Databases: MySQL, MS - SQL Server 2014, Oracle SQL Developer, Postgres, T-SQL
Tools: /Softwares: Talend Studio, SSIS, SSRS, Power BI, Qliksense, Tableau, Informatica, AWS, Net Beans, Eclipse, STS, Wrangler, Azure Machine Learning Studio, Toad Data Modeler, RStudio, JIRA, HP QC 10
Programming Skills: Java, R, Python
Functional Skills: Agile Methodology
Software Engineer Intern
- Developed, reviewed and executed manual Test Cases in HP-QC for ISO and multiple insurance line of business.
- Created advanced Excel functions to generate spreadsheets and pivot tables for daily status reporting purposes.
- Contributed to the delivery of including assembly level and end to end functional level testing of SQL packages/ procedures, reports and dashboards with zero post production defects.
Senior Software Engineer
- Interacted with business users to develop customized reports & dashboards for e-commerce, insurance and sales applications using BI tools like Tableau.
- Extracted, compiled and tracked data using SSIS and analysed data to generate reports on daily, weekly, monthly basis.
- Created a SharePoint for the internal use of the client using SSRS containing the Power BI reports and published reports.
- Optimised business objects by creating SQL functions and procedures in MS SQL Server which lead to increase in performance by reducing the time taken to display the requested data for reports and dashboards.
- Drafted, debugged complex MySQL queries to support adhoc business requests for end-to-end ETL validation.
- Defined source to target data mappings and data definitions for ETL jobs assisting the development by 85%.
- Performed regular backup and maintenance of database including restoring, cloning, tablespace management, archiving and review of error logs for potential problems.
Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
- Created a data warehouse and loaded the data warehouse from different data sources(SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, flat files) into SQL server using Talend Enterprise Data Integration tool and SSIS. Created Slowly Changing Dimensions for unit prices and unit costs that changed independently 3 times in two year’s time period.
- Loaded the rejection records and tracked the reasons for rejections and performed BI analysis for trending, ranking, comparison, contribution and geomap analysis using various tools like Power BI, Tableau, Qlik Sense.
- Developed a model in R and Azure Machine Learning Studio to analyze and predict if a given customer is loyal based on behavioral input parameters and achieved an accuracy of 67%.
- Developed a web application in Spring-MVC, Hibernate and integrated it with AMLS using REST API to deploy the prediction model using AWS.
- Performed various analysis and visualizations using Tableau.
- Performed product recommendations to the users based on Mahout Recommendation library and built Hadoop Distributed cluster of 4 servers using AWS EC2 instances for MapReduce Operations.