- A Microsoft Certified Professional with 7 years of extensive experience in Database Solutions and BI Solutions usingMicrosoftTechnologies.
- Extensive experience in Data Modeling, Design, Development, Implementation & Maintenance of Database systems using MSSQL 2005/2008/2014 forboth OLTP (Batch Processing, Online Processing) & OLTP (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS).
- Experience in database programming in writing Stored procedures, User Defined Data Types, Triggers, Constraints, Indexes, CTEs and Batch Scripts using T - SQL/PL-SQL.
- Very good knowledge in designing database objects like Tables, Views, Constraints, Indexes and defaults.
- Experience in Writing Complex T-SQL Queries, Dynamic-queries, Sub-queries, Co-related sub queries, Complex joins.
- Excellent knowledge of performance tuning in tuning stored procedures, Queries using tools like SQL Profiler, Database Tuning Advisor, Execution Plans, DMV’s.
- Experienced in creating SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, ConditionalSplit, Bulk Insert, merge and union all etc.
- Strong knowledge and experience in error handling of SSIS packages using transactions, check points (package restart ability features), break points and error logging procedures.
- Experienced in Huge data migrations, huge data transfers, ETL processes using SSIS, DTS for Data warehouse implementation Projects involving conversion of data from heterogeneous sources like DB2, and Oracle.
- Highly experienced in full cycle of DTS/SQL server integration services (SSIS 2005/2008/2014 ) Packages (Developing, Scheduling, Configuring, Troubleshooting and monitoring) for performing data transfers and ETL Purposes across different servers.
- Experience in conversion of packages from legacy systems (DTS to SSIS) and migrating, deploying the packages across Dev/UAT/Prod environments.
- Experience in Performance Tuning in SSIS packages by using Row Transformations, Block and Unblock Transformations.
- Extensive working experience in Normalization and De-Normalization techniques for both OLTP and OLAP systems.
- Experienced in Installation, Configuration, Development, Deployment and Troubleshoot Reporting services using SSRS 2005/2008/2014 across various environments.
- Expert in designing Enterprise reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS 2005/ 2008/2012/2014 ) and Excel Pivot based on OLAP cubes which make use of multiple value selection in Parameters pick list, cascading prompts, matrix dynamics reports and other features of reporting service.
- Experience in creatingSSRS projects and reports in BIDS, sort and toggle object visibility to modified report, created report schedules and subscriptions.
- Expert and proficient in highly analytical & detailed reports that include drilldown, drill through, parameterized (Cascading parameters), Summary, OLAP, cross tab, linked and sub reports,filters, charts in SSRS 2005/ 2008/2012/2014 .
- Extensive experience in SQLServer Analysis Services OLAP Cubes, and Data Mining.
- Experienced in developing OLAP cubes using SSAS 2008/2012/2014 , calculating measures, measure groups and dimension members in SQL Server Analysis Services using multi-dimensional expression (MDX), mathematical formulae, and user-defined functions.
- Good knowledge of Data Marts, Data warehousing, Operational Data Store (ODS), OLAP, Physical & Logical Data Modeling- Relational, Multi-Dimensional Modeling Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling DSV diagrams, Fact and Dimensions Tables using Analysis Services.
- Experience in developing Cubes using SQL server Analysis Services (SSAS) and Experience in Developing and Extending OLAP Cubes, Dimensions and data source views.
- Excellent knowledge in RDBMS concepts.
RDBMS: MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 R2/2012/2014, MS Access 2005/2008/2010 , Oracle 10g/11g
BI Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server IntegratingServices (SSIS), SQL Server Analytical Services (SSAS), Data Transformation Services (DTS), Visual Studio, BIDS, Team Foundation Server (TFS).
Operating Systems: Windows 2003/2007/2010/2013 , Windows 7 8/NT/XP/Professional, Linux, MS DOS.
T: SQL, PL/SQL, MDX, VB Script, C, C++, HTML, XML, DHTML
Application Packages: MS Office, MS Outlook (Microsoft Office Suite), MS Visio.
