- Solid 7+ years in depth experience in MS SQL Server 2008 R2/2008/2005/2000 database development and administration in enterprise production environment including server installation, configuration, upgrade, maintenance, performance tuning, optimization, backup/restore, disaster recovery, migration, monitoring, security planning and trouble-shooting high availability related issue.
- Expertise in mentoring and setting up High availability environments like active-active and active-passive clustering, Database Mirroring, Replication (Snapshot, merge, transactional), Log shipping, setting up servers from scratch on clustered environment, Linked servers.
- Expertise in Installs, deployments, certificate renewals, service accounts resets, add patches, performing upgrades / migrations, process job tickets & bugs, test verify backups and recovery.
- Strong understanding of components of SQL Server Architecture, Backups, Restore Strategy involving complete database backup/restore and transaction log backup/restore.
- Experience in maintaining the security for databases (creating logins for users, roles, and assigning permissions to them).
- Proficient with SQL Management Studio, Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, Business Intelligence development studio, report builder 2.0, rescheduling jobs with SQL Server Agent, SQL Profiler, restoring database using full, differential, and log backups. OLAP, OLTP, trouble shooting.
- Responsible for design, setup, installation, and implementation of DB’s, data maintenance (re-indexing, integrity checks, statistics update, log file monitoring), performance tuning (fragmentation, compression drive distribution, load balancing, replication), technical documentation and implementation of SQL Server disaster recovery models.
- Provide software build support & ongoing assistance with build activities to ensure timely delivery of testing & production software builds in a highly software development life cycle process.
- Expertise in SQL Replication as a group of technologies allowing information distribution and mirroring between different databases.
- Involved in distributing data through SQL Replication to as many remote network connections including LAN and WAN
- Optimization of indexes and statistics in relation to reporting data model.
- Involved in optimizing code and improving efficiency in databases including re-indexing, updating statistics, recompiling stored procedures and performing other maintenance tasks.
- Expertise in Hardware SAN and RAID levels configuration and placement of database files/file groups across different drives
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity, Database consistency checks using DBCC utilities and Index Tuning Wizard.
- Expertise and Interest include Administration, Development, Database Design, Performance Analysis, and Production Support for Large (VLDB) and Complex Databases.
- Experience in Migrating SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005.
- Experience in updating Windows Server 2003 to Windows server 2008
- Extensively worked on Active-Active and Active-Passive Clustering, troubleshooting production issues and making high availability, meeting Service level agreements.
- Experience working with production and 24 x 7 on call environments.
- Good team player, strong interpersonal and communication skills combined with self-motivation, initiative and the ability to think outside the box.
MS SQL Server 2008 R2/2008/2005, MS Access
T-SQL, C, C++, JAVA (CORE), SQL Lite Speed, Red Gate.
Windows, Win NT 4.0, Win server 2003/2008/ 2008 R2, UNIX
PC Internals, S/W Installation & Internet
Remote Network Connection, VPN, Citrix, VNC, Smart Card, FOB, RAS
Confidential,raleigh, nc AUG 2012-till Date
sql server dba/system engineer
Confidential,is a financial holding company. Through the subsidiary bank, The Citizens Banking Company (the Bank or Citizens), it is primarily engaged in the business of community banking. Citizens, located in Erie, Crawford, Champaign, Franklin, Logan, Summit, Huron, Ottawa, Union and Richland Counties, Ohio, conducts a general banking business that involves collecting customer deposits, making loans, purchasing securities, and offering Trust services.
- Involved in Building out new data-center servers and configuring SQL 2005/2008.
- Upgraded all SQL Server 2005/2008 production, pre-production servers to 2008 R2 environment.
- Capacity Planning, Storage Planning, Hardware Upgrade’s and Preparing Estimates for Database, table size growth.
- Index Defragmentation by Rebuild/Reorganize of Indexes on a weekly basis across all heavy Databases.
- Running DBCC consistency checks, and fixing data corruption in user databases.
- Configuring SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Resolving Issues that come up.
- Responsible for MS SQL Server 2005/2008 configuration, tuning and provide 24 X 7 dedicated support to all Production, development and clustered servers.
- Working on Hardware Upgrades, which involve RAM, and Processor Upgrade, Setting up Clusters, logs shipping and Replication.
- Identifying the bottlenecks and troubleshooting it for optimal performance using Service Manager, DMV’s server side traces. Monitoring using Site SCOM for Server and Application Alerts.
- Created and Implemented Transactional replications.
- Implemented SQL security for application users using Active Directory.
- Integrated Database Mail with SQL Server Agent.
