- Around 8 years of professional experience as Microsoft SQL Server Developer in the analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, and maintenance of application systems in Client Server environments.
- Hands on Experience in Installing, Configuring, Managing, Monitoring and Troubleshooting SQL Server 2008/2005 and SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) and SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services).
- Extensive knowledge in T - SQL queries (DDL and DML) and construction of complex queries involving multiple tables to create and maintain database objects like Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, Triggers, Views, Indexes.
- Expert in creating simple and parameterized reports and also complex reports involving Sub Reports, Matrix/Tabular Reports, Charts and Graphs using SSRS in Business intelligence development studio (BIDS).
- Highly skilled in Database designing and creating Indexes, planning and implementing Server Security and authentication, develop Queries and T-SQL Scripts in MS SQL 2005/2008/2012.
- Excellent skills in High Level Design Development and implementing ETL packages using SSIS 2012/2008/2005 for integrating data between heterogeneous sources (SQL Server, Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text file, Teradata) by using multiple transformations available in SSIS toolbox such as lookup, Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, Merge, fuzzy lookup and Union all.
- Experience in Creating, Populating and maintaining Data marts. Thorough knowledge of Features, Structure, Attributes, Hierarchies, Star and Snow Flake Schemas of Data Marts.
- Good Knowledge in designing reports of all types in SSRS, like Ad-hoc Reports, Drill-Down Reports, Drill-Through Reports, Matrix Reports, Pivot and Tabular reports to match the needs of the end users.
- Excellent understanding of Relational Database Systems, Normalization and Logical and Physical data modeling.
- Expertise in Performance Tuning and Query Optimization.
- Experience in maintaining Error Logging using Exceptional Handling in T-SQL and MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Good knowledge on BAT Scripts.
- Good Knowledge on Error handling, Performing Incremental Loads and Logging Operations using SSIS.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem solving skills, with a high degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Programming Languages: C, C++, C#, VB.NET
- RDBMS: MS SQL Server 2012/2008-R2/2008/2005/2000, MS Access 2010/2007/2003/2000/97, Oracle 10g/9i, DB2
- Query Language: T-SQL, PL/SQL, MDX
- Markup Language: XML, XSD, HTML
- Utility Tools: MS Project 2000, Toad, SQL Loader, DB visualize, Rapid SQL
- Application Software: MS Office 2010/2007/2003/2000/97, Open Office and WPS office
- SQL Server Tools: Server Management Studio, Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, Profiler Export & Import (DTS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Operating Systems: Win XP, Win 2003/2008/2012 Server, Win 7/8/10
Confidential, Madison, WI
SQL Server Developer/SSIS/SSS
- Created new databases, tables, stored procedures, Triggers, Views, Cursors, Indexes and User Defined functions to store and retrieve the data.
- Created stored procedures, which returns the information of the customers based on identification number Defined Check constraints, Business Rules, Indexes, and Views on tables.
- Designed SSIS Packages to transfer data from various sources like Text Files, XML Files, Databases and Excel to SQL Server 2012
- Performed data conversions from flat files into a normalized database structure.
- Migrated data from SQL server to excel files for reporting the data available.
- Developed Ad hoc request/reports as per their requirements using SSRS.
- Developed Cascading, Parameterized reports using Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Perform Full Backups, differential and Transactional Log Backups. Restore them whenever necessary; creating back up strategies and scheduling them for execution.
- Managed and monitored the system utilization by using the query optimizer and checking the execution plan and worked in Enterprise Manager for job scheduling.
- Scheduled and monitored all maintenance activities of SQL Server 2012 including database consistency checks and index defragmentation.
- Generated and debugged complex stored procedures for performance tuning and optimization.
- Responsible for Performance tuning and optimizing indexes, SQL queries, stored procedures to improve the quality of databases.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, Windows 7, MS Excel, MS Access.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr. SQL Server Developer
- Designed and implemented tables, functions, stored procedures and triggers in SQL Server 2008.
- Extensively used Joins and sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables from different databases.
- Extract Transform and Load (ETL) source data into respective target tables to build the required data marts.
- Participated in implementing the logical design to the physical design by creating tables.
- Created Data sets in T-SQL, stored procedures for SSRS.
- Created Reports in SSRS with different type of properties like Chart controls, filters, Interactive sorting, SQL parameters etc.