Confidential, Houston, TX
SQL / BI DEVELOPER
- Involved in various Transformation and data cleansing activities using various Control flow and data flow tasks in SSIS packages during data migration.
- Creating SQL Server Agent Jobs to maintain and run various SSIS packages periodically or as scheduled.
- Worked on different kinds of Transformations in SSIS and processed Loads into Staging/ODS areas.
- Implemented Error Logging using Event Handlers and also implemented logging in SSIS Packages.
- Created SSIS package to check XML file validation and data validation to match the requirements.
- Created SSIS Packages to load data to the Staging DB and from Staging DB to the Destination DB with necessary modification to the data by using different tasks.
- Wrote new Stored Procedures for new system and optimized old Store Procedures and Functions on Production Server.
- Developed reports from OLAP cubesand deployed them using Reporting Services.
- Created reports using stored procedure. Involved in scheduling, creating snapshots and subscriptions for the reports.
- Designed large number of reports using table filters, single value parameters, multi value parameters, dependent parameters and Cascading Parameters.
- Worked on all types of report types like tables, matrix, charts, sub reports etc.
- Used Team Foundation Server (TFS) for source control, and data collection.
- Created Linked reports, Ad-hoc reports etc. based on the requirement. Linked reports are created in the Report Server to reduce the repetition of reports.
- Generated various reports with drilldowns, calculated members, dropdowns from the cubes by connecting to analysis server from SSRS.
- Configured the report viewing security for various users at various levels using Report Manager.
- Used Execution Plan, SQL Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Advisor to optimize queries and enhance the performance of databases.
Environment: SQL Server 2014,SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, T-SQL, SQL Profiler,MS Excel, MS Outlook, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Windows Server 2010.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
SQL DEVELOPER / SSIS /SSRS
- Created Joins, Views, Stored Procedures, Functions and Triggers and also scripted Sub Queries using T-SQL involving multiple numbers of tables.
- Created database maintenance planner for the performance of SQL Server, which covers Database integrity checks and re-indexing.
- Applied schema change scripts to existing objects to synchronize with changing business rules by adding or enhancing relevant entities/tables, columns etc.
- Performance tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures using SQL Profiler and Index Tuning Wizard.
- Creating packages to Extract, Transform and Load data using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) into local databases to facilitate reporting operations.
- Developed SSIS Packages to populate Data Mart from various types of sources files (EXCEL, Access, Flat files, CSVs, OLEDB Sources).
- Worked on various tasks and transformations like Execute SQL Task, Execute Package Task, and Conditional split, Script Component, Merge and Lookup while loading the data into Destination.
- Developing OLAP cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) by identifying tables (fact and dimension), Data Source and Data Source Views, attributes and dimension members.
- Extensively involved in SSAS storage and partitions, and aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, Data Mining Models, developing reports using MDX and SQL.
- Used Report Manager to Configure report execution properties, report history, and report parameters.
- Designed Dashboards with all kinds of charts (Bar/Line charts, Heat maps, Area charts).
- Involved in Creating Complex ad-hoc Reports, Sub Reports, Linked Reports, Charts, Drill through Report Models and Drill down Reports.
- Deploying and scheduling Reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Reports including current status.
- Involved in creating report datasets and using stored procedure parameters in SSRS.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, SSIS/SSAS/SSRS 2012, T-SQL, Visual Studio 2008/2010, SQL Server Profiler, Dashboard, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS).
Confidential, Barrington IL
SQL / BI DEVELOPER
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, Views and SQL Joins and other statements to maintain referential integrity and also implemented complex business logic.
- Developed the SSIS packages with different transformations, precedence constraints, configuration settings, check points and security levels while gathering data from different sources.
- Worked on SSIS performance tuning using counters, error handling, event handling, re-running of failed SSIS packages using checkpoints.
- Designed and Developed SSIS Packages using various Control Flow and Data Flow items to Transform and Load the Data from various Databases.
- Created SSIS packages to extract data from OLTP to OLAP systems and scheduled jobs to call the packages.
- Used various control flow tasks like FTP, Bulk insert task, Transfer job task and different data flow tasks.