- Monitoring the CPU usage, IO statistics, Memory Usage to identify any OS level performance killers, enabling database level trace for performance test.
- On call 24/7 supports to databases on weekly rotation.
- Conducted code reviews with the SQL Development team to fine-tune the code and implement standards and optimization.
Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, MS Windows Server 2003/2008,Visual Studio, T-SQL, SCOM, HP service Manger and SQL Profiler.
Confidential,Columbus, GA NOV 2011 – AUG 2012
SQL SERVER DBA
Confidential,is a general business holding company and acts as a management company, overseeing the operations of its subsidiaries by providing management services. Its business is supplemental health and life insurance, through its subsidiary, American Family Life Assurance Company of Columbus, which operates in the United States and as a branch in Japan.
- Actively involved in designing the logical and physical architecture of the Databases.
- Created Database Maintenance Planner for the Performance of SQL Server, which covers database Integrity Checks, Update Database Statistics and Re-indexing.
- Planned the Complete Backing up of Database and Restored the Database from Disaster Recovery
- Created Clustered and Non Clustered Indexes on tables, views, and columns
- Configured Server for sending automatic mails to the respective people when a SQL Job is failed, log files are grown beyond the predefined limit, or free space of the hard disks fall below the threshold limit.
- Actively involved in System Performance by tuning SQL queries and stored procedures by using SQL Profiler, Database Engine Tuning Advisor and Windows performance monitor.
- Deployed the databases into the production server clustered environment
- Optimize Server Performance by Configuring Virtual Memory and Server tasking.
- Monitoring the system bottlenecks - CPU, RAM, Disk IO and Networking using performance counters, alerts.
- Involved in database backup, recovery and restoration
- Actively involved in SQL Server Replication for copying and distributing data and database objects from one database to another and then synchronizing between databases to maintain consistency.
- Actively involved in Merge Replication designed for mobile applications or distributed server applications that have possible data conflicts.
- Worked on Snapshot replication to overwrite the database at the subscriber or in updating the initial database replication
- Capacity Planning - Analyzed the Database Growth and reported future space requirements.
- Closely worked with client services and development team for analysis of client requirement and worked with development team to configure those changes into database management configuration.
- Worked on translating business and application requirements into database environment configurations according to ITIL recommendation.
- Security Management - Handling Roles, Users, Logins and granting the Rights
Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008, MS Windows Server 2003/2008,Visual Studio, T-SQL, XML and SQL Profiler.
Confidential,Richfield, OHIO NOV 2010-SEP 2011
SQL SERVER DBA
Confidential,is a manufacturer and marketer of tools, equipment, diagnostics, and repair information and systems solutions for professional users. Snap-on’s products and services include hand and power tools, tool storage, diagnostics software, information and management systems, shop equipment and other solutions for vehicle dealerships and repair centers, as well as customers in industries, including aviation, aerospace, agriculture, construction, Government and military, mining, natural resources and power generation.
- Involved in installation, configuration, and up gradation of MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 servers.
- Involved in Data modeling, designing and building Relational Databases using Tools like Erwin and SQL Database Diagrams.
- Performed huge data transfers between various servers using BCP and Environment Migrations, Backing up and Archiving Data for various business requests.
- Heavily involved in writing stored procedures with complex logic for both Reporting needs and DBA Script libraries.
- Security Administration by creating user logins with appropriate roles, dropping and locking the logins, monitoring the user accounts, creation of groups, granted privileges to users and groups.
- Running Index tuning wizard and rebuilding indexes (Clustered/Non Clustered) for faster query response.
- Worked On SQL Replication For Load Balancing.
- Actively Involved in SQL Replication in sharing the access load between several databases servers having identical databases.
- Worked with Transactional Replication where data changes frequently and need for constant refreshing of the data.
- Worked on performance tuning, Query Optimization and increasing the performance of store procedures by looking into the execution plan, Indexes, Outdated Statistics, Optimizer Hints, and Partitioned Views etc.
- Maintained Operators, Categories, Alerts, Notifications, Jobs, Job Steps and Schedules as well as Monitored Connections, locks and Performance of SQL server.
- Involved in Configuring and Monitoring SQL Server clustering and SQL Server Transactional Replication for reporting capabilities
- Good knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Heavily involved and responsible for development of Reports using SSRS and populating the Warehouse data using SSIS.
- Worked and responsible for design, implementation and enhancement of ETL jobs
- Involved in design and development of large reports with different features such as drop downs, hidden parameters, and drill through depending on the requirement.
- Created various reports like charts, sub reports, graphs and scheduled these reports using windows task scheduler to run on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Create and support reporting data mart, which includes tables, views, cubes and dimensions, as well as necessary infrastructure to support pre-built reports.
