- Database Analyst - Programmer with 10+ years of experience in database programming, interpreting and analyzing data for business solutions.
- Strong prioritization skills and analytical ability to multi-task several high priority initiatives
- Expert knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL and relational database management systems
- Expertise in PL/SQL subprograms, user defined aggregate functions, PL/SQL collections, Indexes( B-Tree, Bitmap, Function based Indexes) and performance tuning
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent knowledge in manipulating, cleansing &processing data using Excel and SQL
- Expertise in business process engineering and SDLC
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Familiarity and Training with ETL processes and Methodology
- Data analysis of a large Oracle Data warehouse involving Data Quality and Data Rules testing
- Creation of extensive test cases and Oracle sub programs to verify data
- Building Oracle Framework to automate analysis and testing processes
- Creation of Reports to project data in a user readable format
- Extensive performance tuning using parallelism, indexes, PLAN TABLE, query tuning and so on
Environment: MS Word, Oracle 11g/12C, PL/SQL, PL/SQL developer, TOAD, SQL Loader, MS excel data analysis, Tableau
- Worked on introducing a new program for an existing Pharmaceutical client
- Engaged client to gather requirements/business rules and ensure alignment between teams
- Analyzed client’s business requirements and processes through document and workflow analysis
- Provided input into developing and modifying systems to meet client needs and develop business specifications to support these modifications.
- Conducted 5+ levels of testing including functional, regression, user acceptance, integration and performance to verify the client’s needs are met.
- Created PL/SQL scripts and/or updates to existing code to match technical specifications
- Performance tuning using indexes, analysis and rewriting SQL statements, analyzing tables, restructuring query joins etc.
Environment: MS Project, Word, Visio, Oraclse 9i/11g, PL/SQL, TOAD, SQL Loader, MS excel data analysis
Data Analyst /Programmer
- Led a phased effort to migrate large data sets into an internal proprietary system (inSupport)
- Created of extensive PL/SQL scripts to load data sets alongside performance tunin
- Translated stakeholder requirements into tangible deliverables such as functional specifications, user cases, process diagrams, data flow/data model diagrams.
- Evaluated risks related to implementation, testing processes, project communications, and training
- Identified and reconciled errors in client data to ensure accurate business requirements.
- Drafted and maintained business requirements and align them with functional and technical requirements.
- Facilitated weekly meetings with clients to document requirements and explore potential solutions.
- Introduced to Salesforce as part of design discussions to migrate existing web based systems
- Provided quick resolution of any unanticipated issues and communicating and documenting the same
Environment: MS Word, Visio, MS Project, Oracle 9i/11g, PL/SQL, SQL Plus, TOAD, SQL Loader, Some Unix, MS SQL Server 2005/2008, Oracle Export/Import Utility
Database Analyst /Programmer
- Led migration of big sets of data for several pharmaceutical clients into an internal proprietary system (inSupport)
- Performed extensive end to end analysis, data mapping and developed functional and technical specifications
- Developed reports within the custom Proprietary Reporting system (BRU)
- Provided day to day production support on both Oracle and SQL server systems
- Actively participated in the design and development of new web based solutions
Environment: Oracle 9i/11g, PL/SQL, SQL Plus, TOAD, SQL Navigator, SQL Loader, Oracle Export/Import Utility, SQL Server 2000, SQL Server 2005, Oracle enterprise Manager, Crystal Reports, VB.NET, Visio,Training of ETL methodologies