- 4 plus years of extensive IT experience in Database Design, Development, Implementation and Support of Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2/2012/2012R2 in Development, Testing and Production Environments with various business domains.
- Solid knowledge of Relational Database Management System (RDMS), Data Warehouse Concepts, OLTP, OLAP and experience with MS SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS), SSIS, SSAS and SSRS.
- Experience in writing Complex S tored Procedures, CTE’s, Functions, Views and Triggers for data consistency and manipulation.
- Scheduled and maintained daily and monthly loads of OMS, Orders, Objectives and Adjustments data through jobs, tasks, and alerts.
- Hands on experience in installing, configuring, managing, upgrading, monitoring and troubleshooting SQL Server 2008/2008R2/2012/2012R2.
- Extensive experience in Monitoring and Performance Tuning SQL Server database using tools like SQL Profiler , Index Tuning Wizard , Database Engine Tuning Advisor, Windows Performance Wizard for optimal performance.
- Strong experience in creating the clustered/non - clustered indexes on tables.
- Experience in using global variables, expressions and functions for the reports.
- Experience in Error Handling, Isolation Levels on huge Data sets.
- Proficient in using scripts and variables, email notifications for ETL process using Data Integrator.
- Experience in Configuring and Managing Linked Servers, Data Transfer between SQL Server and other heterogeneous relational databases such as Oracle and DB2.
- Experience in creating complex SSIS packages to automate the Import and Export of data to and from SQL Server using SSIS.
- Expert in designing and scheduling complex SSIS Packages for transferring data manually from multiple data sources to SQL Server.
- Good experience in creating SSIS packages using Active X scripts and with Error Handling.
- Hands on experience in developing Custom Reports and different types of Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, Ad hoc reports and distributed reports in multiple formats using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) in Business intelligence development studio (BIDS).
- Implemented OLAP Cubes, Facts, and Dimensions for providing summarized views of large sets of data and used Multi-Dimensional Expression (MDX) to access them.
- Experienced in working with Star Schema modeling to develop ROLAP/MOLAP Cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Proficient in introducing Cell-Level security in SQL Server Analysis Services Cubes.
- Worked on various phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) like Planning, Designing, Analyzing and Deploying.
- Good experience in working with Agile Methods like Scrum, Open Agile.
- Hands on experience with Load Testing, Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Self-motivated and possess ability for critical thinking, analysis, good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and project oriented team player with excellent communication and leadership skills to develop creative solution for challenging client needs.
RDBMS: MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2008 R2/ 2012, My SQL
Operating System: Windows, Linux, HP-UNIX
Data Modeling Tools: MS-Visio, Visual Studio
ETL Tools: DTS, SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS) and DataStage
Database Tools: SQL Profiler, SQL Query Analyzer, Index Analyzer, DTS, Import/Export, SSRS,SSIS, SSAS, Backup Server, Replication server, OLAP Services, SQL, Agents, SQL Alerts, SQL, Jobs
Version Control Tools: Jira, Github
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
SQL BI Developer
- Installed and Configured SQL Server 2012 successfully.
- Involved in gathering requirements in conceptual data modeling phase.
- Involved in designing database using MS Visio.
- Extensively used Joins and Sub-Queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Developed tabular queries for efficient analysis of report using Pivot/Un pivot in T-SQL.
- Scheduled Daily and weekly Jobs and Alerting using SQL Server Agent.
- Worked as a developer in creating complex Stored Procedures, triggers, cursors, Indexes, tables, and views and other SQL joins for building various applications.
- Created Database Maintenance plans for Full/Differential/Transactional backup Strategies, Disaster Recovery and involved in database partitioning.
- Created and maintained logins, roles and permissions on the SQL instances and databases and provided required privileges according to the user’s requirements.
- Involved in Normalization and De-Normalization of existing tables for faster query retrieval.
- Extensively worked with SSIS tool suite, designed and created mappings using various SSIS transformations like OLEDB Command, Conditional Split, Lookup, Aggregator, Multicast and Derived Column.
- Designed dynamic SSIS to transfer data crossing different platforms, validate data during transferring, and archived data files for different RDBMS.
- Used SSIS features like package event handlers, property expressions, and package configurations, transactions in packages, checkpoints and protection levels.
- Utilized SSRS reporting services to generate different types of reports from the database.
- Created Report Subscription using SSRS 2012.
- Created lists, workflows using share point.
- Created reports using stored procedure.
- Deployed SSRS reports to the reporting server and assisted in troubleshooting deployment problems.
- Involved in scheduling, creating snapshots and subscriptions for the reports (SSRS 2008R2/2012).
- Designed/Implemented a reporting dashboard for use by the SQL Reporting Services group using Visual Studio.
- Experience in working with SSAS in creating Cubes, Data Source Views, Named Queries, Dimensions and Deploying of analysis services projects.