- Develop metadata models, schemas and views to support user-defined reports.
- 24/7 Production support for SQL Server databases
- Performed documentation for capacity usage factor data validations and work summary for capacity usage factor calculations.
Windows 2003 Advanced Server, MS SQL Server 2000/2005, TSQL, SQL lite Speed, Visual basic 6.0.
Confidential,Boston, MA MAR 2009-AUG 2010
SQL Server DBA
Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS), the state\'s largest office, provides a wide range of services to consumers, health care providers, and other offices of the state government. The agency administers public assistance programs -- a short list includes legal and financial assistance; physical health and treatment; behavioral/mental health; community health and safety; medical insurance; disability and aging services; and employment, training, and education.
- Installation and configuration of SQL Server 2000/2005 on windows 2003 and maintenance of Servers in Production, QA and Development Environment.
- Developed and optimized database structures, stored procedures, Dynamic Management views, DDL triggers and user-defined functions
- Up-gradation of SQL databases from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005
- Monitored and tuned databases to meet the performance and availability requirements of on-line systems and multiple applications.
- Scheduled and monitored all maintenance activities of SQL Server 2000 including database consistency check, and index de-fragmentation by DBDEFRAG and DBREINDEX.
- Monitored database status including CPU, memory, I/O, space, and dead lock issues using SQL Server Utilities
- Implemented database mirroring
- Installed, authored, and managed reports using SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services
- Used third party tool like Quest lite speed for taking backups and restoring them.
- Created Jobs to Automate & Schedule database administrative tasks.
- Created alerts, notifications, and emails for system errors, insufficient resources, fatal database errors, hardware errors, and security breach.
- Used SQL Profiler for troubleshooting, monitoring, optimization of SQL Server and non-production database code as well as T-SQL code from developers.
- Worked on all phases of database management with application development team and other vendors to maintain maximum availability.
SQL Server 2000/2005, Windows 2000/NT, Excel, Access, SQL Profiler, Replication, Enterprise Manager, Lite Speed Backup software, DTS, T-SQL.
Confidential,Bangalore, India FEB 2007-MARCH 2009
SQL Server DBA
The Company is manufacturing gearbox for various kind of industries. The project was about Accounting and Inventory Control System. The application contains different types of reports like Purchase Register, Sales Register, Stock Register, Party wise Sales Report, Product wise Sales Report, Date/Party wise Outstanding Statement, Account Receipt/Payment Statement, Account Ledgers, and Trial Balance. The project was updated in MS SQL Server 7.0.
- Installing, configuring and administration of SQL Server databases.
- Logical and Physical design of SQL Server databases.
- Database configuration including instance and database creation, database sizing, file placement, specification of storage media.
- Creation and configuration of database objects such as tables, indexes, sequences, procedures, functions and triggers.
- Writing and tuning of database resident code such as procedures, functions, triggers and views for consistent enforcement of rules.
- Database logical and physical design – file groups, segments and data files.
- Utilized tuning tools such as Perfmon, Trace files, Sql profiler, and Query analyzer to diagnose performance issues and tune the database.
- Design and develop backup and restore plans and procedures for backup, full and incremental backups.
- Utilized import and export utilities to supplement backup and recovery routines.
- Developed and implemented security plan used to monitor and restrict database access.
- Provided on-call services after hour and weekends.
- Participated in disaster recovery, high availability and business continuity planning.
- Migrate; upgrade databases within specified downtime and minimal production impact.
- Creation and management of logins, user accounts, schemas, roles, profiles and privileges.
- Participated in defining and documenting policies and procedures for maintenance of the systems.
MS SQL Server 2000, Windows NT 4.0, and Perfmon.
Confidential,Hyderabad, INDIA (Internship) MAY 2005-FEB 2007
SQL SERVER DBA
Confidential,is committed to providing high-quality strategic business solutions combining cutting-edge technology with wide ranging industry expertise. Our distinguishing characteristic right from the start has been our ability to build technology solutions that fit precisely into our client\'s business models without impacting their existing systems and processes
- Responsible for Database and Log Backups & Restoration Strategies.
- Backing up system & user databases and restoring them when necessary.
- Developed stored procedures and triggers.
- Performed daily administration, monitoring, and documentation of SQL Servers.
- Provided assistance to development teams on tuning data, indexes and queries.
- Scheduled and monitored all maintenance activities including database consistency check and index de-fragmentation.
- Monitoring CPU usage, memory, I/O, space management, and resolving blocking and dead locks.
- Used all Declarative Constraints for maintaining Data Integrity.