- 20 + years of experience in managing the design, development, migration, and implementation of IT systems for HR, Utility, and Insurance industries.
- Experienced in Database Design, Administration, and Migrations.
- Experienced in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Integration, and Rapid Application Development (RAD) methodologies.
DBMS: SQL Server 2012/2008/2000/7 x/6x, Oracle 7x/8x/8i/9i, Sybase 10x/11x/12, MS Access.
Case Tools: Erwin, Rational Rose, ER - Studio, PowerDesigner.
Database Tools: Platinum DBA Advantage, SQL Station, Embarcadero DBArtisan, Data Junction, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Informatica, Oracle Data Mart, Veritas.
OSs: Tru 64 UNIX, AIX, LINUX, HP/UX, DOS, and NT.
Hardware: Intel, HP, Alpha, RISC, IBM, SUN, Hardware RAID, SAN, Hardware Clustering.
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Transact SQL, C, C++, FORTRAN, Basic, and Shells.
GUI: C# 2010/2012, Visual Basic 6x/5x/4x/3x, Visual Studio 2008/2012 (C#)
- Managing team on development efforts, system integration, and production support of FACES system. Worked in the migration of the system into a multi - tier system to support retirement office and retirement counselors. Also, coordinated software enhancements (new legislation changes and other software issues) and technical enhancements (hardware, network, and security) of the system.
- Analyzing legislations changes with business teams.
- Translating business requirements to technical requirements. Coordinating interfaces with external systems.
- Presenting the project plans and road maps to both Business and CIO office.
- Developing and implementing Logical and physical data models.
- Leading development efforts and coordinating testing of external system interfaces.
- Assisting development teams in query performance and query optimization issues.
- Creating and automating management reports - usage, errors, and case information.
- Meeting the system uptime service level agreement.
- Participating annual Disaster Recovery (DR) exercises for FACES and Service Credit Systems. Adjusting DR plans for the software and hardware changes.
- Participating in system audit efforts, working with team to resolve audit issues, and participating in annual system upgrades.
- Working on daily administration and maintenance of FACES and Service Credit systems.
- Coordinating year-end changes and participating in the testing of those changes.
- Resolving and documenting system outages.
- Performing I/O and Memory performance monitoring and tuning of database servers.
- Successfully coordinated the implementation of NDAA legislation changes. Was responsible for the gathering and analyzing requirements and providing project plan.
- Analyzed requirements for FACES Reissue module and presented development team a project plan with system changes.
- Developed a solution to integrate other system web interfaces inside FACES application context.
- Established database standards.
- Developed several inter-system data exchange interfaces (FTP+).
- Per OPM systems policy, successfully coordinated the migration of FACES system to separate Development, Test, and Production (DTP) LANs.
- Coordinated the move of external/ DMZ web server to OPM LAN and consolidated different FACES web servers to reduce underutilized servers.
- Successfully migrated FACES to SQL Server 2008 from SQL Server 2000.
- Worked with Network Management team to identify and implement security controls.
- Provided several key solutions to resolve system outage issues at several critical times.
- Worked with OPM security office in FACES system A&A/S&A and (KPMG) business audits. Involved in preparing Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&Ms) closing plan and submitting paper work.
- Was responsible for setting up secure communication channels with other legacy systems.
- Performed architecture and administration for E.piphany system OLTP using Oracle 8.1.7, Confidential Tru64, SQL Server 6.x, Oracle Transparent Gateway (OTG), and Windows NT. Implemented web based (intranet) E.piphany CRM system for Confidential Computer Corporation consumer division on Oracle 8.1.7 on Windows 2000, Alpha G40, and E40 servers.
- Migrated data from few legacy systems (Vantive and flat file systems) into the E.piphany data model. Customized E.piphany database model to Confidential service needs.
- Implemented several database maintenance scripts and K-Shell scripts for database backup, exports, database tuning, and database cloning.
- Implemented a data warehouse system for OLAP, analytical and reporting.
- Created several C modules to perform OS tasks from the Oracle procedures.
- Implemented several interfaces (OTG, FTP, and XML) between legacy systems and E.piphany system.
- Involved in setting up database process, migration, and interface documents. Worked on the performance analysis for high volume transactions.
- Responsible for the database & SQL tuning and database server maintenance. Worked with Change management team in reviewing bugs and enhancements analysis.
- Installed OS, RAID, and SAN configuration on the several application servers.
Lead Database Architect / Database Administrator
- As a Team Lead for the Database Team, was responsible for project planning, documentation, maintenance of internal servers, and setting up testing application environments. Supported around 300 internal databases on daily basis.