- Created parameterized reports, Cross-Tab reports, Drill down reports & Summary reports Ad hoc Reports by Using SSRS.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SQL Server BIDS.
Confidential, Erie, PA
SQL Server Developer/SSIS/SSRS
- Participated in gathering the business requirements and Database Specifications.
- Filtered and cleansed bad data from legacy system using complex T- SQL statements in staging area, and implemented various constraints and triggers for data consistency.
- Involved in Data Base Normalization.
- Involved in creating database design to fit new business requirement into SQL Server 2005.
- Created indexes for better performance.
- Tested the data with complex queries, joins and sub queries.
- Implemented stored procedures and functions to meet the dynamic nature of SSIS packages and SSRS Reports existing software application requirements.
- Created dynamic packages in SSIS to meet the requirements and created Database Maintenance Plans for the various data Sources and centralizing the data using SSIS.
- Created SSIS package to load data from Flat File to Flat File and Flat File to SQL Server using Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term Extraction, Aggregate, Pivot transformation and Un-pivot Transformation.
- Created scripts to verify and reconcile the migrated data from legacy system to SQL Server.
- Involved in Performance Tuning for rebuilding Indexes.
- Designed, deployed, and maintained various SSRS Reports in SQL Server 2008.
- Identified the Measures and Dimensions from the Excel Sheet.
- Developed Tabular, Drill down, parameterized, cascaded and sub-reports using SSRS.
- Scheduled Reports to run the reports Hourly, Daily, Monthly According to End user requirements.
- Created standard and data driven Subscription, used report manager for securities.
Environment: SQL Server 2008, SSIS, SSRS, Query Analyzer, Index Tuning Wizard-SQL, MS Excel, MS Access.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Developed packages according to the ETL specifications for the staging area & warehouse data loading using SQL Server Integration Services & SQL Server 2008.
- Imported Source/Target tables from the respective databases by using Execute Package Task & Control Tasks in SQL Server 2005 Integration services.
- Used transformations like Derive Column, Conditional Split, Aggregate, Lookup and sort and execute SQL Task to load data into Data Warehouse.
- Prepared Unit Test Specification Requirements.
- Wrote T-SQL Queries using Joins Inner Join, Outer join, Self-Join
- Good Knowledge on Optimizing SSIS Packages.
- Created different types of Tables, Metrics, Parameterized reports using SSRS.
Environment: SQL Server 2008, SSIS, SSRS, MS Excel, MS Access.
- Created, manipulated and supported the SQL Server databases.
- Created tables, indexes, sequences, constraints, triggers and stored procedures.
- Developed Sub Reports, Matrix Reports, Charts, and Drill down reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience in creating Ad hoc reports Using Report Builder 1.0.
- Experience in migrating existing DTS packages to SSIS packages using SSIS services.
- Designed DTS packages for the data transfer from the customer feedback to databases for various purposes.
- Designed and developed SSIS packages, stored procedures, configuration files, tables, views, and functions; implemented best practices to maintain optimal performance.
- Created SSIS packages for File Transfer from one location to the other using FTP task and designed SSIS packages to extract data from flat files and oracle database.
- Used DDL and DML for writing triggers, stored procedures, and data manipulation.
- Imported & Exported data from one server to other servers using tools like Data Transformation Services (DTS).
- Wrote T-SQL statements for retrieval of data and involved in performance tuning of TSQL queries.
- Analyzed requirements, designed, developed, deployed and documented software components.
- Worked closely with other software engineers, QA and Support groups as well as Retail Business and Operations groups to develop top quality products to solve actual business and technology problems.
- Extensive experience in data migration between homogenous and heterogeneous system using various tools (Data Transformation Services (DTS), BCP, SSIS).
- Experienced in Extraction Transformations and Loading (ETL) tools like Data Transformation Services (DTS) and SSIS.
- Worked on optimization and tuning of SQL queries and indexes.
- Created matrix reports, drill down reports and developed reports with graphs using SSRS.
- Created, maintained, modified, and optimized SQL Server databases and database security.
- Worked with ADO.NET objects to connect to the database.
- Created/developed/maintained the stored procedures, view, triggers to interpret complex business rules, history data and audit analysis
- Scheduled jobs and setup maintenance plans for monitoring the performance of SQL Server databases.
Environment: SQL Server 2005, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Windows 2000 platform