- Querying and manipulating multidimensional cube data through MDX Scripting.
- Experienced in creating OLAP cubes defining the dimensions and relationship between dimensions and measure groups.
- Created writeback templates for users to input data into the cubes that was written to the underlying database.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012R2/2012, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), XML, Excel, MS-Visio, JIRA.
Confidential, Houston, TX
SQL BI Developer
- Dynamically supported business users for given requirements and developed the Packages accordingly.
- Involved in installing and maintaining MS SQL Server.
- Generated test data and tested database to meet the functionalities deliverables in the project documentation and specifications.
- Created technical design specification documents based on the functional design documents and the physical data model.
- Wrote Triggers and Stored Procedures to capture updated and deleted data from OLTP systems.
- Involved in database designing using Normalization.
- Created the clustered/non-clustered indexes on tables. Traced out for any table required any indexes and determine the type of index on it.
- Setup Database Maintenance Plans to reorganize indexes, re-indexing and updating the index statistics on the production databases.
- Worked on data conversion of the legacy systems data into MS SQL server using SSIS packages extensively.
- Tested, Cleaned and Standardized Data meeting the business standards using exact lookups using SSIS tasks.
- Efficient use of Joins and sub-queries in queries that retrieve data from multiple tables.
- Extensively worked on T-SQL, Distributed Queries, and Correlated Sub Queries and used most of the systems functions.
- Involved in development and debugging of complex batch T-SQL Stored Procedures and functions.
- Partitioned many tables, which have frequent inserts, updates and deletes to reduce the contention and to improve the performance.
- Used MOLAP for storing the detailed data and aggregations in analysis server in multidimensional format in SSAS.
- Used ROLAP for storing the detailed data and aggregations in actual datasource DWH/OLTP database in relational format in SSAS.
- Experienced in Data Marts, Data warehousing, Operational Data Store (ODS), OLAP, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, Fact and Dimensions Tables using MS Analysis Services.
- Regular responsibilities for updating and staging the dimensional databases as well as rebuild the Dimensions and cubes in Analysis Services.
- Partitioned many tables, which have frequent inserts, updates and deletes to reduce the contention and to improve the performance in SSAS.
- Generated reports using SQL Server Reporting Services from OLTP and OLAP data sources.
- Created Cached Reports and Linked Reports in SSRS.
- Created Adhoc Reports using Report Builder 1.0 and Report Builder 2.0.
Environment: MS SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Erwin Data Modeller, Windows Sever .
SQL BI Developer
- Actively involved in Normalization and De-Normalization of database
- Created and managed schema objects such as tables, views, joins, clusters, indexes, functions, stored procedures, triggers and maintaining Referential Integrity.
- Created DTS package to export and import data from SQL Server to Access, text and EXCEL files.
- Checked performance tuning, indexing and query optimization.
- Used database consistency checks using DBCC utilities.
- Implemented Snapshot Replication and Transactional Replication.
- Developed administrative tasks of SQL Server of performing daily Backups and recovery procedures.
- Created Linked Servers for data retrieval using OLE DB data sources and providers.
- Created packages in SSIS with error handling.
- Worked with different methods of logging in SSIS.
- Created complex SSIS packages using proper control and data flow elements.
- Designed cubes with star schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Enhanced the functionality of OLAP Cube by creating KPI, Actions and Perspective from huge dataset using SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services.
- Worked on Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) to query multidimensional data or to create MDX expressions for use within a cube.
- Involved in partitioning of cubes in order to increase the performance of cubes ( SSAS ).
- Excellent report creation skills using Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created Tabular reports, Matrix reports, List reports, Parameterized reports, Subreports, Ad-hoc reports (SSRS)
- Understanding the OLAP processing for changing and maintaining the Warehousing, Optimizing Dimensions, Hierarchies and adding the Aggregations to the Cube.
- Created different type of reports including Cross-tab, Conditional, Drill-down, OLAP and Sub reports.
- Have deployed packages on different servers by configuring it.
- Used various transformations such as Slowly Changing Dimension, Multicast, Merge Join, Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Conditional Split, Aggregate, Derived Column, and Data Conversion Transformations.
- Worked with development teams in the design of physical databases and in modification.
- Created writing T-SQL scripts, dynamic SQL, complex stored procedures, functions, triggers, SQLCMD, and SMO.
- Monitored SQL Server logs to ensure the backup operations, batch commands, or other scripts and processes have completed successfully.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2/2012, Microsoft Visual Basic, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SQL LiteSpeed, OLAP.
ConfidentialSQL BI Developer
- By using Eclipse IDE designed and developed udser Interface for the application.
- Connecting to the Robot from mobile using Bluetooth interface.
- Developed test cases.
- Project documentation and presentation.
- Extensilvely used Java and Android for this application development.