Over 15 years of varied experience - performing relational database administration/development, production support, logical and physical design, script writing, and application development, programming languages and DBMSs, including Oracle, MS SQL Server.
Visual Basic 6.0, C++, C, SQL, Visual C++, FoxPro, Pascal
SQL Server 2000, SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008, MySQL, Oracle 8,
MS Access, DB2
Windows Server 2003, Windows XP/2000/NT/98/95/3.1, UNIX, MS-DOS
SQL Navigator 4.5, MAXIMO 4.1, Quick Pick 3.1 Editor, Brio Report Builder 6.1, Microsoft SQL Server Report Designer 8.0, Visual Source Safe, Enterprise Manager, DTS Designer, SSIS, Profiler, Query Analyser, Developer 2000
Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Period of Employment: 2009 – Present
Client: Confidential,Bethesda - MD
Environment: Windows XP Professional, Windows Server 2003, Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, VBScript, MySQL, ColdFusion MX 7
Position Held: Senior Database Administrator/Developer
- Created and designed databases based on understanding business transactions.
- Developed ETL packages using SSIS for transferring data from legacy systems with data validation, cleansing, transformation and calculations.
- Designed, coded, tested and implemented custom database scripts and formal procedures.
- Implemented database related management activities for development, staging and production systems.
- Monitored and maintained databases for performance tuning.
- Identified performance problems and provided a resolution.
- Set up and established recovery procedures, backup and restore as required.
- Performed installation of SQL Server (to include clustered environment) and applied required patches to development, staging and then to production systems after thorough testing.
- Performed recovery of lost or corrupt data.
- Ensured the integrity and security of data from unauthorized individuals.
- Proactively monitored database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
- Ensured the associated hardware resources allocated to the databases for high resilience and performance.
- Implemented best practices and provided recommendations to maximize uptime and server utilization.
- Performed ColdFusion MX 7 installation, patching, configuration, troubleshooting and monitoring for client’s websites.
Period of Employment: 2006 – 2009
Client: Confidential,Bethesda - MD
Environment: Windows XP Professional, Windows Server 2003, Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005, VBScript, MySQL.
Position Held: Senior Database Administrator/Developer (Consultant)
- Responsible for logical and physical design with a significant effort towards application and database tuning.
- Major activities include advanced performance tuning, database design, capacity planning and establishing standards for SQL installations, maintenance, tuning, and coding standards.
- Converted page embedded SQL queries to secure and optimized Stored Procedures.
- Architected, implemented and maintained CRM (Customer Relationship Management) databases.
- Established and wrote Performance Tuning guidelines to enhance quality of our product for current and future code development.
- Successfully maintained performance of all primary databases by providing advanced tuning methods and customized scripts.
- Redesigned a thorough backup and recovery strategy for all major production systems.
- Designed DTS packages for manipulating and moving data from and to different sources.
- Developed automated processes in VBScript.
- Upgraded all SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005 without service interruption.
- Programming, tuning and troubleshooting MySQL for CRM (Customer Relationship Management) databases.
Period of Employment: 2004 – 2006
Client: Confidential,Dulles - VA
Environment: Windows XP Professional, Oracle 8.0, SQL Navigator, MAXIMO, Quick Pick Editor, Brio Report Builder, Microsoft SQL Server Report Designer.
Position Held: Senior Programmer Analyst (Consultant)
- Responsible for developing programmed solutions to resolve issues or enhance the Maximo applications to meet business requirements.
- Worked with end-users at all levels in the organization to develop solutions.
- Analyzed existing software code, utilized debugging tools and reverse engineered the existing applications, building knowledge of the technical workings of the applications.
- Developed Web applications that support enhanced functionality for maximo.
- Developed, modified and maintained various reports using Brio Report Builder and Reporting Services.
- Developed, modified and maintained queries, stored procedures, functions, packages and triggers in the underlying ORACLE database for Maximo.
- Troubleshoot and debug Maximo applications and processes.
Period of Employment: 2003 – 2004
Client: Confidential,Herndon-VA– IT Solution Provider.
Environment: SQL Server 2000, MS Access, VB 6.0, Windows 2000
Position Held: Senior Database Administrator and Developer/ Programmer
- Involved in integration, design and implementation of the contact database and application.
- Responsible for all database administration tasks for the existing database servers.
- Performed data cleansing and transfers with DTS (packages).
- Built various applications for automation and other tasks such as Customer Support System and Survey (for HHS).
Period of Employment: 2000 – 2003
Client: Confidential,Bombay-India - A core software technology firm - developing Business Solutions.
Environment: SQL Server 2000, Windows 2000
Position Held: Senior Database Administrator and Developer
- Senior DBA for multiple development, test, and production databases.
- Responsible for support of large-scale mission critical database servers with a high volume of transactions and number of users.
- Created databases and all procedures. Used DTS services to load database from several remote locations and file types including other databases, spreadsheets and other file types.
- Performed installation, configuration and upgrades of MS SQL Server.
- Responsible for granting and maintaining user access.
- Performed database monitoring, performance management and tuning.
- Programmed many stored procedures and user-defined functions for various reports.
- Involved in the design and development of new implementations of the systems to include the design and creation of new tables, defining the relationships between the tables.
- Used SQL Server Agent to automate and schedule various database monitoring, and bulk update functions.
- Set up merge, transactional and snapshot replication on remote servers.
Period of Employment: 1999 – 2000
Client: Confidential,Bombay- India
Environment: Visual Basic 6.0, MS Access
Position Held: Consultant-Developer
- Designed and coded application for Export Company to maximize productivity, processes and preparation of reports, reducing paperwork for the company.
Period of Employment: 1998 – 1999
Company is a manufacturer, processor and seller of natural marble.
Environment: Oracle 7, Windows 95
Position Held: Consultant-Developer
While studying at Informatics Computer Institute, the following projects were completed:
- Participated in the design and development of Factory Module.
- Assisted in the design and development of an Inventory Control application for the Inventory Control Department.
- Assisted in the design and development of an Order Processing application for the Sales Department.
- B.Sc. Computing & Information System
- Advanced Diploma in Computer Studies
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)