- Professional with over 9 years of experience in IT industry comprising of System Analysis, Database Administration, build release management, software configuration, design, development and cloud implementation.
- Extensively worked with AWS services along with wide and in depth understanding of each one of them.
- Cognitive about designing, deploying and operating highly available, scalable and fault tolerant systems using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience in implementing Organization DevOps strategy in Linux operating environment with Cloud strategies for Amazon Web Services.
- Proficient in writing CloudFormation Templates (CFT) in YAML and JSON format to build AWS services with the paradigm of Infrastructure as a Code.
- Skill in deployment, data security and troubleshooting of the applications using AWS services.
- Experience with installation of AWS CLI to control various AWS services using bash shell scripting.
- Exposed to build tools like nexus, maven and bug tracking tool JIRA in the work environment.
- Experience in version control and source code management tools like GIT and Terraform.
- Implemented automation using Configuration Management tools like Ansible and Chef.
- Knowledgeable with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools like Jenkins, Nexus and Maven to merge development with testing through pipelines.
- Experience in writing SQL queries and scheduled tasks using cron jobs.
- Proficient in AWS RDS instance creation and migrating database engines.
- Good knowledge of relational databases like MySQL, Aurora & Oracle.
- Worked on various operating systems like Linux (RHEL, CentOS/7, Ubuntu), Windows, macOS.
- Proficient in using vagrant to spin up virtual machines.
- Knowledgeable in using Nginx for webserver creation and management with AWS ec2 instance.
- Great understanding of SDLC and the Scrum Agile application development methodology.
- Possess high working qualities with good interpersonal skills, high motivation, fast learner, good team player and very proactive in problem solving to provide best Confidential .
Operating Systems: LINUX (RHEL, CentOS/7, Ubuntu), MS Windows.
Scripting Language: Bash, Python, PL/SQL, Json, Yaml.
Web Servers / Application Servers: Apache, Nginx, Tomcat.
Tools: Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Akamai, Git/GitHub, Vagrant, Datadog, Splunk, Slack, Jira, Regex, Packer, MS VS Code, Atom, MS Office suites. Amazon (VM Import/Export, SMS, DMS).
Databases: EMR, Aurora, RDS MySQL., Redshift, DynamoDB, MongoDB
Cloud: Most AWS iaas, paas and saas services.
Confidential, Hollywood, Md
AWS Cloud Engineer
- Manage Amazon Web Services resource request for the Cloud First 2022 migration initiative, including configuration and deployment of all required infrastructure and administrative tasks.
- Build CloudFormation Templates, test and deploy to create VPCs and all associated infrastructure for planned migration to the Cloud.
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) Pipeline monitoring using Jenkins.
- Collaborate on GitHub for version control in building AWS services to be implemented for the Cloud First 2022 initiative.
- Manage CloudFormation Change Sets as necessary
- Supports CFPB’s cross functional areas in AWS knowledge base support.
- Support monthly Akamai Log upload to S3 bucket for the Bureau.
- Responsible for implementing AWS native security tools GuardDuty and Config in the new multi account structure.
- Authored and is responsible for the Naming and Tagging Standard document as to be adopted in Organizational structure for Cloud2.
- Manages IAM, Roles, and Policies and ensure they are appropriately integrated with OKTA.
- Create and manages IAM users within the confines of Privilege User Access (PUA) forms requirements.
- Ensure that Organizational Units (OU) accounts guard - rails are followed from a Standard Control Policy (SCP) perspective.
- Build and manage AWS infrastructures in multi AZ for High Availability.
- Create and manage Elastic Load Balancers, Auto Scaling Groups and Policies for AWS Confidential .
- Create EBS volumes and snapshots to backup and.
- Utilize AWS CloudWatch and CloudTrail to ensure the Bureaus AWS environment is secure and functioning as expected via SNS topic alerts.
- Assist the Windows team in Active Directory Services (AD) governance and change implementations as stipulated in the Cloud Migration framework.
- Assist Networking Team in implementing and management of most AWS network related task as required.
- Assist the Bureau’s functional units in supporting and remedying any AWS related request or issues as do arise, which typically is frequent.
- Assist the Linux team on all Cloud migration related issues.
- Managed Amazon Web Services resource request for the Aero DTO AWS onboarding 2020 initiative, including configuration and deployment of all required infrastructure.
