- Innovative IT professional with more than 15 years of experience as a systems and data analyst possessing strong analytical, problem solving, reasoning and technical skills.
- Have used SDLC methodologies within both large and small teams. Have excellent verbal and communication skills and have worked with both internal and external clients.
- Understand development time estimation and strong adherence to project schedules.
- Have created system documentation, project plans, time estimates, technical design documents, test plans and cases, coordinated integration testing, migrated production code, and performed systems support and problem resolution.
- Have extensive experience in architecting and developing internal automation database applications using ASP.NET (VB and C#), VBA, MS Access, MS Excel, SQL Server, and Oracle.
- Architected and developed batch applications including ETL processes in VBA, VB.Net, and SSIS. Have performed data modeling and database object creation including tables, indexes, views, stored procedures, and triggers.
- Have built ad - hoc and reporting applications integrating data from multiple internal corporate databases. Have built stand-alone MS Excel business intelligence applications that use Power View and Power Pivot and directly connect to MS Access, Oracle, and SQL Server.
Languages: ASP.NET, VB.NET, Visual Basic, SQL, HTML, C#, C, MS ACCESS VBA, MS VSTO, ORACLE PL/SQL, MS SSIS, UNIX Shell, MS ASP Classic, JCL, COBOL, ASSEMBLER, XML
Software: MVS, UNIX, MS Windows, MS Windows Server, MS Office development platform, Visual Studio 2005 - 2013, Telerik Controls, Visual Studio 2005 - 2013, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Word, SOAP, Crystal Reports, MS Report Viewer, Excel Power View and Power Pivot, Pivot tables
Databases: SQL Server 2000-2012, SQL Server Azure, Oracle 8i - 11G, MS Access 2000 - 2016
- Design, coded, tested, implemented, and supported batch and front-end decision support and automation applications.
- Performed data modeling and SQL Server DBA work including login maintenance, table, index, and view creation.
- The front-end decision support applications included Sales Analysis, Dispatch, and Call Center metrics reporting developed in MS Access, Excel, and VBA code with SQL Server as the database.
- The batch ETL applications included data extracts needed for the decision support systems from SQL Server, Pervasive, and DB2 databases.
- The extract processes also included reading XML extracts from vendor API software including DispatchTrack. Using Excel 2016 and Power View and Power Pivot, created business intelligence applications that used data modeling, Pivot tables and charts, and dashboards that directly read from SQL Server databases.
- Built automation applications that generated and loaded general ledger entries into Pervasive databases from Excel spreadsheets.
- Other automation applications included generation of Excel spreadsheets containing monthly, quarterly, and year to date budget, actuals, and last year key metrics for each Retail store.
Systems Analyst - Consultant
- Based upon business requirements from clients or from formal project requirements documents performed systems analysis and design including data modeling. Produced business design, technical design, test plan test case, run procedure, and user manual documents.
- Created batch extract, transform, and load processes using VB.Net, SSIS, and VBA scripting extracting data from Netezza, Oracle, and SQL Server. Performed scraping of data from text report files. Created VB.Net console applications to run the ETL processing. Created batch processes to ftp files to other systems.
- Created multiple MS Office solutions integrating MS Access, Excel, and PowerPoint using VBA coding and backend databases in SQL Server, Netezza, MS Access, and Oracle.
- Created complex dashboards/scorecards for last 13 months for key debit card performance metrics in multi-tabbed Excel spreadsheets populated using VBA code. Created the automated system to produce these spreadsheets for hundreds of clients each month.
- Created delivery systems in VB.Net to send reports to clients via email.
- Created web-based reporting systems using ASP.Net, VB.Net, and the Microsoft report viewer.
- Created client server applications using MS Access and ASP.Net as the front-end with Oracle and SQL Server as the databases. Developed MS Access/SQL server applications that ran in a Citrix environment.
- Created custom solutions to automate ad-hoc data extraction and delivery of CSV data files on a daily or monthly that can be modified with no coding required.
- Performed SQL Server and Oracle DBA tasks creating tables, indexes, triggers, stored procedures, and functions.
- Performed problem resolution and support for all internal systems.
- Created C# coding samples for SOAP XML web services.
- Created decision support systems in MS Access, SQL Server, and Oracle that extracted and integrated data from corporate databases for data mining and ad-hoc querying and reporting.
- Created standalone Excel applications that parameter queried data directly from SQL Server and Oracle and used pivot tables.