Database Administrator/Analyst with almost 20 years of wide - ranging technical experience. Keen ability to successfully support critical business requirements. Solid understanding of the relationship between technology and business targets. Exceptionally good at problem analysis, resolution, and troubleshooting. Excellent communication skills with the ability to interface positively with non-technical people at all levels.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2012, Redhat Linux, Windows 10
Applications: Windows Server Failover Clustering, SQL Disaster Recovery, Always-On, DPA
Languages: T-SQL, XML, HTML, SSIS, Light SSAS, SSRS
Script Languages: HTML, DHTML, MS PowerShell, WSH, Visual Studio, BIDS
Tools: MS Access, MS Excel, SSDT, SQL Profiler, DTA, XEvents
Confidential, Columbus, Ohio
- Implemented and Supported OLAP Database in a SQL Server 2016 Environment. Migrated Ported 6 month OLAP DB to Development Environment.
- SQL Server Database Administrator Tasks:
- DB Backup and Refresh of UAT QA, DEV and STAGE Environments in SQL 2012.
- Maintained and helped Create Processes to procure a 5 terabyte 30 day Disaster Recovery of Full, Differential, and Transaction Logs with PowerShell for 40+ client databases.
- Maintained Multiple SQL 2012 Reporting Servers for Tableau 10.
- Resolved Tableau reporting latency issues by initiating Stored Procedures process that created staged tables with MERGE Data Synchronization.
- Ran Daily 4 hour SQL Jobs to sync Tables for Tableau Reporting and LOB Dashboard Consumption.
- Implemented SQL Server 2012 Horizontal Partitioning Maintenance Strategy with subdivided PAGE Compression.
- Improved SQL READ performance by creating efficient Indexes and expanding Statistics sampling across tables larger than 120 million rows.
- Implemented Performance Analysis of Logs (PAL v2.7) to Baseline SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 Performance tracking.
- Created strategy to implement spanned DB backups for VLDB’s
- Implemented and Supported SQL Server 2012 Transactional Replication.
- Implemented SQL Server 2012 Extended Events to discover Long Running queries.
- Analysis of SQL Server 2016 Query Store to discover Query Plan Regressions.
- Created Multiple SSIS packages for LOB Reporting utilization with BIDS
Confidential, New York and Ohio
- Implemented Performance Management Data Warehouse in a SQL Server 2008 R2 Environment. Set up Instance Performance collectors and generated reporting.
- SQL Server Database Analyst Duties:
- DB Migration of SQL from 2000 to SQL 2005 and SQL 2008 R2.
- Mid Level SQL Database Administrator in a large team supporting hundreds of SQL servers from SQL 2000 through SQL 2008 R2.
- Built several SQL Server 2008 R2 Failover Cluster Environments.
- Supported High Availability SQL Server Principal/Mirror in Prod and DR.
- Supported VLDB in a SQL Log Shipping Configuration.
- Architected SQL Server SAN Storage design for Database Builds and VM’s
- Examined Backup reports and remediated failed Backups daily.
- Setup and Supported SQL Server 2012 Always-On for PROD/DR Failover Clusters
- Implemented and supported SQL Server Merge and Transactional Replication.
- Implemented SQL Server 2005 Partition Function/Schema on 400 Million row tables and optimized maintenance. Horizontally aligned tables improving performance.
- Examined SQL Server Query plans and T-SQL Efficiency
- Used SQL Server Profiler to examine long running queries
- Use Database Tuning Advisor to recommend Index table additions.
- Liaison with Application developers to promote Change Controls
- Supported full set of DEV, UAT and Performance Labs SQL servers.
- Developed SQL Server process documentation
- Functional Database Creation and Design in SQL Server 2008 R2
- Group Policy Object (GPO) administration, troubleshooting, and management
- Monitoring and reporting associated with the reliability and security of the domain
- Used the domain admin account only for actions that require the privilege level of this account
- Monitored changes to domain root and domain controllers OU to ensure Un-authorized changes do not occur
- Day-to-day management of domain controllers.
- Monitored connectivity, synchronization, replication, netlogon, time services, FSMO roles, schema, NTDS database partitions, DNS settings, SRV records, and trust relationships,
- Reviewed DC event and security logs and take corrective actions.
- Monitored and resolved security situations at all levels of domain to ensure stable and secure.
- Domain Controller Management.
- Created and managed directory infrastructure
- Included FSMO roles, trusts, Kerberos KDCs, replication topology, etc.
- Full disaster recovery plan and practice of DCs and core Directory objects.
- Production database Operations support Lead for Engineering, Architecture, Design, Implementation & Production Support for Central Technology Services Globally consisting of over 400 database instances, 6,000 databases & 45 applications spanned throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
- SQL Server Technologies Implemented and Supported across all SQL platforms (also SQL Server 2008 & 2008R2) including Replication (transactional, snapshot, merge, transactional with updatable subscriptions, filtered, customized), Log Shipping, Mirroring (Synchronous & Asynchronous with and without Witness), Snapshots, Backups (full, diff, transactional, mirrored, remote)
- Design, Development, Document & Implementation of all in-house inventory and compliance tracking system based on the IT Security Control Policy and SOX compliance standards that are utilized on all database servers.
- Lead the technical scope documentation and drove the process for the internal Database Audit
- Engineering, Architecture, Build, Implementation & Support for all SQL Server related projects from SAN or NAS storage layout, Database layout, Partitioning, Disaster Recovery, Archiving Solution, ETL, Warehouse Design and Creation & Documentation
- Project scope including SharePoint 2010 & 2007, Exchange 2007 & 2010, Blackberry, Vulcan Helpdesk Ticketing & Live Chat system, Quest ARS, XEN, RMS, Gen-Y, ESX, VDI, Citrix, LEOSTREAM
- Database Liaison for team with Microsoft, Chase SQL Server Engineering & Database Technology group consisting of Database Technical Leads across all lines of business in the firm.
- Level 3 support specialist for SQL Server 24x7 for the most difficult database issues or highest impact SQL issue to the firm.
- Technical Skill set in Performance Tuning on the fly, Troubleshooting skill set, Replication, Failover, Forced Recovery, Database Repair (all types and versions)
- Production database support for multiple lines of business in the firm including Investment Bank, Retail, Treasury and Security Services & Private Bank. Project implementation and 24x7 database operations and on call support.
- Supported MS SQL 2008 Backend SharePoint Databases in a Log Shopped DR Configuration.
- Construction and Management of multiple custom replication environments for various Line of Business; replication DR requirements exceeding 500-batch transaction per second.
- Managed and performed troubleshooting on all SQL Server 6.5, 7.0 and 2000 production server’s platforms totaling over 1000 user databases.
- Participate in multiple Business Unit Contingency plans, Disaster Recovery plans and Information Security plans for multiple Lines of Business.