- Developed Cubes using SQL Analysis Services (SSAS) and Dimensions using cube wizard and also Generated Named calculations and named queries.
- Created Ad Hoc reports by building models in Report Builder using SSRS Model Designer and Report Builder.
- Experienced in building MDX queries and DMX (Data Mining Expression) queries for Analysis Services & Reporting Services.
- Used various types of report layout options like charts (bars, lines, pie etc...), images, graphs, sub reports, hyperlinks etc. to make them more attractive and understandable.
- Deployed and generated reports on to the server using the Reporting Services Report Manager.
- Worked with various Delivery mechanisms of Reports including Email /PDF/Schedules etc.
Environment: T-SQL, PL/SQL, MS SQL Server 2012, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), MS Excel, Windows XP.
Confidential, New York
SQL / SSIS DEVELOPER
- Wrote various kinds of DDL and DML statements for creation of database objects including Tables, Views, Stored Procedures and Indexes.
- Developed SQL Queries to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using joins, database links and formatted the results into reports and kept logs.
- Implementing Backups and restoring when necessary.
- Worked on monitoring and tuning of SQL scripts. Created upgrade scripts for production database and supported it.
- Used SQL Profiler to monitor the server performance, debug T-SQL and slow running queries.
- Created ETL packages with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, Excel source files, XML files etc.) and then loaded the data into destination tables by performing different kinds of transformations using SSIS packages.
- Created SSIS packages to clean and load data to data warehouse and package to transfer data between OLTP and OLAP databases.
- Developed SSIS packages using Lookup Transformations, Merge Joins, Fuzzy Look Ups, and Derived Columns with Multiple Data Flow tasks.
- Involved in writing multiple reports incorporating business logic and user requirement.
- Created Parameterized Queries , generated Tabular reports , Sub reports, Cross Tabs, Drill down reports using Expressions, Functions, Charts, Maps, Sorting the data, Defining Data sources and Subtotals for the reports using SSRS.
Environment: Windows server 2008/2008R2, MS SQL Server 2008/2008R2, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), BIDS, Microsoft Outlook, Team Foundation Server (TFS).
Confidential, Birmingham, AL
SQL / BI Developer
- Developed Stored Procedures, Functions to support front end applications data interactions, validations.
- Created ETL packages by extracting data from different sources, like flat files or excel files, and loading data into data warehouse by using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Scheduled Jobs for executing the stored SSIS packages which were developed to update the database on Daily basis using SQL Server Agent .
- Worked on migrating Legacy DTS Packages (ETL) to the new SQL Server Integration Services SQL 2008 (SSIS) format.
- Extensively used SSIS transformations such as Lookup, Derived column, Data conversion, Aggregate, Conditional split, SQL task, Script task and Send Mail task etc.
- Installation and configuration of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2008.
- Created Tabular reports, Cross Tab Reports, Matrix, Sub Reports and Parameterized reports.
- Designed and developed Drill down and Drill Through reports with Drop down menu option using SSRS.
- Created Linked reports, Ad-hoc reports etc. based on the requirement.
- Developed Chart Reports, Drill Through Reports, Master Detail Reports and Multiple Reports.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2, Excel, T-SQL, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, SQL Reporting Services, SQL integration services.
- Created new database objects like Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in Development and Production environment for SQL Server 2008.
- Performed Installation and Configuration of SQL Server 2008 with latest Service Packs.
- Supporting the existing jobs and the processes.
- Creating and Managing of database objects like Tables, views, stored procedures, indexes.
- Involved in Normalization and De-Normalization of existing tables for faster query retrieval.
- Writing complex stored procedures and User defined functions and enforced business rules via Checks and Constraints.
- Have used BCP to transfer data from and to SQL server database.
- Extracted data from Txt/CSV/XML/Oracle/DB2 to SQL server.
- Performed data conversion from flat file into a normalized database structure.
- Maintain referential integrity, domain integrity and column integrity by using the available options such as constraints stored procedures and triggers.
- Involved in activities like Backup and restoring databases, Security, job scheduling.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008, T-SQL.