- Highly developed business system analyst/project management skills with extensive system analysis/design expertise in addition to PMBOK/BABOK Project Planning/WBS, AGILE, SCRUM, and Rational Unified Process (RUP)
- Extensive data architecture/analysis, data management (DMBOK), data modeling (includes enterprise, logical, physical and dimensional (Kimball), and data warehousing architecture/design expertise, with tool expertise in Designer, ER/Studio, MS Visual Studio, Visio Professional, and Oracle Designer
- Strong Data Governance (DG)/Data Steward and Data Custodian knowledge base including extensive knowledge of implementation approach and best practices, policies, processes and procedures. Includes Master Data Management (MDM), Metadata Management, Change Management, and Data Dictionary expertise. Conducted DG Training for all levels of governance including Data Stewards, Data Custodians, Data Governance Council, Steering Committee, Data Governance Board, and Data Steward Working Group
- Extensive Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing (BI/DW) expertise including tools and tool requirement gathering for Microstrategy, Business Objects, Cognos, Informatica
- Has a solid understanding of contemporary requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification and management practices and the ability to apply them in practice. Quickly understands the business issues and data challenges of client’s organization and industry. Manages requirements traceability matrix and tracks changes to base - lined requirements via application change control processes and tools. Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternate business solutions with project management
- Has strong systems development life cycle (SDLC) methodology experience including Rapid Application Development (RAD)/Prototyping, Gap Analysis, Joint Application Development (JAD), Joint Application Requirements (JAR), Master Data Management (MDM), Independent Validation & Verification (IV&V), User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Contract Administration, Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) Product Evaluation and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- SQL Server 8 R2
- MS Project
- Visio Professional
- Embarcadero (ER) Studio
- MS Visual Studio
- MS Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Knowledge Management
- Project Management
- Change Management
- OnBase Document Management System(DMS)
- Business Objects
- Oracle Designer
Sr. Business Systems/Data Analyst
Environment: SQL Server 2010, SharePoint, AGILE/SCRUM, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, ER Studio, Visio Professional, Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Develop Data Steward and Data Custodian identification process
- Develop Data Governance MDM and Change Management policies, processes and procedures
- Conduct Data Governance Orientation and Training for assigned Stewards and Custodians
- Facilitate SCRUM Stand-Up Daily Meetings
- Solicit BI/DW MDM, Metadata, and ETL (Informatica) business requirements for tool evaluation and selection
- Participate with BI/DW MDM and Metadata Tool procurement process
- Establish proposed AGILE Phase III and Phase IV task activity schedule and plan
- Facilitate Data Governance Steering Committee and Change Management meetings
- Identify Enterprise Data Steward roles and responsibilities
- Develop Project Deliverables and submit final draft versions for review and approval by client
- Coordinate project effort with Central Office, Turnpike, and all 7 FDOT Districts
- Schedule District training events and establish appropriate training agenda
Sr. Business Systems/Data Analyst
Environment: SQL Server 2008 R2, SharePoint, AGILE/SCRUM, ER/Studio, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Informatica, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Visio Professional, Adobe Acrobat Professional
- As Sr. Business Systems Analyst for the Florida DOE Education and Information Accountability Services (EIAS) Class Size Compliance conversion project effort which will move the existing mainframe legacy application (DB2/Easytrieve Plus) to a mid-range SQL Server, SAS, and ETL (Informatica) reporting platform
- Conduct inventory analysis of Department District forms, data and reports run for in-house, state and federal legislative statistical requirements
- Identify project stakeholders and target audience. Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, functional and system requirements specifications, task and workflow analysis
- Decompose high-level document and user requirements into suitable detailed Project - specific deliverables (Requirements/Functional Specification, System Design, Change Management, Test Plan Strategy and Implementation Plan)
- Develop proposed enterprise data warehousing architecture for subsequent Phase II Project conversion effort
- Lead requirements discovery, analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, measureable and conform to Department IT standards
- Define system quality parameters, external interfaces, performance measurements/constraints and other non-functional requirements
- Provide back-up project management support
- Reduce maintenance cost via IV&V and standardized UAT discipline
- Develop UAT Test Plans, Test Cases and Checklists. Participate and assist with Q/A and User Acceptance Testing with County and District Offices
- Participate in peer reviews and document deliverable inspections. Manage Migration requirements traceability matrix and track requirements status throughout the AGILE Hybrid system development project effort
PM/Technical Database Administrator/Project Directory Support
Environment: SQL Server/.NET, MS Access, Microsoft Project, Visio Professional, Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Provide project management and database support for new and current TWNC membership, Board Officers and Committee Chair representatives. Run membership and financial reports for monthly meetings. When needed, identify new business report requirements and submit prototype to Board Office for review and approval.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively (both verbally and written) with TWNC Board of Directors and members to improve overall monthly operational activities
- Prepare, develop, assemble and publish TWNC annual membership directory publication. Solicit/survey membership to determine new group and activity organizational requirements. Document and publish results.
