- Over 1 years of experience as Data analyst with strong expertise in Tableau, Business analysis requirements gathering, Gap analysis, Business intelligence reporting and project management.
- Experience in working with Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, and Tableau Reader in various versions of Tableau 10.X/9.x/8.x/7. X
- Experience as Tableau Admin in installation, configuration, Patching and upgrading of Tableau tool across all environments.
- Involved in the process of Tableau security by customizing the access levels and creating various user groups by assigning row and column level security at application level, folder level and user level.
- Good experience in data transformation, data mapping from source to target database schemas and data cleansing and in coding SQL/PL SQL using Procedures, Triggers and Packages.
- Experience in creating functional/technical specifications, data design documents based on the requirements and implementing Data warehousing solutions involving Dimension modelling and Snow flake schema implementation.
- Experience in all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including Requirements, Specifications Analysis/ Design and Testing.
- Experienced in data modelling including data validation/scrubbing and operational assumptions and Generating Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services
- Worked with teams in connecting Data Warehouses to Tableau Desktop for performing scalable and efficient complex data analysis ranging from what - if scenarios, A/B testing, Performance tuning.
- Hands-on with creating solution driven views and dashboards by developing different chart types including Heat/Tree/Geo Maps, Line/Bar/Pie Charts, Scatter Plots, and Bullet Graphs in all Tableau Desktop versions.
- Experience in developing optimized and advanced SQL queries using Stored Procedures PL/SQL, triggers, Analytical Functions.
- Hands on Data Ranking, Row to Column and Column to Row level transformations, Hierarchical Querying, Data Manipulation like multi table inserts, Data Merging, KPI and Table partitioning and generating automated reports.
DBMS: MS-SQL Server 2008/2014, PL/SQL
Languages: Embedded C, Basics of C, OOPS
Operating Systems: Windows 9x/2000/XP/vista/7/8, Mac OS-X, Linux (Beginner).
Tools: /IDE: Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, JIRA, Visual Studio, SSMS.
Packages: MS Office Suite, MS-Visio, MS-Project
Technical Skills: Project Management, Agile methodology, Six Sigma, Operations management, Requirement analysis, Business Intelligence reporting, Business Analysis. SDLC
Data Analyst/Tableau Desktop
- Involved in reviewing business requirements and analyzing data sources from Excel/Oracle SQL Server for design, development, testing, and production rollover.
- Worked with internal IT resources to communicate both technical and non-technical requirements, proposed solution architecture, and supported implementation of new features and system upgrades.
- Developed test cases and technical requirements and maintain systems and provided overall support to internal and external customers.
- Performed data analysis and data profiling using complex SQL on various sources systems and created SQL scripts to find data quality issues and to identify keys, data anomalies, and data validation issues.
- Created, modified, refreshed and formatted pivot tables and charts using worksheet data and external resources.
- Involved in creating a dual-axis bar chart with multiple measures in Tableau.
- Experience in designing and development of Tableau visualization solutions and Created Business requirement documents and plans for creating dashboards.
- Created Bullet graphs to determine profit generation by using measures and dimensions data from Oracle, SQL Server and MS Excel.
- Projected and forecasted future growth in terms of number of subscribers based on upgrading to LTE by developing Area Maps to show details on which states were connected the most.
- Blended data from multiple databases into one report by selecting primary keys from each database for data validation.
- Developed story telling dashboards in Tableau Desktop and published them on to Tableau Server, which allowed end users to understand the data on the fly with the usage of quick filters for on demand needed information.
- Participated in meetings, reviews, and user group discussions as well as communicating with stakeholders and business groups.
- Experience working closely with the QA testing team and defect tracking.
- Performed data analysis for the existing data warehouse and changed the internal schema for performance.
- Built risk templates for team members to enhance the business risk framework of Asset Management Services.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 7 & 8.1, Tableau Server, MS Office Suite, MS Access, PL/SQL, MS SQL Server 2008,10, Visual studio, MS SharePoint, MS Visio.
INTERN, Advanced Embedded Programmer
- Understand Embedded Systems and was exposed to work on different architectures
- Coded for special applications using Embedded C.
- Trained in using KEIL software and experience with Assembly Language for ARM, 8051 Microprocessors, Analog Signal Processing.
- Worked on sensor integrated circuits.