- Data analytics professional with 5+ years of experience in delivering end to end data science projects.
- Performed Data Extraction, Validation and Mapping using Python/SQL.
- Used MS Excel, Power BI and Tableau for Data visualization.
- Experienced Data Engineer and Data Scientist with excellent Statistical Analysis and Data Mining skills.
- Hands - on-experience on Python, SQL and UNIX/Linux to perform statistical analysis.
- Working experience in RDBMS like MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server and NoSQL database like CosmosDB.
- Experience in developing python scripts for automation and performing functional tests and data validation.
- Excellent debugging, mathematical, problem solving and optimization skills.
- Used indexes to enhance the performance of individual queries and enhance the stored procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with interpersonal and conflict resolution skills and possess strong analytical skills.
Frameworks/Platforms: ASP.NET, ADO.NET, Confidential Azure
Web Technologies: XML, HTML, XHTML, CSS
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix
Database Known: MS SQL Server 2008/2012, Teradata, Cosmos, Kustos, Jarvis
Source Control: GIT
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTPS
Tools: Visual Studio 2015, Selenium, Tableau, Power BI, Excel
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
- Interacted with the other departments to understand and identify data needs and requirements and worked with other members of the organization to deliver and address those needs.
- Converted data into actionable insights by predicting and modeling future outcomes.
- Developed SQL queries and Python scripts for Product Retention and predictive modeling.
- Generated productivity reports by querying large datasets using SQL and Python for retrieving specific data.
- Worked on Confidential Azure Cosmos DB, a cloud computing platform for storing and analyzing massive datasets which is developed by Confidential .
- Worked with Client/Business Analysts to define data requirements for reporting needs.
- Involved in tracking milestone target dates and other metrics and following up with leads to make sure proactive or corrective action is taken.
- Written complex SQL statements using joins subqueries and correlated sub queries.
- Design/Build Extract Transform Load procedures in SQL Server Integration Services using packages to import/export data feeds to/from data warehouse.
- Involved in re-design, re-code, and deploy new data extractions using SQL Server Integration.
- Services, and designed and produced documentation of data transformations for all extractions. Created data dictionaries.
- Working with Azure, SQL Server, PowerBI and Visual Studio as a part of the team.
- Created Tableau report for dynamic fraud protection data stored on the Teradata database, it is built to show insight on fraud tenants for MS products.
- Created Confidential Standard Measures dashboard in Power BI which is built to provide users with easy access to the information to see how the business is doing.
- Responsible for enhancing, developing and supporting new features for Teradata database.
- Monitoring and tuning performance (monitoring CPU usage and disk I/O activity via Viewpoint, Creating and maintaining indexes & partitioning, statistics collection, Teradata active workload management optimization).
- Performed the DBA related tasks in key areas of Database and OS Administration, Backup, Archive & Restore Management, Performance Management & Reporting for customers
- Worked directly with customers, on-site rep, and Teradata global support engineers to understand the problems, determine the cause of failure.
- Used Teradata admin tools, and resources to resolve issues.
- Provided support for Teradata warehouse by pulling logs, evaluating, debugging and optimizing queries.
- Provided support for Teradata Aster, and other cloud storage and processing solutions provided by Teradata.
- Created knowledge articles to help developers get to solutions on their own after resolving the issues.
- Stayed engaged beyond the 8-hour shift to make sure the issues are resolved, and Teradata Systems are up and running.