- Results - focused IT Technology Data Specialist with more than 17 years of experience and a proven track record in delivering data solutions critical to accelerating business performance.
- Highly successful in creating and collaborating on the creation of data architecture structures and reference data repository structures.
- Experience encompasses working across a broad range of industries including government agencies and includes providing application support and data migrations on a range of platforms and environments.
- Possess solid technical skills regarding tools and technologies pertinent to enterprise data management including conceptual and logical data modeling, physical database design, data integration ETL and data profiling to provide the proper context regarding enterprise data assets to address business and technical requirements.
- Demonstrated strengths in fostering close collaborative partnerships with Business Architects and System Analysts to fully understand the business requirements and translate them into conceptual, logical and physical models.
- Leverages information gathering techniques to gather complex business data requirements from Business teams.
- Efficient in coordinating data models, data dictionaries, and other database documentation across multiple applications.
- Leads design reviews of data deliverables encompassing models, data flows, and data quality assessments.
- Experience in implementing enterprise applications across the application, data, and infrastructure domains.
- Expert in data modeling and enterprise data modeling (ERDs, mapping, metadata, dimensional) using modeling tools.
- Partners with Enterprise Architecture team to deliver data design and participates in architecture design reviews.
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to multitask across several large initiatives or projects.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills with expertise working in a fast-paced environment across multiple teams and business units. Communicates complex technical concepts effectively and concisely with all levels.
- Skilled in maintaining Enterprise Data Dictionary.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Logical Data Modeling & Architecture
- Dimensional Modeling
- Data Analysis
- Requirements Gathering
- Requirements Analysis
- Data Dictionary Creation
- Agile/Scrum Methodology
- Data & Migration Mapping
- Reference Data Repository Creation
- Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Data Governance
- Logical to Physical Generation
- ER Studio
- Teradata FSLDM
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
Senior Data Modeler
- Perform effective data modeling and enterprise logical model data dictionary management.
- Apply a range of methodologies and best practices to ensure data standards are followed and conduct evaluation of new models to verify compliance with standards.
- Support enterprise strategies for sharing metadata across applications.
- Create DDL for multiple client database environments write documentation for databases and generate PDM with functional Domain areas.
- Collaborated with Requirements team to refine requirements and create a Logical Data Model within a tight schedule for a new application in development capturing information from many forms.
- Created a repository to capture reference data that provides a single source location for the systems reference data and a gate way for other applications to access.
- Effectively reverse engineered database into ER/Studio and designed physical data models, and data dictionaries, along with creating physical domains, producing artifacts that enabled data architecture teams to accurately track data across applications within the client business.
- Efficiently managed updates to Enterprise logical model and updates to enterprise data dictionary.
- Created logical data model for a new application, the very first based on a logical data model, and utilized as the artifact of record for the development of physical data model and visual representation of data improving business a development understanding and enabling team to focus on functionality.
- Implemented structures and managed the tracking of data mapping for data to be migrated to a vendor hosting application.
- Collaborated with DBA and BI-Appliance team to ensure migrated data was correctly mapped to data warehouse domains.
- Created a Data Matrix Model and Proof-of-Concept database to track data across the Enterprise.
- Consulted on and conducted data modeling to support a range of government programs using Erwin data modeler.
- Created and managed logical models and ensured alignment with Data Governance standards including metadata mapping strategies.
- Documented metadata strategies pertaining to enterprise data for interface and enterprise reporting.
Senior Data Modeler
- Successfully created and managed logical models utilizing Erwin data modeler, supporting the development of physical models on Teradata platform.
- Played a key role in the creation of matrix documents to map data requirements to business rules and business requirements to data models.
Senior Data Modeler
- Defined and developed logical data model (LDM) and worked alongside DBA on the development of the physical data model (PDM), using the Agile Scrum process.
- Effectively led data modeling efforts to support Web Analytics projects in the Digital space. Worked on the Enterprise Modeling team to integrate models from different lines of business into the Enterprise Logical Data Model.
- Led effort to map Teradata FSLDM data model to determine viability with existing Enterprise Banking model.
- Coordinate data models, dictionaries, and other database documentation across multiple applications.
- Worked with Data Stewards to provide reports on metadata changes to data within the enterprise
- Supported the Enterprise Modeling team to integrate models from different lines of business into the Enterprise Logical Data Model and define Master Data Components.