IT professional, with an extensive and broad information technology background in software development, performance and functional testing. An excellent record of defining and developing innovative system solutions in support of organizational and business goals has been developed. Projects have required extensive user interface, strong analytical and technical skills, writing technical requirements, coding, testing, implementation, and production support. Able to work within development life cycles and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Languages/Software: COBOL, COBOL II, IMS/DB/DC, DL/1, MFS, CICS/TS 3.2, BMS, DB2SQL,SPUFI, CAFC, IMS UTILTIIES, DB2 & PLATINUM UTILITIES, REXX, FOCUS, TSO, ISPF, DEC/VMS, IMS & MVS UTILITIES, DOS/VSE2, MVS/XA/ESA JCL, VSAM, IDCAMS, HP MPE IV, MS/PC, VM/CMS, FILE - AID, INTERTEST, STROBE, Abend-Aid, SYNCSORT, CONTROL-M, ENDEVOR, XEDIT, LIBRARIAN, WILBUR, PANVALET, INTERACT, ENDEVOR, EASYTRIEVE, COMPUWARE PLAYBACK & HIPERSTATION SOFTWARE, DYL260/280, C/C++, UNIX, MS ACCESS, EXCEL, MS WORD, MS POWERPOINT, MS PROJECT, HP Quality Center, HP LoadRunner , Controlm,CA7, HP Quality Center, MQ Series, DB2 Stored Procedures
Hardware/Operating Systems: IBM Mainframe, MVS, zOS 1.11, VM/CMS, DOS/VSE
Database Management Systems: DB2, IMS/DB/DC, FOCUS
Confidential, Boston, MA
Sr. Software Engineer/Developer
- Software Engineer/Developer, responsible for analysis, designing, developing, coordinatingExecuting and presenting test strategies plans, for Confidential ’s Brokerage’s Mainframe CICS, DB2 and batch systems and distributed platforms systems.
- Directed software developers in the design, creation, setup and execution of data driven Hiperstation,. and Loadrunner, test suites.
- Executed and monitored, monthly E2E (End to End) tests suite for distributed and CICS on-line programs
- Responsible for identifying and reporting software defects, using QC10.
- Collected, presented test statistics and made recommendations to management for applications system performance and functional improvement
- Coordinated, DB2 data structured, data loads and backups, for monthly QA test cycle
- Setup and executed data mining and load jobs for execution of test scripts. This involved, creating JCL jobs/process that would load and propagate Test environment, prior to a monitored test. Cobol, JCL, DB2/SQL was used for the above process
- Coordinated and facilitated, Data Right Management process for masking test data in QA
- Testing environment for Vsam and DB2 data
- Designed and developed batch process to data mine and create test data seeding from Production into Test environment, for performance testing Confidential ’s batch systems, in order to predict breaking point of system. This involved, developing 10+ Cobol programs, JCL jobs utilizing VSAM file structures and DB2 Utilities.
- Designed and developed a batch process to refresh DB2 database (100+ tables), Security Master Information from Production into Test environment to be used for testing of Confidential ’s Brokerage’s Mainframe CICS on-lines systems monthly install. This involved, developing and coding JCL to manipulate and create DB2 utility statements, so that data migrations process would been seamless.
- Design and developer numerous data propagations processes, to import VSAM and Terasam file structures and and DB2 tables, from Production to Test environments, for the purpose of enhancing, Test environment data. This
- Involved, developing DB2 staging databases and VSAM cluster definitions.
- Design, developed a test strategy, to test the migration of client’s Security Master Database from IDMS to DB2. The required the use of Compuware scripting tool to capture, modify and run CICS applications This was a highly visible project, which involved significant amount of collaboration with management, developers and DBA’S, in order to assure, that software met performance Service level Agreement (SLA), from a functional and performance criteria.
- Designed, developed and implemented numerous automated pre and post Performance test processes, increasing the accuracy and efficiency of executing CICS on-line and batch performance tests. This involved designing developing COBOL & Rex programs, utilizing Vsam file access method and DB2/SQL databases and CICSScheduling Controlm applications and writing JCL utility jobs
Confidential, Burlington, MA
Senior System Consultant
- Senior System Consultant assigned at Client Sites to provide a technical role in the design, development, and testing and implementation of Mainframe applications.
- Consulting engagements have required developing business, and functional specifications, developing and implementing proposed application software, and prepare the QA test strategy and test plans to ensure that work meets or exceeds client requirements
- Software Test engineer, in the Quality Assurance Group responsible for performing and coordinating the broad range of tasks in preparation for Confidential ’s Retail Brokerage on-line monthly regression testing. Team member in the Quality Assurance Group responsible for performing and/or coordinating the broad range of tasks in preparation for Confidential ’s Retail Brokerage on-line monthly regression testing.
- This involved validating test results, setup, and execution of various online, batch and web interface processes, test execution, maintaining integrity of test data and preparation for both batch, online, and web interface executables.
- Work with software developers to design, setup, coordinate and run developer’s test scenarios and debug software issues, for monthly on-line releases.
- Team implementation of Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Developed IMS conversion program to convert Purchase Order system to SAP.
Confidential, Waltham, MA
Senior System Consultant
- Leadership/Team role for supporting a 24 hours x 7 days, on-call on-line and batch remittance-processing system.
- This role included responsibilities for the modifications, enhancements, improvements and complete system documentation with error restart and recovery procedures.
- System analysis and assessment of the Remittance system and presented recommendations for improvements
- Design, developed a trading extract activity file for Spartan business group.
- This involved the design, developing, implementing a Cobol II batch program to extract trading activity information, download to Novell server and developing a Microsoft Access Database with a load Macro to import data into the Access database
- Tested changes for a major system enhancement to eliminate the VSAM record(s) limitations
- Technical interviews for client