- Experienced DBA with high availability (HA) multi - instance installations, Failover Clustered Active/Active Instances (FCIs), AlwaysOn Database Availability Groups, server and database performance tuning, mirroring, log shipping, reporting.
- Administer SQL Server instances, databases, performance monitor and enhancements.
- Diagnose and resolve problems in response to customer reported incidents and proactive monitoring for potential problems for SQL server instances and databases.
- Analysis and planning for anticipated changes in data capacity requirements.
- Review project requirements in focusing objectives of the business, application, data, and performance.
- Implement high availability solutions using active/active clustering, database availability groups, mirroring, log shipping.
- Utilization of performance tools, performance monitor(Perfmon),, SQL Server Profiler, Database Tuning Advisor, MS-SQL best practice analyzer (BPA), SolarWinds. Dynamic Management Views.
- Implement SQL Server maintenance jobs for database/transaction log backups, index defragmentation / rebuild, statistics update, database integrity checks.
- Focused on timely service delivery for issues impacting production systems.
- Coordination of active projects, maintenance, hardware and software updates.
- Experienced in problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
MS: SQL Server / 2008 R2 / 2005 Enterprise, SQL Profiler, Database Tuning Advisor, Activity Monitor, Performance Monitor(Perfmon), Data Collector, Extended Events Manager, MS-SQL Best Practice Analyzer, SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL, SQLCMD, SQLIO; SQL Azure, SolarWinds
Operating Systems: Window Server 2012, 2008, VMware 5/4, RedHat Linux, Windows 7/XP
Software: Lite Speed, Backup Exec, Avamar, SolarWinds, MS Visio, MS Office, Remedy, Service Center
Confidential, Garden City, NY
SQL Server DBA
- Provided production support for all SQL servers versions 2014/2012/2008 R2
- Migrated Production SQL Servers 2008R2 to SQL Server 2014/2012, including user databases, logins, database permissions, linked servers, alerts, SQL jobs, database mail.
- Installed SQL Server 2014/2012 servers taking in account optimum server design.
- Separating user database and log files on separate dedicated LUNs.
- Placement of tempdb and log files on separate dedicated LUNs.
- Creation of multiple tempdb files to utilize Max Degree of Parallel (MaxDoP).
- Setting Min/Max server memory threshold for optimum memory management.
- Implemented maintenance jobs for database integrity checks, index reorganize / rebuilds, statistics update, nightly backups of user databases and transaction logs.
- Setup server alerts for job completion and failures, critical server / database related alerts.
- Review of SQL / Windows server logs, maintenance jobs, database and log growth events.
- Performance optimization using DMVs for wait stats, query execution plans analysis.
- Utilized performance monitoring tools, Profiler, Database Tuning Advisor(DTA), Performance Monitor(Perfmon).
- Implemented database high availability / disaster recovery solutions using log shipping, database mirroring, server clustering.
- Implemented SQL Server Alerts for server/database critical errors across all servers.
- Implemented SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS) including migrating SSRS to new higher version SQL instances.
Confidential, Weehawken, N.J
SQL Server DBA
- Migration of SQL databases from SQL 2008/2005 to SQL 2012 to new production servers.
- Deployment of SQL Server 2012 Always on Cluster and Database Availability Groups.
- Backup/restore of databases using CommVault and native backup utilities.
- Decommission of migrated SQL server clusters and databases.
- Patching of servers 2012/2008 running in AlwaysOn Clusters and Availability Groups.
- Providing operational support to production support services.
- Reporting on daily task status for database and instance migration for datacenter move.
- Creation of T-SQL scripts to monitor index fragmentation and statistics update.
- Implement Log shipping, database mirroring, SQL server clustering.
SQL Server DBA
- Deployed MS-SQL 2012 active/active cluster supporting MS-SharePoint content databases.
- Created design document and procedure to replace SAN storage LUNs on production cluster for SQL server 2012 active/active and AlwaysOn instances.
- Created database maintenance jobs for database backups, TLogs, Index defragmentation rebuilds and statistics updates, database integrity checks, job history maintenance.
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2012/2008R2 / 2005 Reporting and Analysis Services.
- Analyzed SQL server logs, SQL server agent jobs, resolved issues for blocking, deadlocks, high CPU, Memory and I/O utilization.
- Performed performance analysis using dynamic management views(DMVs), Perfmon, SQL Profiler, SQL Query Analyzer and database tuning advisor.
- Configured linked servers to run queries against oracle databases.
Confidential, NYC, NY
SQL Server DBA
- Support of production SQL servers, administration, project implementation, helpdesk.
- Worked with windows admin group to setup windows active passive SQL Cluster.
- Performed routine maintenance, including backup & recovery for SQL server 2008 R2/ SQL 2005 servers, database security administration, SQL server instance availability.
- Created maintenance plans for backups, index reorganize / rebuild, statistics update, database integrity checks.
- Implemented database log shipping and database mirroring for mission critical databases.
- Deployed scripts on production server using batches as per client request.
- Installed and configured SQL Server additional components for SSIS(integration services), SSRS(reporting services), SSAS(analysis services)
- Daily monitoring of SQL Server jobs failures, errors, space usage, database and log growth.
Confidential, NY, NY
SQL Server DBA
- Installed and configured SQL server 2005 instances, applied latest service packs, hot fixes.
- Implemented SQL Server 2005 cluster hardware, implemented SQL Server database replication, mirroring, log shipping for high availability.
- Created maintenance plans for database/log backups, index reorganize / rebuild, statistics update, database integrity checks.
- Used SQL Profiler and performance monitor to trace database performance issues.
- Setup and configured SSRS (reporting services) for business.
- Installed database mirroring in high performance (synchronous mode) to avoid downtime.
- Configured and monitored snapshot, transactional and merge replication.
- Supported SQL Server production & pre-production release roll-outs.
SQL Server DBA
- Upgraded SQL 2000 servers to SQL 2005 servers, applied service packs and hot fixes.
- Daily monitoring of SQL Server jobs failures, error logs, space usage, and security.
- Configured log shipping and mirroring between production and DR servers.
- Created SQL transactional backup strategy for production and dev environments.
- Created disaster recovery documentation for production servers, backup/restore methods for server and database recovery. Participated in disaster recovery exercises.
- Improved database performance using SQL Profiler, database tuning analyzer, execution plans and I/O performance monitor counters.
- Created maintenance plans for database/log backups, integrity checks, index rebuild, index defragmentation and statistics update.