- Microsoft SQL Server 2005/ 2008/2012/2016
- SQL Server Reporting Services 2008/2012
- SQL Server Integration Services 2008/2012/2016
- Oracle Database 9i/11g/12c
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Data Modeling
- Data Lineage / Provenance
- SQL Query Optimization
- Microsoft Power BI
- T - SQL
Office 365 Data Analyst
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Collected and performed data analysis from multiple sources, such as CSV, database, XML, tab-delimited, JSON, etc.
- Generated daily reports on the Office 365 rollout project, including successes, failures and risks.
- Worked with the Office 365 project team to identify and correct incorrect data or gaps in data.
- Classified all active accounts as resource, user, shared or test; report weekly on all accounts that are licensed incorrectly
Confidential, Frisco, TX
- Used Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio to create stored procedures that generated report data
- Used Oracle SQL Developer Database Modeler to plan and develop various data warehouses
- Worked with external and internal customers to collect business requirements for complex reports
- Developed stored procedures using T- SQL to replace outdated code.
- Used SQL Server Integration Services to ensure timely processing of scheduled data import tasks
- Used Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010 to maintain source code
- Used SSQL Server Reporting Services 2008 to write the final report that were delivered to clients
- Used SQL Profiler to debug and optimize existing queries for better performance
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Led a 4-person team that entered Texas811 call center ticket information, managed with Blackbaud software suite.
- Installed, configured and administered multiple Windows Server 2008 servers (primarily for AD and SQL Server).
- Utilized Microsoft SQL Server 2005 to develop a database-driven web application to recover lost photos that enabled the Claims Department to save an average of $12,000 monthly in damaged-related costs
- Migrated several existing in-house MS Access projects to SQL Server 2008; upsized all database objects using built-in tools as well as custom Visual Basic for Access scripts.
- Planned, developed, and successfully implemented a system using Adobe Acrobat PDF Forms in conjunction with Oracle 10g to eliminate paper-based forms, capturing the data where it was then analyzed with FusionCharts v3 to improve upon various safety-related processes of the field employees' duties
- Wrote highly customized ETL packages in Microsoft SSIS 2008 to move spatial GIS data from customers’ servers into our own Oracle 10g database systems, then added GPS data that helped greatly reduce the amount of time searching for the correct map
- Planned, designed and implemented several highly complex MS SQL Server 2008 databases to capture data logs from field surveying equipment - approx. 700 tables. Processed average of 600 million rows of data from 20,000 pieces of equipment on a weekly basis
IT Field Data Engineer
Confidential, Fort Worth, TX
- Performed ad-hoc SQL data queries and maintenance
- Used ER Studio to design and implement several in-house database projects
- Designed and developed ETL data integration processes using Microsoft SSIS 2008
- Updated existing stored procedures, Microsoft SSIS 2008 packages, etc
- Troubleshot data issues, validated results and recommended improvements to existing processes
- Developed tools and processes to eliminate manual processing of customer data
- Used Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services 2005 to ensure timely processing of scheduled data import tasks
Confidential, Baton Rouge, LA
- Wrote scripts in Excel VBA that eliminated various daily data retrieval tasks being performed by hand, allowing employees to focus on more complex issues
- Migrated internal Access 97 database applications to SQL Server 2000, replacing it with a web-based frontend using a mixture of ASP, Access VBA modules, and Excel VBA functions. Enabled our team to easily analyze the reasons behind repeat truck rolls, which aided the company in reducing unnecessary operational costs
- Migrated a custom web calendar from Access 97 to SQL Server 2000, to track PTO requests for field technicians
- Analyzed data from Oracle 9i and 10g databases produced by both internal and external customers, such as satisfaction surveys and data related to field work orders
- Generated reports in Excel 2003 requested by various departments
- Performed routine maintenance on various Oracle 10g and Microsoft Access databases