lead DBA
Confidential,Irvine, CA 1996-1997
- Research of technical trends and their applicability to Epicor. Provided expert Sybase and MS SQL Server mentoring to development and a technical “sounding board” to executive management.
- Responsible for creation of software development standards and guidelines for all development units.
Client Server Technical Services Manager 1994-1996
- Technical guru for 120 system engineers and consultants on hundreds of engagements.
- Created sizing tools that produced accurate system requirements based on simple financial questions.
- Managed Rapid development of new features, used to demo features prior to official release. (C, SQL)
Project Leader 1993-1994
- Designed and developed financial software for windows using a custom developed GUI to communicate to MS SQL Server that was the first in its market. Developed major parts of Epicor Enterprise system manager, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and General Ledger modules. (Epicor Workbench, SQL Server)
Master of Science - Computer Science
Bachelor of Science - Computer Science and Psychology