- IBM Certified Database Associate DB2 10.1 Fundamentals.
- 25 years experience in IT with z/OS Series IBM Mainframe Servers.
- 20 years experience with DB2, predominately in Database Administration.
- 15 years experience supporting and administering PeopleSoft HCM and Financials databases.
- Proficient in DB2 and Vendor Utilities, performance/administrative tools and DB2 Connect.
- Proficient in Logical and Physical Database Design, DB2 Performance and SQL Programming Language.
- Achieved significant resource savings for key database objects by developing an archival strategy.
- Achieved Advanced Communicator Gold and Advanced Leader Bronze in Toastmasters International.
- Passionate about the benefits of owning effective communication and leadership skills.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Lead Database Consultant
- Team Leader for database activities supporting PeopleSoft HCM and Financials product suites, as well as multiple Financial applications, running on DB2 z/OS version 11. This included successful planning, execution and implementation of multiple tax updates, product bundles and application customization projects of varying sizes and scope, as well as changes related to addressing performance, tuning and capacity opportunities.
- Spearheaded database activities during the PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 upgrade, achieving multiple technical and business objectives in addition to the successful implementation of the upgrade. This streamlined and improved the loading of the Open Enrollment rate tables and provided improved database support for the employee benefit and payroll tables, thus converting them from partitioning by range to by growth. This permitted the HR department to combine five separate companies into one for all employee processes with minimal impact to the affected payroll processes.
- Directed database activities during the PeopleTools 8.53 upgrade which resulted in installing new releases of the Phire project migration product and EDD navigation for employee portal product, as well as the 8.53 PeopleTools release being migrated to the HCM product version 9.0 release and the Financials product version 9.1 release. As a benefit of this project, PeopleSoft delivered temporary tables were moved from the delivered application tablespaces to their own individual databases resulting in improved performance and reduced processing time.
- Converted all supported DB2 application utility jobs to an agile database management methodology.
- Key contributor for all PeopleSoft HCM database activities.
- Oversaw the Enterprise DBA Team Disaster Recovery operations.
- Supported database changes for PeopleSoft HCM and EDD product suites through multiple projects and implementations, as well as changes identified by the DBA team as necessary for performance improvement.
- Analyzed and identified multiple tables in shared delivered PeopleSoft tablespaces where performance had presented a challenge due to volume of rows being much larger than other tables in those spaces, and moved them to individual tablespaces in PeopleSoft HCM suite to improve performance.
- Modified database refresh process for non - production environments from copying data from a production image copy to unloading the data directly from production, eliminating a recurring problem of broken data pages due to using DSN1COPY that was unsupported by IBM to copy the data to using reliable DB2 utilities to move the data from production to non-production.
- Implemented an agile database management approach to managing our DB2 Utilities using DB2 tables and REXX programs to take advantage of features provided with DB2 Real Time Statistics.
- Initiated and facilitated inaugural DB2 Users Group for HCSC IT Group employees.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Principal z/OS DB2 DBA and DB2 subject matter expert for DB2 z/OS Version 7 and 8 for Confidential account.
- Streamlined database activities for PeopleSoft HCM and Financials database environments.
- Administered data storage allocations in test and production environments by identifying opportunities for archiving or reducing databases via archival or removal of data.
- Collaborated with the Deposits application team to create 300 SQL Stored Procedures written using DB2 Stored Procedure Builder.
- Partnered with primary application developer to tune and improve performance of long-running queries for the retail banking application with a combination of high performance SQL and defining the proper indexes, resulting in dramatic improvement in the batch processing. ed December 2005 Excel for efforts during October 2005 implementation of z/OS DB2 components of Check Imaging project, providing Confidential Bank a competitive business advantage.
Confidential, Chicago/Hoffman Estates, IL
- Development DBA supported application design and testing efforts in preparation for production implementation.
- Off hours support of approximately 750 database objects in 4 regional production database environments. Activities included monitoring, tuning and improving performance.
- Supported multiple test database environments used for test and development activities.
- Created internally used programs to assist DBA team with improving performance and accuracy.