Software engineer with 29+ years of experience in various computer languages and SDLC - flexible to fulfill other roles like data and information architect even BIM API support for CAD software. Proven ability to identify business process improvements creating a competitive advantage. Excellent analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills. Known for providing outstanding customer service.
Proficient in: VBA for both Excel/Access, VB.NET, HTML, C#, T-SQL
Familiar with: Java, XAML, PHP, HTML5, Revit API, Agile Methodology
Database: Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, MySQL and AS400, PostgreSQL, Oracle
Applications: Autodesk Revit, Autodesk Architecture, Microsoft Visual Studio, Adobe Acrobat Pro, FileMaker, Bluebeam, Microsoft Sharepoint
- Provided accounting with dynamic method of sending Excel PM reports on a monthly basis.
- Reduced the time from 4-6 hours to 2 minutes using Excel VBA.
- Moved several Microsoft Access databases to SQL Server 2012 and converted front-end to talk to SQL Server using SSIS for the conversion, SSMS to allow for remote connections and created reports with SSRS.
- Combined data from two separate database sources
- Cosential which uses Oracle (Marketing dept) with Confidential (SQL Server - Accounting dept.) to produce various financial statements like a pro-forma forecast.
- Created a Visual Studio solution that could read an entire PDF of medical equipment cut sheets and parse out into individual PDFs as separate files labeled as their unique identifier. Also, inserted text label in that PDF with their item ID to each data sheet perspective of the cover sheet.
- Produced Revit API tools using WinForms with VB.NET that copied in architecture rooms from background drawing and used Excel to load in parameter values. Later such tools were converted over to C#.
- Created iPhone / iPad app that connected employees to client contact information using FileMaker Server based on services type
- Supported MacBook Pro machines and networking.
- Constructed dynamic reports that connected Revit BIM drawings to both either an Access database or SQL Server that dealt with client budget costs and storage of furniture and medical equipment standards.
- Built a dynamic code generation tool to speed up development of programming code based on options stored in a database.
- Created a tool that could sort and rename thousands of drawing sheet PDF files per ADA standards.
- Established a database change report between two separate archived Microsoft Access databases. It displayed both before and after values and created itself dynamically after having the user browse out to the location of each file using Access VBA.
- Provided a collation process of data sheet and cut sheet reports that took the process of building an equipment planning medical book from 2 ½ days to under an hour. The company was able to hire three full time managers with the time savings and made $4,000,000 in profit that year.
- Set up template of combination of reports per building phase so print out equipment planning books did not have to be selected each time.
- Had dashboard system in place to identify whether user was necessary or a new feature needed to be implemented before the user could report an error occurred.
Warehouse Database Administrator
- Developed Visual Basic programs that sent Access database results to Excel spreadsheets and graphs thus reducing paperwork workload from three people to one person.