- Built the AWS Gov cloud environment utilizing Terraform modules, tested and deployed to create VPCs and all associated infrastructure for planned onboarding.
- Worked Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) Pipeline using Jenkins and AWS Code pipeline.
- Collaborated on GitHub for version control in building AWS services with other engineers in implemented Aero-Gov-Cloud onboarding 2020 initiative.
- Used Packer to build golden AMI for Windows and Linux instances both for Gov Cloud and the Commercial environments.
- Deployed Ansible playbooks to built servers and configure servers within CIS hardening benchmarks.
- Wrote CloudFormation templates for infrastructure deployments in the Commercial environment.
Confidential - Bowie, Md
AWS Cloud Engineer
- Managed Amazon Web Services for the Customer360 project including configuration and deployment of all required infrastructure and administrative tasks.
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) Pipeline using Jenkins.
- Managed Jenkins Plugins.
- Used GitHub for version control.
- Built CloudFormation Template from scratch.
- Managed CloudFormation Change Sets.
- Cloud orchestration with Terraform, Ansible and CloudFormation.
- Used CloudFormer to build CloudFormation Templates.
- Used Parker to create Images.
- Containerization using AWS Elastic Container Service (ECS).
- Used Slack for Deployments based off successful Jenkins Build.
- Build Deployment using Maven.
- Used Artifactory and Nexus for Dependency Resolutions.
- Built and managed AWS infrastructures in multi AZ for High Availability
- Created and manage Elastic Load Balancers, Auto Scaling Groups and Policies for AWS Confidential .
- Created EBS volumes and snapshots to backup.
- Used AWS CloudWatch and Splunk for monitoring.
- Initiated both temporary and permanent redirects with Nginx.
- Used Vagrant to spin up Virtual Machines.
Confidential - Chantilly, V.A
AWS Cloud Engineer
- Deployed several AWS resources using CloudFormation.
- Spurned up virtual machines, Git servers using Vagrant.
- Managed users’ permissions in Linux Environment.
- Created/managed Ansible playbooks, tasks and modules.
- Engaged in migration from On-Premise to AWS and vice versa.
- Managed Linux Directories and Files.
- Assisted System Owners to get ATT and ATO.
- Built AWS Confidential in GovCloud to ensure conformity with FEDRAMP standards.
- Used Shell and Python Scripting.
- Developed, integrated, and deployed Java code, including source code control management.
- Coordinated with Software Architect to provide deliverables.
- Analyzed Architectures to create Build Sheets for Dev/Test/ITE and Staging/Prod.
- Coordinated with Security Team to obtain ATOs.
- Created/managed web servers on AWS.
- Deployed AWS resources using Management Console and CLI.
- Managed App, Database and Web Tiers.
- Utilized Jenkins console for Pulls, installs and deploy for projects Continuous Integration.
- Analyzed cloud infrastructure and recommended improvements for performance gains and cost efficiencies.
Confidential - Glen Burnie, Md
Oracle Database Administrator
- Set up new databases and provided all database-related support for the production as well as test databases for different markets internationally.
- Performed space estimation and calculation, application installation, performance/ memory tuning, server/ database monitoring, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Provided design input and interacted with the design team on the best database practices.
- Evaluated server/ instance architecture, hardware, system specifications, and capacity planning. Managed, trained, and mentored staff.
- Formulated recommendations about optimal storage configurations for senior management.
- Identified and reduced/ eliminated non-idle wait events such as scattered file read, sequential file read wait event, log file completion, in queue, and buffer latch waits.
- Used Explain Plan and Oracle optimizer hints to enhance performance of SQL statements.
- Performed the user requirements and troubleshooting activities and resolved connectivity issues. Implemented, administrated, and maintained daily backup and archived data on tape.
- Created user accounts and system-level and user-level database objects.
- Exported and imported data using export/ import utilities; performed migration from V7.0 to V8.0.5.
- Supported a five-terabyte data warehouse; play a lead role in enterprise-wide database optimization and instance and resource monitoring.
- Performed root cause analysis on failures. Resolve performance tuning related issues, reports, and queries.
- Worked actively on new 12c features such as AWR, ADDM, and ASH, performance statistics collection, and fine-tuning database wait events.
- Provided 24/7on-call support for enterprise databases.