An IT professional with M.S. degree in Computer Science intends to obtain a software developer position that allows learning new technologies while utilizing experience of implementing applications inASP.NET 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005, VB.NET. Recent experience in SSRS, SSIS, reports in Microsoft Access 2003, DTS, writing SQL queries and stored procedures using SQL Server 2005. Good communication skills with background of working directly with target users to identify business objectives and establish requirements.
- Databases: SQL Server 2005, MS Access, Oracle 8.0, FoxPro, Oracle Designer, Visio
- ETL and Reporting Tools:SSIS, SSRS, MS Access Reports, SQL Management Studio 2005, DTS, Pivot tables, Crystal Reports 11.5
- Web development: ASP.Net 2.0, Visual Studio 2008, HTML, VB.NET, ADO.NET
- Languages: C, C++, SQL
Confidential. Cincinnati OH 2009-2010
- Responsibilities included designing, developing, testing, and maintaining ASP.NET 2.0, VB.NET, Visual Studio 2005, and SQL Server 2000 applications. Created reports in Crystal Reports 11.5. Implemented software development life cycle policies and procedures.
- Worked with the end users to analyze business, functional, and technical requirements to make sure project met expectations. Maintained and enhanced functionalities of existing applications.
Confidential. West Chester OH 2008
SQL Developer, Business Intelligence Group
- Designed, developed, tested, and maintained SQL stored procedures. Created reports using Microsoft Access and SSRS 2005 reporting tools. Scheduled and monitored jobs as per requirements. Worked with data analysts to understand the data needs. Supported ad-hoc business data needs.
- Modified and processed ETL/data migration scripts using Oracle (PL/SQL) as back-end database. Maintained SQL Server Management Studio 2005 databases and ETL processed usingMicrosoft SSIS 2005, SQL stored procedures and DTS packages.
- Provided development support to data warehouse team. Followed (and continued to develop) established software development guidelines and procedures. Maintained the DSS (Decision Support Systems) support mailbox.
Confidential. Cincinnati, OH 2007-2008
Graduate Assistant, Department of The Graduate School
- Performed IT duties associated with maintenance of Graduate School web pages. Assisted the lead Application Analyst in creating small application projects in ASP.NET 2.0 Visual Studio 2008 VB.NET, ADO.NET, applying SQL queries over server databases using SQL Server 2005 and updating HTML files.
- Assisted Master and Doctoral students in preparing electronic thesis. This included working with the students on one-on-one basis to complete the task of creating PDF files and uploading electronic thesis/dissertation. Organized and presented seminars about Electronic Thesis Dissertation at various colleges at the University of Cincinnati.
Confidential University Of cincinnati
- Master Thesis Project: “Automating Multiple Schema Generation using Dimensional Design Patterns” The thesis explored the use of dimensional design patterns (DDPs) to assist a designer in creating a dimensional schema. The approach used both general and domain-specific questions to determine concepts that should be modeled in a schema. Scope of this thesis created an algorithm that automated this process, extended the types of DDPs that are captured, and enhanced the model used for the generated multidimensional schema. Project was implemented in SQL Server 2008, Visual Studio 2008, ASP.NET 3.5, and VB.NET.
- Created a new web-based information system for Ovation Theater Cincinnati using ASP.NET 2.0, Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server Express. This system targeted three main goals:
- Entice potential audience members to attend productions and interact with the company.
- Facilitate communication among production participants.
- Support discussions involving board and permanent staff members.
M.S. Computer Science,
B.E. Computer Engineering