Innovative senior information technology software engineer offering extensive expertise in systems engineering, SDLC, web applications, and database design, administration and analytics, with keen interest and in robotics, control systems, and automation. Proven leadership skills, developing and mentoring high - performing onshore and offshore teams to execute complex projects on time, on plan, and on budget. Thinks “outside the box,” coaching and mentoring direct reports, researching and resolving issues, and communicating with senior management to effect change. Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders and all organizational levels with tact and diplomacy.
Systems Development Database Design and Administration Web Platforms Robotics Team Leadership
Functional Skills: Systems Engineering, Software Development, Web Applications, Databases (Design, Administration, Analytics), Server Administration, Coding, Robotics, Control Systems, Automation, Project Management, Testing, Deployment,, Cross-Functional Team Leadership, Strategic Planning, Problem Solving, Data Analysis, Budgeting
Confidential, Portsmouth, RI
Senior Software Engineer\Team Lead
- Direct team of four and implement IT projects.
- Design new systems and features, overseeing requirements analysis, architecture, coding, database modifications, QA testing, deployment, and user .
- Manage database administration, including performance and tuning, backup and recovery, security, capacity planning, replication, disaster recovery planning, and 24/7 infrastructure support.
- Designed process to concurrently migrate two sets of SQL Server 2005 database servers on Windows 2008 servers, in different geographies, to SQL Server 2012 on Windows 2012 servers, utilizing merge replication between them.
- Led technical design and implementation of WordPress/MySQL web platform supporting several company sites, writing custom WordPress plugin, DNS, and facilitating Web Application Firewall (WAF) management.
- Researched, procured, and implemented Spiceworks helpdesk platform, all staff on problem reporting.
- Created standards for closed ticket notes that feed into knowledgebase for future by IT and staff.
- Managed SAP project to create boat handicap s used in regatta racing; architected and coded multi-step process to store data in servers, generate and execute input files for rating program, collect and store results, and generate handicap in English and Metric, with all results and s sent back to SAP system.
Confidential, Warwick, RI
Senior Database Administrator
- Managed multiple applications running on Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Analysis Server.
- Monitored and maintained all database and data warehouse activities, including performance and tuning, backups, log shipping, disaster recovery, SQL job execution, and disk space utilization.
- Handled alerts and notifications, capacity planning, and cluster management. Executed all DDL and DML requests.
- Coordinated offshore resources to ensure seamless 24/7 coverage, holding daily calls to plan work, discuss known issues, and strategize how/when to apply deployments or patches.
- Prepared and presented classes for SQL Server and Analysis Server for junior DBAs and new developers, mentoring students following class completion.
- Advised application developers on data retrieval and storage techniques, schema design, writing efficient T-SQL, creating stored procedures and triggers, creating tables, and applying indexes for best performance.
Confidential, Providence, RI
Senior Application Architect/Senior Database Administrator
- Orchestrated and led development team for custom web-based secured reporting system.
- Monitored and maintained all aspects of SQL Server environment for production, QA, and development.
- Designed and implemented solution to migrate two 1TB databases in different geographic locations with less than one hour of downtime.
- Worked with onshore and offshore teams to develop and generate custom web pages to replace thousands of individually written pages, resulting in easier scheduling and reporting abilities for end users.
Confidential, Waltham, MA
- Assigned to customer sites to provide professional services specializing in database design and administration for Microsoft products, services, software, and devices.
- Educated customers in Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF) concepts, enabling users to achieve mission-critical system reliability, availability, supportability, and manageability.
- Worked with client to identify standard Microsoft SQL Server target platform and automate upgrade process, ensuring enterprise-wide consistency of all migrated databases and servers.
- Designed and developed Configuration Management Database application (CMDB) submitted to Microsoft’s internal knowledge base, downloaded, and used/reused 50+ times worldwide.
- Lead database architect for design and implementation of database to support new medical package tracking patients’ clinical and financial data.