- Identify and document new membership requirements, update current member database processes and publish recommendation in TWNC By-Law format. Update database with approved changes.
- Research, identify and document fiscal year annual report statistics and organization accomplishments.
Environment: SQL Server/.NET, AGILE, Rational Unified Process (Requisite, Rose), Microsoft Project, MDM, Visio Professional, ER Studio, Adobe Acrobat Professional
- As Lead Analyst for the Department of Community Affairs, elicit, analyze, validate, specify, verify and manage the Enterprise Resource Action System (ERAS) and MDM requirements using an AGILE methodology/approach for application development for the project stakeholders, specifically Department of Emergency Management, Finance and Accounting, Budget and multiple Divisions, including IT.
- Where needed, conducted JAD sessions with stakeholders and end users. Create and coordinate use case information in preparation for an ERAS RFQ. Prepare high-level presentations for senior management.
- Created enterprise logical entity relationship diagrams and associated data definition dictionary.
- Created data flow and business process flow diagrams. Develop proposed project analysis methodology and deliverables.
- Assist with Request for Quote (RFQ) and Statement of Work (SOW) development.
- Developed a proposed personnel data warehouse design roadmap.
- Developed UAT Test Plans, Test Cases and Checklists.
- Developed Change Management and Project Staff Roles and Responsibilities document with a corresponding Assigned Resources Matrix for review and approval by Senior Management.
Lead Business Systems/Data Analyst
Environment: Oracle9i, SQL Server/.NET, AGILE, MDM, Rational Unified Process (Requisite, Rose), OnBase Document Management System (DMS), LicenseEase, Microsoft Project, Visio Professional, Adobe Acrobat Professional, IV&V, UAT
- As Lead Business Systems/Data Analyst for the Department of Business and Professional Regulation’s Enterprise Department-Wide Document Management System (DDMS), elicit, analyze, validate, specify, verify and manage the document management needs of the project stakeholders, including customers and end users.
- Working side by side with Project Sponsor, provided assistance with competitive procurement processes, Change Management, COTS Product evaluation and statement of work development.
- Conducted inventory analysis of forms and supporting documents received and stored by the Department.
- Led all project team efforts for MDM, metadata, data marts, requirements analysis, logical/physical data modeling, and data flow diagramming and modeling software tools.
- Identified project stakeholders and user classes. Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, technical specifications, competitive product analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Decomposed high-level document and user requirements into suitable OnBase Functional Design Documents (FDDs) for each Profession’s Board and/or Committee (there are 19 Board Offices).
- Developed proposed enterprise data warehousing architecture for Data Center migration.
- Task responsibilities included logical, dimensional, physical data modeling, source-to-target mappings, OLAP requirement definition, data extraction and transform procedures, data consolidation, report tool development, and web-based user interface design.
- Led requirements discovery, analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements were complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable and conform to standards.
- Defined system quality parameters, external interfaces, performance measurements/constraints and other non-functional requirements.
- Participated in Automated Board Agenda prioritization.
- Provided back-up project management support.
- Reduced maintenance cost via IV&V and standardized UAT discipline.
- Developed UAT Test Plans, Test Cases and Checklists. Participate and assist with Quality Assurance (Q/A) and User Acceptance Testing with Board Offices.
- Ran Production Remedy Reports for Senior Management. Identify new change management reporting requirements and oversee production implementation.
- Participated in peer reviews and document deliverable inspections. Manage DDMS requirements traceability matrix and track requirements status throughout the project lifecycle.
- Due to aggressive project schedule timeframe and budget constraints, delivered document management solutions to Board Offices that were on target, on time, on budget and met documented business system requirements.