To obtain a responsible and challenging position in the field of Cloud and SQL Server database administration where my education and work experience will have valuable application
- Over 8+ years compound experience in IT,7+ years solid SQL Server database administration and 1+ years of experience in AWS and Azure Cloud Services.
- Experience with other db technologies like MySQL, mongo db, Amazon Aurora, Redshift and Dynamo db
- Hands on Experience in installing, configuring, managing, monitoring and troubleshooting SQL Server 2008/2008R 2/ 2012/2014/2016 and Azure.
- Solid experience and outstanding knowledge of high availability SQL Server solutions, including Log shipping, Replication, Always on and SQL Server clustering
- Extensive experience with Monitor, tune and analyze DB performance and allocate server resources to achieve optimum db performance.
- Experience in writing SQL and PowerShell automation scripts
- Excellent report creation skills using Microsoft Reporting Services
- Designed and developed SSIS and SSAS Packages.
- Understanding/having experience of the elastic cloud storage of AWS
- Experience working in a large ITIL compliant environment
- Experience with public cloud platforms like AWS, RDS, SQL Azure etc.
- Had Onsite experience for countries in Japan, Uganda and Singapore.
RDBMS: SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 , Sybase, DB2
Reporting Tool: SSRS, Crystal reports XI, Business Objects SQL Server backup
And Recovery Tool: Lite Speed for Sql Server. SQL server schema
And data compare tool: Redgate software SQL compare
Servers: Windows 2012 Server & Windows 2008 Server
Data Migration: MSDTS, SSIS, BCP, Data Migration, SQL LoaderImport/Export Wizard
Tools: Erwin Data Modeler, MS Visio, SAS/Access
SharePoint Technologies: SharePoint Server 2007/2010
Environment: SQL Server 2014/2016, C#, Asp.Net, MVC, WebAPI, Angularjs, Bootstrap, CSS3, HTML5, AWS
- Solid understanding of MS SQL Server database and good experiences with SQL query/stored procedures/SQL programmability. solid experience with Windows Failover Cluster
- Experience in Deployment / Upgrade / Building MSSQL Cluster environment.
- Experience in MSSQL HA technologies, Replication/Log Shipping/Mirroring/Always on.
- Experience of automation of processes, DB related activity/ system related activities.
- Experience of AWS - Instance / load balancer / security groups.
- Experience in troubleshooting production and proposing solution to the team.
- Planned and implemented a complete cloud infrastructure based on the budgetary requirements and future objectives set forth by management.
- Assisted with the implementation of automation and provisioning tools like Chef/Jenkins for continuous integration of their applications.
- Created Confidential and configured monitoring of specified metrics to manage their cloud infrastructure efficiently.
Environment: SQL SERVER 2012/2014/2016 , Cloud-Windows Azure , SSIS, MSSolve, OMS
- Sound knowledge of Azure VM and SQL Administration skills.
- Strong technical skills to resolve technical incidents and fulfil service requests, performing configuration changes. Drive and resolve technical issues/challenges faced by the Customer teams.
- Performed technical impact assessment changes done in Azure, SQL environments.
- Knowledge of administering, configuring monitoring solutions like SCOM, OMS etc.
- Experience in working in Managed services/Operations support delivery team serving global customers in different time zone.
- Interacted with Customer stake holders, Internal Microsoft stakeholders in premier, account team of different customer accounts.
- Provided regular status updates / reporting (Daily, Weekly, monthly) to the management in Microsoft, Customer teams.
Environment: SQL SERVER 2014/2016 Standard Edition, Windows 2012 server , SSIS, SSRS
- Extensive Experience in providing Production Support for database.
- Design and implement various backup and recovery strategies. Recovery of database with no or minimal data loss.
- Solid experience in Creation and implementation of maintenance plans.
- Monitoring the job failures and troubleshooting them.
- Worked on a new feature of MS SQL Server 2016 Standard Edition to setup the Always on.
- Deploy Azure infrastructure in Dev, SIT, UAT, Production & DR environments.
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends.
- Has designed and implemented security and auditing standards for large databases. Aware of the different roles and privileges available to be granted to the users.
- Research and Recommend Patch management for database/ instance and Impact Analysis.
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams.
Environment: SQL SERVER 2005/2008R2/2012, Windows 2003/2008/2012 server , SSIS, SSRS
- Initial environment assessment and performance recommendations
- Database performance monitoring
- Customized maintenance plans
- DBA consultation for performance improvement
- Real-time database troubleshooting
- Work Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Migration, Installation, Upgrades and Patching
Environment: SQL SERVER 2005/2008R2/2012, Windows 2003/2008/2012 server , SSIS, SSRS, Confidential Hosting.
- Reads and interprets monitoring stats and tune database systems and applications for optimal performance.
- Performs database administration activities including configuration, monitoring, space management, database backup and recovery.
- Assists with establishing policies and procedures pertaining to database management, security, maintenance and utilization.
- Sets and monitors standards.
- Builds tools for customers and internal teams by creating scripts or using software to automate administration tasks and DBA processes.
- Advises customers on SQL Server best practices and SQL Server Disaster Recovery setups.
- Participates in sales implementations customer calls to provide advanced knowledge in the purchase of software, hardware or services that can be used to improve the performance of the database server.
- Collaborates with the product organization to assist in the roll out of new products.
- Participate in 24X7 production support for SQL Server infrastructure along with senior members of the Database Services Team.
- Participate in the database on-call rotation.
Environment: SQL SERVER 2005/2008R2, Windows 2003/2008 server , SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, ASP.NET, WCF, WPF, C#.
- Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the databases that support the system.
- Work to ensure that the associated hardware resources allocated to the databases and to ensure high resilience and performance tuning.
- To proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
- Responsible for providing trend analysis to management team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving of SQL development.
- Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout and upgrades.
- Responsible for implementation and release of database changes according to agreed timescales and costs.
Environment: SQL SERVER 2005/2008, Windows 2008 server , Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, C#.
- Strong experience in Data Integration and Data modeling.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues and security issues.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools. The Confidential has revolutionized the way ICT is leveraged in Peacekeeping Missions. Confidential (FSS) applications are developed in a centralized environment and as a result, they are not only developed much faster, they generally are of higher quality due the employment of processes and standards across all applications. FSS applications are web-based and they are hosted in a central location. This presents numerous advantages, one of which is that users can access their applications from any peacekeeping mission around the world.
- Transferred data (ETL) to Data ware house Environment using SSIS.
- Participate in data modeling to develop and maintain effective BI data repositories including data marts and universes
- Worked on SharePoint Administration like Backup/Restore and imported user profiles.
- Provide ongoing maintenance and support to tie out numbers between transactional system, BO Reports and Dashboard applications
- Involved in Cube Partitioning, Refresh strategy and planning and Dimensional data modeling in Analysis Services (SSAS).
Environment: SQL SERVER 2008, Windows 2008 server, Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, SharePoint Designer 2007, T-SQL, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, C#.
- Provide technical support for the database environment, including overseeing development and updating of databases, assessing and implementing new technologies.
- Involved in developing E-R diagrams, logical & physical data modelling, development and implementation of the system.
- Work with network/infrastructure team to ensure availability and capacity of servers/databases.
- Involved in Creating Workflow Process
- Create/maintain a process for assessing the performance of systems and locating problem areas.
- Provide leadership to the application team during the software development process.
- Develop processes and procedures to automate a few manual processes.
- Work with development team to migrate many databases to new systems.
- Responsible for Performance Tuning and Redesign of SSIS Packages.
- Involved in Analyzing, designing, building &, testing of OLAP cubes with SSAS 2008 and in adding calculations using MDX.
Environment: SQL SERVER 2005 and 2008, Windows 2003 server, T-SQL, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, C#.
- Production deployment activities.
- Production deployment Readiness activities.
- Replication drop and recreate.
- Day to day testing deployment activities for more than 40 databases.
- User access configuration for testing databases
- Monitor and Maintain scheduled SQL jobs which involved with weekly and daily backups and restores of testing databases.
- Setup replication for testing and development databases.
- Involved in data modelling for the application and created ER diagram using Erwin.
- Author, manage and debug stored procedures.
- Author, manage and debug views.
- Author, manage and debug user defined functions.
- Usage of system catalog view s to monitor the transactions and provide optimal solution.
- Ownership and maintenance of triggers wherever required.
- To make Root Cause Analysis of incidents and provide optimal solution.
- Author, Manage and Debug SQL Reports.
- Author, Manage and Debug SQL Integration Packages.
- SQL Mail configuration for databases.
Environment: SQL Server 2005, Windows2000, 2003 Advanced Server, T-SQL, LINUX
SQL Server DBA
- Installation & configuration of SQL Server 2005.
- Backup user databases and performs database restore and run consistency checks from SQL Server and application.
- Creating Indexes and Maintenance, checking the fragmentation percentage and running the Defragmentation procedure.
- Scheduling of maintenance Jobs (Daily, Weekly and Monthly) as per the client request.
- Implementation of SQL Logins, Roles and Authentication Modes as a part of Security Policies for various categories of User Support.
- Involved in Log shipping - making data available to all the resources using the log shipping.
- Identifying slow-execution queries by Tracing and perform troubleshoot.
- Making data available to all the resources using the Replication Techniques.
- Giving access / share permissions on the required folders to different teams.
- Installing and applying Hot Fixes / Patches and reboot of the servers in downtimes.
- Monitoring Activities (Activity Monitor) on SQL Server in different intervals.
- Environment refresh, making the servers to Production equivalent.
- Maintenance work on different databases (e.g.: Re-indexing, Statistics Update, freeing up space or adding data/log files etc…)
- Attending on call duties whenever deployment on Production.
- Create Service Request TICKETS (Ticketing - Tool) and closing the request in time according the priority.
- Coordinating with DEV, TEST and Support teams for server wide issues.
- Reporting the daily server requests and the work done to our Manager.
Environment: SQL Server 2005, SSIS, SSRS, UNIX
SQL Server DBA
- Up gradation of the Database versions and technology.
- Maintaining large databases in Enterprise environment.
- Applying the Patches on the Instances based on the analyst's requirement.
- System Administration Tasks like creating users, assigning responsibilities.
- Backup client databases and perform database restore and run consistency checks from SQL Server and application.
- Performs and monitors daily database operations and set-up backup schedules.
- Monitor the Server and fine tune to obtain optimal performance by advising and assisting testing and development teams.
- Troubleshooting any SQL related issues in client Servers.
- Monitor the status of Maintenance jobs - schedule to run daily and on weekends (tasks like rebuilding indexes, defragmenting Databases, Shrink Database and Database complete backup).
- Good understanding of SQL server architecture and database design.
- Experience in Documenting codes and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge in Database Replication.
- Working experience in a fast-paced environment with developer and support staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to easily and effectively interact with technical, non-technical, support and business staff at all levels.
Environment: SQL Server 2005, Crystal Reports XI, Trizetto’s FACETS 4.0
- Requirement Analysis
- Design, develop and debug Store procedures
- Design, Development and Generation of reports using Crystal Reports with Standard, Summary, SQL, Selection Criteria, grouping, sub reports etc.
- Complex formulas were used to show derived fields and to format the data based on specificConditions.
- Designed the Scheduled reports based on conditions and designed report with Confidential
- Exported reports into various formats like EXCEL, PDF, HTML, and WORD for the user