Technology enthusiast who likes to keep updated on latest offerings especially in Open Source world. 3 years of varied experience performing relational database administration/development, SQL Tuning, Production support for DB2 and CICS, Server administration.
Languages: COBOL, JCL, SQL, C++.
Databases: DB2 V10 for Z/OS, MongDB, SQL Server.
Operating Systems: Z/OS, Windows 7,Windows Server 2008/2012, RHEL 6, Suse Linux 11
Technologies: DB2 (V9, V10), CICS (V4.1), IBM Utilities, VSAM
Tools: FILEAID, CHANGEMAN, JOBTRAC, OMEGAMON for CICS/DB2, TSO, ISPF, $AVRS, CA Database Management Suite for Z/OS, CA OPS/MVS, IPCP, IBM Data Studio, SPUFI, QMF, BMC Remedy, DB2 Connect
Ms: Office, Lotus notes
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
Line of Business: Insurance
Line of Technology: Mainframe DB2 DBA
Lead DB2 Application Database Administrator
- Running IBM DB2 Utilities and CA Platinum Utilities
- Periodical checking of all DDL's for consistency across different environments
- Reviewing SQL’s for all new programs, supporting promotion and testing of code as it moves from QA, UAT, E2E and finally to PROD.
- Root - cause analysis of DB2 Production issues and providing permanent fixes.
- Performing upgrade for databases and various tools used on newer releases.
- Conducting learning sessions across teams for Improving competency on DB2
- Co-ordinating sessions between Application team, Data Modelling team and System DBA’s for improving processes.
- Logging Process Improvement techniques in internal database and sharing it across organisation
DB2 Production Database Administrator/ CICS Administrator
- Maintaining and upgrading Production Databases and related objects.
- Performing yearly Archival and Migration activities for different applications.
- Planning and Participating in Disaster Recovery Tests.
- Creating periodic reports for Historical Tracking and Performance Improvement.
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting Production DB2 Issues.
- Attending change control meetings and coordinate change implementation.
- Creating new CICS Regions and Defining Resource definitions for Applications online need.
- Upgrading CICS regions and vendor tools (Omegamon, IPCP, Xpeditor and Hiperstation) in CICS systems on newer releases.
- Establishing ISC & MRO connections between regions for Intersystem communication.
- File allocation and de-allocation through batch and online.
- Controlling CICS region through schedules created by using SSM (System Schedule Manager) and monitoring the Performance of CICS regions using Omegamon
- Troubleshooting CICS region issues and On-call support during off-hours.