- Over 6 years of experience as SQL SERVER DBA handling administration activities and as SQL developer.
- Good Knowledge and experience in SQL Server - Installations, configuring, administering, Maintenance Jobs, DTS package monitoring, backup and restore strategies.
- Experience on AlwaysON, Replication, Database Mirroring, Log shipping, SQL Clustering.
- Good knowledge and experience in Data Warehousing environment as SQL developer and also as SQL administrator.
- ITIL certified and have good knowledge and experience in ITIL processes.
- Creative, unconventional, Pragmatic, Quick learner, strong teamwork abilities.
Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, HP Unix
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, Java.
Database: Oracle 9i, 10g, Sql Server 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2014.
Environment: worked: Data warehouse implemented production & staging.
Networking: Basics of computer networks.
Applications: Toad 9.1, IBM TSM, HP Open View Reporter, HPSM, Commvault, Remedy ticketing tool.
Junior Technical Consultant
- Active member of SQL database administration team of size 8.
- Managing and Providing L3 support for Manpower group Infrastructure Servers.
- Managing over 550 plus SQL Server Instances in three different domains.
- As a senior DBA concentrate more into automating daily repeated DBA activities which includes Backup report, DR logshipping latency report, Server reboot report, Cluster failover notifications, capacity planning report.
- Incidents tickets, daily user requests, Change activities, Quote management & Problem management using HPSM (HP Service Manager).
- Setting up SQL SERVER new cluster and standalone installation, post install activities, patch activities, install service packs & security updates.
- Ad-hoc backup and restore activity performed based on user requests.
- All SQL Instances being monitored by Site scope manager on data file size, disk space, availability of servers etc.
- Worked in Idera performance monitoring and management tool for managing performance related issues.
- Configured the Alwayson setup as per customer requirement for the upgraded SQL instances.
- DB Migration / Data refresh based on customer and application team requirements.
- Database migration from SQL 2008/R2 versions to SQL 2012 and SQL 2014 versions.
- Upgraded multiple SQL 2008 r2 to 2012 version.
- Create maintenance plan and develop sql agent jobs for monitoring the performance related issues like blocking and deadlock.
- Import and export SSIS & dtsx packages, tables.
- Configuring high availability tasks like Mirroring, Log shipping
- Also solving user level issues like password issues, account locked, user creations, granting/revoking roles & privilege relates issues based on the security standards maintained for the banking infrastructure.
- Guiding and monitoring my team on all the above activities and regular training programs conducted for L1/L2 DBA's on various SQL SERVER topics.
- Work with management and customers on various environment stabilizations activities like suppressing false alerts, setting threshold for disk space issues so that DBA can act proactively to avoid any database failures.
ConfidentialJunior Technical Consultant
- Active member of SQL database administration team of size 6.
- Was providing L2/L3 support for Pacific Brands Standard Register and HP-Dearborn Internal Infrastructure Servers.
- Managing over 150 SQL server Instances.
- Tickets and Daily user request using OVSD (HP Open View Service Desk) and HPSM (HP Service Manager).
- Daily backup monitoring and effective recovery on data loss.
- SQL Server\DB Migration based on customer requirement.
- Configured IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for SQL backup and restore from disk and tapes.
- Upgrade from previous versions, Applying latest patch in QA & production environment.
- Handling high severity issues like SQL Server down, database crash, application connection failure by working with various teams which includes network team, storage teams.
- DB archiving and purging meeting the disk utilization thresholds.
- Performance tuning on slow responses - Index check, rebuild and reorganize.
- Data and log files management - Restricting, adding new log\data files, creating new file group & moving the files between the file groups.
- Database mail and job alert configuration.
- Involved in change activities involving Migrating stand alone SQL Servers to Active\Active and Active\Passive clusters.
- Co-ordination with various teams like Citrix, Wintel, Network teams in case of troubleshooting root cause for the issues.
- On call support during the weekend activities on production upgrade and maintenance.
Junior Technical Consultant
- Development and enhancement of SQL scripts for Customer reports based on user request and ticket handled using HP service manager tool.
- Troubleshoot involves back tracking from SQL query, then to various dimension and fact tables in case of data missing.
- Further at ETL levels to confirm if data load failing because of any miscellaneous or junk data loading from source server.
- Performing changes at SQL SERVER 2008 R2 production instance which involves creating stored procedures for specific activities, alter tables structure, loading data based on ad-hoc request.
Junior Technical Consultant
- Active member of SQL SERVER database administration team and also developing and modifying SQL/PLSQL scripts as per the requirement. Run the reference build scripts to generate various modules to develop prototype of banking software with various logics building. Developing shell scripts for setting up the environment and internal purpose.z