- To be a part of esteemed organization and be responsible in its successful functioning while working as a part of the team that excels in handling all the type corporate challenges efficiently thereby ensuring impeccable results for the organization while improving myself.
- 7 years 5 month of IT experience in MS SQL Server Database Administration, Design, Development and Support of MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R 2/2008/2005/2000 in Production, Pre production, Test, Development environments while working in Route to Live deployments.
- Experience in Installation, patching, configuration and maintenance of SQL Server including database design, backup and recovery in SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R 2/2008/2005/2000.
- Provide database consulting for database infrastructure planning, sizing and provisioning.
- Experience in query optimization & performance tuning and Index tuning. Used SQL Profiler, Execution Plan, Performance Monitor, Performance dashboard DMVs and DBCC Commands to troubleshoot performance issues.
- Liaise between application and other technical teams to build new SQL environments as per technical specification.
- Experience in providing end to end consultation of database development, design, install, configuration, performance tuning, testing, deployment.
- Examines existing environments and design new database with upgraded specification to meet the growing business need.
- Experience in Disaster Recovery Planning, Execution and Testing at remote side.
- Worked on DR solution, High Availability of database servers using Clustering, Database Mirroring, Replications and Log Shipping, Always On.
- Experience in Database administration and troubleshooting activities related to DB Security (creating logins, users, roles, and assigning permission to them).
- Experience in planning and troubleshooting index de - fragmentation, re-indexing and update the index statistics.
- Experience in performing integrity checks. Methods include configuring the database maintenance plan wizard and DBCC utilities.
- Experience in troubleshooting performance issues related to Memory, CPU and I/O in SQL server.
- Have worked on SSIS package deployment and data extraction using SQL agent job and troubleshooting on SQL end.
- Worked on NFT functional test, soak and Load tests and coordinated with QA team for the implementation.
- Has worked on configuration of monitoring tools like IDERA (Report generation and configuration) and SITESCOPE.
- Has configured BMC Patrol agent for SQL server monitoring.
- Worked on migration of SQL servers from P2V and V2V.
- Have worked end to end on ALWAYS ON and troubleshooting..
- Configured and managed Central management server, alerting and reporting via same.
- Has very strong background in a disciplined software development life cycle (SDLC) process and has excellent analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Has the ability to work in a fast paced environment, Good team player and have worked independently. Helped the application developers on technical issues.
- Preparing documentation and presenting progress reports to customers
- Respond to customer requests regarding issues in system and enhancements and liaise with vendor for faster resolution.
- Deliver operational documentation and provide subsequent handover to BAU teams.
- Has Sound knowledge of ITIL concepts and had done internal certification of IBM of ITIL V3 Foundation.
Operating System: Windows 2000/2003/2007/2008 R2/2012, Windows XP
Database: SQL 2000, SQL 2005, SQL 2008, SQL 2008R2, SQL 2012, SQL 2014
Third Party Tools: IDERA, Sitescope, BMC Patrol, SQL Sentry, TSM Net Backup, Tivoli Enterprise Console, Manage Now, Remedy, HPSM, Service Manager, Commvault, Avamar, Hyperic, VrOps, AXIS, Service Now, Redgate
Database Tools: Profiler, DTS, Management Studio/Enterprise Manager, SSIS, BCP utility, Perfmon, SQL Monitor, Performance dashboard, Tuning Advisor, Tuning Advisor, SSRS, Powershell
Domain Knowledge: IT, Banking, Healthcare, Retail
MS SQL SERVER DBA
- my task is to analyze the existing systems, prepare a strategy for new database infrastructure, and Build new SQL environments as per technical specification.
- Prepare NFT functional test and need co-ordinate for the implementation.
- Deliver operational documentation and provide subsequent handover to BAU teams. Recommend and implement Backup and Recovery strategies for application SQL databases. Provide inputs on database performance analysis, DB growth and provide recommendation for tuning and capacity planning on existing systems.
- Coordinating with different stakeholders. Configure weekly performance optimization, integrity verification scripts and review reports. Intimate clients on any abnormalities observed. Periodical scanning of requests coming through various channels e.g., email requests. Involved between SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008/2008-R2/2014 Migration projects.
- Drive and manage Best Practices and Knowledge Matrix Initiative.
- Participate in business meetings with various stakeholders on a need basis.
- Work on the service improvement programs.
- Regular interaction with client, via meeting bridge calls understand issues and provide technical assistance, understand needs and the nature of their business and help achieving the same