- Senior database administrator and Engineer with over 15 years experience in relational and non - relational database platforms and key stores on both native and virtual environments.
- Focused on high-availability and fault tolerance for application data.
- Looking to get more hands-on experience with new and emerging technologies.
- VMware ESXi, GSX, Workstation, Standard server
- Amazon EC2
- Amazon RDS
- Linux vserver
- MongoDB Compass
- NoSQL frontend to MySQL
- R1Soft Backup solutions
- Tungsten products including clustering and replication
- Geo-replication Add-on for mysql (met with facebook team for discussion)
- Net/Free BSD
- SQL Server 6.5/7/2005
- Mysql Proxy
Mongo and MySQL Database Consultant
- Provided support for both Mongo and MySQL environments including initial build and standardization of OpsManger Automation and monitoring software.
- Provided custom build MongoDB packages for installation in specialized environment.
- Provided documentation for MMS and Mongo installations as well as provided standardization plan for future deployments and upgrades.
- Demonstrated scaling options and instructed existing teams on usages of all software related to MongoDB.
- Installed and configured backup solution for production and development systems.
- Provided day to day administration an operation requirements for all MySQL environments.
- Developed upgrade and clustering options for existing mysql systems with minimal downtime.
- Worked with multiple teams to provide troubleshooting data for related issues.
- Provided plan for load balanced, active-active clusters as well as options for NDB clusters to address performance concerns as application grows.
- Worked with development teams on table and query structures for optimal design.
- Provided service as Sr Database Administrator for e-portfolio company focused on the education sector. Standardized installation process and tested new backup and monitoring solutions.
- Set up development environments for NoSQL solutions such as mongodb, cassandra, redis and NDB.
- Configured new MySQL cluster for HA solution.
- Optimized ETL database configuration for better performance and reliability.
- Deployed Zmanda backup manager using Percona Xtrabackup functionality as well as LVM snapshots.
- Provided on-call availability for and training of new Jr DBA's. Acted as primary report person for off-site team. Developed and deployed DR environment in AWS EC2 for high-availability solution.
- Also deployed RDS environments for development and testing. Tested S3 back-end configuration for backup locations.
Sr MySQL Database Consultant
- Provided emergency support for database behind critical applications on very short development cycle.
- Worked directly with developers and existing database team to create best practices and standards in existing project.
- Optimized and reported on structure efficiency recommendations within database.
- Resolved performance issues that had stalled progress and provided recommendations for ongoing deployment.
- Provided continued support after initial launch as well as developed scalable solution for further expected growth.
- Evaluated several different configurations and platforms to determine best environment long-term. Support included both MySQL and MongoDB.
- Provided consultant support during holiday rush period. Support included an initial consultation, participation in on-call rotation, and presence in “war room” for direct support during peak hours. Remote support was included following peak periods.
Sr MySQL Database Administrator
- Provided production support of mysql cluster OLTP systems involved in authentication roles for large customer base. Managed the initial testing and deployment of Cassandra and NDB-based NOSQL solutions.
- Reviewed and audited new code and structure for existing production systems. Involved in cloud based testing. Provided ongoing support and recommendations for existing OLTP and OLAP systems including testing 3rd party products and presented the available options.
- Assisted in deployment of shard-based data distribution solution for overburdened production system during holiday rush period. Responsible for determining standard procedures for deploying and supporting NOSQL environments.