- Performed several Oracle 7.x/8.x/8.1.x, SQL Server 6.x/7.x/2000, Sybase 10.x/11.x/12 server installations, server configuration (OS installation, RAID, SAN, Clustering), database implementations, systems migration and setting up maintenance scripts for GMS, GISB and EnGenius customers on Windows NT/2000, HP 9000, RS 6000, SUN 250/450.
- Implemented several 24x7 application environments, troubleshot customer servers and set up different backup strategies such as Transaction Log, Exports, Hot Backups, Cold Backups and Archive Logs and Replication for several customers.
- Gathered and analyzed business requirements then translated to Logical and physical data models for web based (Internet) new Gas Pipeline system using Erwin, Rational Rose on Oracle 8.1.7, and SQL Server 2000.
- Worked in the design analysis and implementation of Gas Management System (GMS), Gas Industry Standard Board (GISB) compliance system and EnGenius on SQL Server, Oracle and Sybase database servers using Erwin. Designed and written several database stored procedures, triggers, and defaults for SQL Server, Oracle, and Sybase.
- Implemented various automated maintenance scripts such as computing statistics, backup procedures, space management, and schema maintenance scripts for customer servers and internal servers.
- Performed I/O and Memory performance monitoring and tuning of database servers for various customers.
- Created database standards and object naming standards for the physical Implementations.
- Worked on the performance analysis for high volume transactions. Assisted development team in database design analysis, query performance tuning and query optimization. Worked in application migration team on the migration process and analysis.
- Worked in Change Management Team (CMT) to perform technical impact analysis.
- Responsible for technical requirements and product version - Open Client version - SQL*NET version - ODBC - ADO - database version matrix to support various releases/versions of applications. Developed implementation/installation procedures and standards for GMS, GISB and EnGenius Products.
- Responsible for setting up database upgrade path for GMS, GISB and EnGenius applications. Implemented Oracle Multi Thread Server (MTS) option with the EnGenius product.
- Performed several database migrations from Oracle to SQL Server and Vice Versa. Designed and Developed Database Schema Migration tool to convert SQL Server and Sybase databases to Oracle Schemas and vice versa.
- Utilized SQL Server 6.0/6.5, Oracle 7.x, Access 2.0, Erwin, UNIX, Windows 3.x/95/NT.
- Designed and implemented Client Server Guidelines (CSG) system version 5.0/5.1/5.2 system on SQL Server, Oracle, and Access. The system is for the development teams to define standards for their development efforts.
- Worked in the design and implementation of RadPath 1.2 process management tool and Expertise Browser (EB) engine. The tool is to define Rapid development process for the development teams.
- Designed and developed Database Script Generation tool to generate database scripts (creation and conversion) from a single repository.
- Installed and configured SQL Server and Oracle database servers. Performed daily database maintenance tasks, monitoring, troubleshooting and query tuning for development team.
- Developed several database stored procedures, functions, and triggers. Developed porting utilities for transfer of content libraries to Oracle and SQL Server.
- Developed implementation/installation procedures and standards for CSG and RadPath Products. Developed database upgrade utilities to in corporate the new content libraries to earlier versions of client databases.
- Performed database installations, troubleshooting, and setting up backup strategies for customers.
- Utilized Visual Basic 3.0, C, VB Assist 3.0, VB Compress 3.01, SQL Server, DB2, WCL 3.2, ESA 3090, 3270 Emulator, MS Windows 3.11, SQL, PVCS 5.1.
- Designed and implemented graphical user interface to commercial auto module of Domestic Brokerage Group Processing System (DBGPS) for Mainframe (ESA 3090) Underwriter Processing System (UPS) maps on windows environment utilizing Visual Basic. 3270 emulator and WCL dynamic link library were used for capturing the ESA 3090 maps and to communicate with the ESA 3090. VB assist, VB Compress 3.01, API & SDK Functions, Dynamic link libraries (DLL), WCL dynamic link library tool and 3270 emulator tools were used extensively for application development.
- Involved extensively in integration, testing and maintenance of the application and providing technical support to users of the application.
- Designed & developed Actuarial Database management system for the comprehensive policy information of the DBGPS system. This SQL Server database was updated using VB, MDI gateway, RABBIT gateway, SERV (DLL) and MDICLI (DLL). SERV DLL was used to obtain data streams from different EXEs to VB and then the data streams were inserted into various tables in DB2 system using MDI gateway and MDICLI DLL.
- Designed and developed Discrepancy Report Information System (DRIS) in SQL Server/VB 3.0.
- Designed and developed Replication system on MSVC.
- Designed and developed a run time WIP utility for insurance policy details using Visual Basic, SQL Server.