- 6+ years of experience as a skilled ETL/Data warehousing professional specializing in Pentaho Data Integration/Kettle, Pentaho BI Server, Pentaho Reporting and Crystal Reports.
- Performed data warehouse Star Schema Modeling, Snowflake Modeling, Fact & Dimension Tables, Physical and Logical Data Modeling.
- Experience in reporting tools like Crystal Reports and Pentaho Report Developer, created reports from Data warehouse and transactional databases with reports having sub - report and crosstab.
- Experience in working with SAP BO universe, creating derived universe, customizing the universe, merging universe and creating reports off the universe.
- Experience in enterprise data including CRM, HCM, Timesheet, enterprise learning and projects, data in Healthcare and Hospitality sector.
- Worked in data migration projects with large data volume using kettle (PDI) and optimized data load for quicker execution time.
- Loaded data from varied sources like databases, text files, xml files and REST API and implemented looping and parallelism in Pentaho jobs.
- Experience working with high volume transactional databases and data warehouse.
- Analyzed data sets of crime data, healthcare data, and hospitality data by building predictive models using R.
Database: SQL Server, Oracle, Greenplum, MySQL
ETL Tools: Pentaho Data Integration (Kettle)
Data Modeling: Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Join Schema Modeling, Snow Flake Modeling, FACT and Dimensions Tables, Physical and Logical Data Modeling
BI Tools: Pentaho, SAP BO
Languages: Java, C, PL/SQL
Operating systems: Windows, Unix
Data Science: R, Python, Weka, Data Mining, Machine Learning
Confidential, Livonia, MI
- Work with technical consultants and customers to gather functional and nonfunctional requirements ( volume of data, report execution time) for reports and analytics while being responsive and following through in a professional and timely manner.
- Effective decision making, adhering to best practices, suggestion of alternatives in implementation challenges and generation of work estimate in an Agile development environment
- Create reports using SAP Crystal reports from transactional systems (Workforce Time and Attendance, Advanced Scheduler), ensuring consistency, governance and accuracy of all data, configuration and integration of reports into the Workforce system.
- Modify existing reports based on customer requests, troubleshoot anomalies in report behavior, provide innovative solutions and performance tuning of SQL queries.
- Have a solid knowledge of SQL to query the underlying data of the Workforce database schema stored in SQL Server and Oracle.
- Design, build and modify analytics environment for ad hoc reporting using SAP Business Objects BI platform enabling dynamic and simple consumption of information
- Validate developed report for specifications, adherence to standards, right data and integration with Workforce system
- Provide support and consultative guidance as required to ensure the availability and performance of developed reports and analytics environment for end users.
- Leverage a detailed understanding of the Workforce product, organize and plan for several concurrent initiatives in a multiple project environment.
- Synthesize findings, identify root-causes of issues and provides recommendations to standardize processes.
- Identify and recognize knowledge gaps or the need for additional information, obtain information by clearly describing needs/goals in a collaborative manner.
- Manage multiple assignments simultaneously while maintaining quality standards and meeting assigned deadlines
Environment: SAP Crystal Reports 2013, SAP BO, Oracle, SQL Server, Workforce Time and Attendance, Workforce Advanced Scheduler
Pentaho ETL Developer
- Worked with business analyst to understand the Source to Target Mapping Rules.
- Created transformations that involve configuring the following steps: Table input, Table output, Text file output, CSV file input, Insert/Update, Add constants, Filter, Value Mapper, Stream lookup, Join rows, Merge join, Sort rows, Database Lookup, Set Environment Variables
- Create transformations in Pentaho to extract data from legacy database, perform necessary transformations and load into VECTOR4.0 database.
- Redesign jobs created in Talend to Pentaho.
- Identified, tested, and resolved database performance issues (monitoring and tuning) to ensure database optimization to load data in the volume of 500 million rows.
- Created reusable transformations using parameterized values and environment variables
- Used Pentaho Data Integration to cleanse and correct data
- Created Pentaho Data Integration jobs that: run multiple transformations, use variables, contain sub-jobs, provide built-in error notification, load and process multiple text files, and convert files into Microsoft Excel format
- Configure logging for transformation steps and for job entries and examine the logged data
- Schedule and monitor the execution of a transformation in Pentaho Data Integration and in the Pentaho Enterprise Console
Environment: Pentaho Data Integration 5.0, Oracle 11g, Linux
Pentaho BI Developer
- Requirement gathering and analysis, translation of business goals into optimal logical and physical data models and design of ETL architecture for HCM, CRM and AVM modules.
- Conducted source data analysis using SQL and carried out data extraction using external tables in Greenplum and bulkloader in KETTLE.
- Developed jobs and transformations in KETTLE to populate the datamarts, implemented graceful error handling by log capture and mail notification.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimension Type 1 and Type2 in ETL jobs for certain Dimensions.
- Developed reusable jobs to manage partitions in tables and designed configuration file driven data reload of tables.
- Carried out POC for partitioning and clustering using Pentaho Data Integration.
- Schedule and monitor jobs in Unix environment and automation of repetitive tasks using shell scripts.
- Assist reporting team in building report queries, performance tuning of report queries and optimization of code deployment in QA and Production.
- Interact with business team and end users to define goals and requirements for reports and dashboards, mentor, train and assist junior professionals in development activities
- Performed ETL data validation including source to target validation and business logic validation
- Create low level and high level design documents, test case documents and mapping documents.
Environment: Pentaho BI Suite 5.0, Greenplum, SQL Server, Linux
Pentaho ETL Developer
- Decoded the existing system implemented in Ruby on Rails.
- Designed the ETL architecture of the system involving fetching ( fetching data from ftp, webservice, http download ), loading ( load data from the source files into tables for individual hotels) and normalizing (load data from different hotel tables to one single normalized table).
- Created jobs and transformations to fetch source data which was in the form of xml and text files from ftp servers and webservers.
- Designed ETL flow to resume job run from point of failure, record job run status of various sub jobs using control tables.
- Implemented logging to capture detailed logs individually for hotels. Archived source files and log files.
- Implemented parallelism in job execution ( data load for multiple hotels at the same time ) thereby reducing execution time.
- Trained team members on KETTLE and assisted them in development.
ENVIRONMENT: Pentaho Data Integration 4.8, MySQL, Linux
- Primary look and feel modifications of reports.
- Learn data warehousing concepts and the reporting tool, WebFocus.
- Requirement Analysis and creation of design document.
- Coding, Unit Testing and System Integration using Version Control.
- Interacted with client location coordinator to clarify requirements.
- Testing the functionalities to match with Test Case Documents and assuring the quality of the code.
- Bug fixing and documentation.
Environment: WAMP Stack, PHP, MySQL, SVN