Deliver highly efficient, fault tolerant solutions using advanced technologies including Multi - Instance Failover Clusters, Always on Availability Groups, and Transactional Replication. Develop robust, scalable, highly-optimized Confidential -SQL code. Architect efficient databases with an understanding of SQL Server internals. Extensive performance tuning and optimization efforts.
- SQL Server Service Broker Implementations
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- SQL Profiling & Performance Tuning
- Database Design & Analysis
- SQL Server High Availability
- SQL Server Replication
- Agile Methodologies
- Highly Efficient SQL Development
- 24/7 Production Support
- Team Leadership & Mentoring
- Feasibility Analysis
Development Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft Visual Studio, ERwin Data Modeler, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Red Gate SQL Tools, Subversion, SQL Profiler
Languages: SQL, PowerShell, C#
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
Core Technologies: SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2014, SQL Server 2016, Active-Active Failover Clusters, AlwaysOn Availability Groups, Confidential -SQL, Transactional Replication, PowerShell Scripting, Windows Server 2012/2012R2, Service Broker, SQL Profiler
- Headed design and development of highly successful products.
- Worked closely with multiple business units to define requirements, develop and test the product, and roll out to production. Provided post deployment support and continuous improvement.
- Implemented substantial user improvements based on observed in-the-field use and identified pain points.
- Made significant improvements to complex products impacting 60K+ customers.
- Identified, corrected, and tested deficiencies; improved work flow and efficiency with administrative teams.
- Refactored Confidential -SQL code for significant performance improvements.
- Modified the physical data model to improve concurrency and resource utilization. Implemented substantial user improvements based on observed in-the-field use and identified pain points.
- Designed and developed a service broker queueing framework that allowed developers to easily utilize the asynchronous processing capabilities of service broker while abstracting away the complexities of dialog management, error handling, poison message, and logging. Made extensive use of XML schemas to ensure data met certain standards. Paid close attention to security and privileges to ensure no unauthorized use or possible data loss, and developed a set of procedures to allow developers to easily register their code, make use of the queue, and troubleshoot any errors.
- Consistently worked closely with business teams and stakeholders to ensure my team developed a high quality, scalable, efficient product that satisfied all of the core requirements of the stakeholders while remaining feasible to implement under time and budget constraints. Frequently recognized by senior leaders outside of the development team.
- Provided 24/7 production support for a clustered SQL environment, multiple IIS web servers, and FTP servers.
- Directed deployment of AlwaysOn using two secondary read-only replicas in SQL Server 2012, 2014, and 2016.
- Maintained production backups. Performed regular tests to ensure backups were restorable.
- Anticipated and resolved issues through consistent monitoring of key server, instance, and database statistics.
- Automated time-consuming manual processes with fault tolerant PowerShell scripts.
- Assisted developers when designing data models to ensure a scalable, normalized physical design that helps to reduce potential concurrency issues and maximize page density for efficient resource usage.
- Worked closely with storage admins and vendors to perform capacity planning ensuring necessary resources were available when needed.
- Troubleshooting of database corruption by examining individual corrupt pages to ensure that when using the REPAIR ALLOW DATA LOSS feature, there was no actual data loss.
- Led training sessions with junior developers to teach physical database design considerations, basics of SQL Server internals, performance tuning and optimizations, and development best practices.
- Guided junior developers with comprehensive code reviews and design analysis.
- Work with new developers to assist them in learning ISN products, practices, and coding standards.
- Provided one-on-one mentoring with junior developers to correct performance issues. Worked to ensure that they understood why a change was made so that they would be able to both retain and apply the gained knowledge.
- Key team member of an extensive performance tuning effort that led to the creation of over 1000 indexes, the development of an automated statistics update process, refactoring of hundreds of stored procedures, and resulted in a reduction of average daily timeout errors by over 90%.
- Analyzed physical design to improve performance, scalability, and data integrity. Always considered SQL internals when creating a physical design being aware of row density, the potential for page splits, file group usage, and both horizontal and vertical partitioning strategies.
- Created intelligent indexes, altered data models, and refactored code to yield significant performance gains on hundreds of bottlenecks.
- Performed design and code analysis to identify and correct deficiencies and potential performance and concurrency bottlenecks.
- Analyzed execution plans to identify query pain points and significantly improve performance.
- Rewrote complex Confidential -SQL stored procedures to replace inefficient procedural based code with highly efficient, optimized set-based code.
- Analyzed wait stats, deadlock graphs, and unfamiliar, complex Confidential -SQL code to analyze stored procedures with a history of deadlocks, plan, and implement solutions.
- Studied performance tuning with Paul Randal and Kimberly Tripp in the SQL Skills immersion course.
Confidential, Plano, Texas
SQL ETL Developer
Core Technologies: SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2012, Oracle 10g, Confidential -SQL, PL/SQL, Subversion, Active-Passive Failover Clusters, Transactional Replication
- Designed and developed complex ETL processes extracting data from multiple sources using Confidential -SQL and PL/SQL.
- Oversaw development, QC, and staging environments.
- Maintained backups, deployed schema changes, refreshed environments from production on schedule, and maintained source control.
- Transformed unreliable data through data scrubbing, de-duping, exception handling, and notifications following business rules; loaded data into high-volume data warehouse.
- Directed high-availability, mission-critical data warehouse project as lead ETL developer; played vital role in supporting IT operations and junior developers and QC testers with understanding data model, business requirements, and writing code.
- Developed complex stored procedures to implement new ETL processes.
- Analyzed existing, poor performing ETL procedures to identify and correct deficiencies yielding extensive performance gains.
- Delivered successful transition of data warehouse from existing POS to new, in-house POS; partnered with users, analysts, reporting teams, and other developers to define business requirements, design new models, update existing models, and develop new ETL processes.
Confidential, Richardson, Texas
SQL Developing DBA
Core Technologies: SQL Server 2000 - 2008, SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, C# .NET Framework
- Designed and developed data-driven tools, metrics, and reporting applications against SQL Server 2008 back-end in fast-paced, high-volume call center.
- Developed complex Confidential -SQL stored procedures, trigger, functions, and ad hoc queries.
- Maintained databases including taking backups and monitoring file growth.
- Refactored existing code for increased performance.
- Nominated for GCSC Service Hero award for leading successful transition of busy call center’s reporting backend to new, diverse data source completed with zero downtime.