- Over 7.5 years of experience in the IT industry as a SQL Server Developer in finance, insurance, banking and health industries.
- Expert in T-SQL and MS SQL Server (2005 and 2008) suite of products regarding SSRS, SSAS and SSIS.
- Proficient in creating T SQL (DML, DDL, DCL and TCL), Indexes, Views, Temporally Tables, Table Variables, Complex Stored Procedures, System and User Defined Functions
- Experienced in SQL Server Analysis Services OLAP Cubes, and Data Mining.
- Strong experience in defining referenced relationships in SSAS.
- Possessed excellent skills in Data Modeling to create Star and Snowflake Schemas using Erwin.
- Expert in creating calculated measures and dimension members using multi dimensional expression (MDX), mathematical formulas, and user-defined functions.
- Expert in defining data source and building data source views and recognizing facts.
- Expert in employing KPIs in SSAS (2005/2008).
- Expert in designing reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Excel Pivot table based on OLAP cubes which make use of multiple value selection in parameter pick list, cascading prompts, matrix dynamics reports and other features of reporting service.
- Adept in creating Ad-hoc, Cross-Tab, Drill-down and Sub-Reports using RDL.
- Experienced in promoting Report Definition Languages (RDLs) to Reporting Service Server.
- Good working knowledge in deployment of reports to the share point server for business user/information user to access based on their roles/permission.
- Expert with ETL tools such as DTS and SSIS.
- Expert in creating various DTS packages for data transfer and migration from OLTP to OLAP.
- Experienced in using tools like Bulk CopyProgram (BCP) and Data Transformation Services (DTS).
- Experienced in creating complex SSIS packages with complicated transformations.
- Expert in Error Handling and Trouble Shooting of packages is SSIS
- Experienced in data loads, database integration/conversions, performance tuning and optimization.
- Worked on administrative tasks such as data loading, batch jobs, data unloading, backup & Recovery, user and application table management, upgrades, creating databases/File groups/files/Transaction log-shipping.
- Well-versed with database Installation, configuration, maintenance, monitoring, backups and recoveries, develop and debug Stored Procedures and Triggers.
- Capable of forming and maintaining positive and productive working relationships in internal, external and team environments.
BS Computer Science
MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000, MS SQL Reporting Services, MS SQL Server Analysis Services , MS SQL Server Integration Services, T-SQL Erwin 4.1, MS Visio 2003/2010, Oracle 10.2, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003/2008, SharePoint Server MOSS2007,VB. Net, Windows XP,MS-Access, MS-Office, Business Objects Crystal Reports 9.1., XML, HTML
Confidential, Thousand Oaks, CA June 2010 Present
MS SQL Server (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS) Developer
MS SQL Server 2005/2008, (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS), T-SQL, Erwin, .Net, Cognos 8, Share Point Server, MS Excel, Windows Server 2003.
- Designed unified dimension model based on the business requirement.
- Designed high level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from the OLTP to OLAP using SSIS.
- Designed SSIS packages to migrate data from multiple data sources for data analysis, deployment and dynamic configuration of SSIS packages.
- Created data mapping using Derived Column, Data Conversion, Lookup Transformation, Script Component, Conditional Split, among others.
- Extensively used Control Flow elements like For Each Loop, Sequence Container, Execute SQL Task, Execute package Task, Script Task, File System Task, Send mail Task, process Task.
- Employed the Slowly Changing Dimension Transformation to establish historical data in the Data Warehouse.
- Created Stored Procedures which generated the necessary fact and dimension tables and functions that allowed to perform necessary calculations depending upon the requirement.
- Created various database objects such as Tables, Indexes, Views for the generation of Star Schema.
- Developed dimensions and fact tables based upon the requirements and based on these facts and dimensions, designed SSAS cubes.
- Created calculated measures and dimension members using multi dimensional expression (MDX).
- Performed time calculations and date functions using calculated measures and MDX queries.
- Defined roles and security levels for different information users.
- Designed and developed SSIS packages in automating the process of processing the cubes as well as executing other tasks like running the stored procedures.
- Defined report layout including report parameters and wrote queries in creating Parameterized Reports, Drill Down, Reports, and Drill Through Report Using SSRS.
- Scheduled for Execution and generated daily, weekly and monthly reports for managers. Report history was also tracked using SSRS 2008.
- Responsible for Performance tuning of SQL commands and trouble shooting of technical problems in SQL Server 2008 using SQL Profiler and the Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC June 2009 June 2010 MS SQL Server 2008 Developer (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
MS SQL Server 2008 (SSIS, SSAS SSRS), T-SQL, SQL Profiler, Erwin, Share Point Server MOSS 2007, VB, .Net, Oracle 9i, MS Excel, Window 2003.
- Developed Complex Stored Procedures and Functions for the custom objects.
- Customized and optimized the existing stored procedures according to the technical specifications and performed troubleshooting on the existing stored procedures.
- Designed and developed SSIS packages to move data from production environment to different environments within the organization.
- Performed Troubleshooting on the existing complex SSIS packages while doing a data refresh on Development and Test environments.
- Extracted and reviewed data from heterogeneous sources from OLTP to OLAP using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2008.
- Created OLAP cubes and dimensions for the analysis of sales in given locations using SSAS
- Schedule Jobs to call Packages and Stored Procedure, and also create alerts for successful and unsuccessful completion of schedule Jobs.
- Created configuration files in order to deploy packages in different environments.
- Assisted in data retrieval from oracle data base using oracle stored procedures.
- Generated complex reports using SSRS and deployed them in SharePoint Server.
- Created stored procedures and SQL statements for generating Ad-hoc Reports in SSRS.
- Wrote Test Cases from Use Cases for Backend Testing, also tested reports to ensure accuracy.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, SSIS packages, triggers, cursors, tables, and views and other SQL joins and statements for applications.
- Performed unit testing on reports, and monitored the performance of the reports.
- Used Clear Case for version control and Clear Quest to access the assigned Technical Specifications.
- Provided ongoing technical support in the production environment.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ Jan 2008 May 2009
MS SQL Developer (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
MS SQL Server 2005 (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS), T-SQL, PL SL, Crystal Reports10, Visual Studio 2005, MS Office, SQL Profiler, Windows 2000/2003.
- Involved in the full lifecycle of the ETL software development- analysis, design, building, documentation and testing for the project using SSIS.
- Used the SSIS to migrate data from Oracle and Access database and flat files sources to a centralized database destination.
- Responsible for Developing, Monitoring and Deploying SSIS packages.
- Implemented slowly changing dimension on 500,000 records that took 11minutes to complete. Improved the performance by replacing it with checksum to 8minutes.
- Successfully created dynamic configuration packages employing variables in SSIS.
- Used Event Handlers for Exception Handling in SSIS packages.
- Generated ad-hoc reports on account information and research reports based on statistical analysis of datasets for use by advisors and clients. The SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) was used.
- Developed Report Models using report builder and distributed reports in multiple formats using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) in Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS).
- Created Queries, Stored Procedures, and Views to store the data of clients, and advisors.
- Created User Defined Functions and Triggers to insert data into appropriate tables as and when data was received. Indexes were created on tables that were least updating to improve the query performance.
- Conducted performance tuning by using SQL Profiler and index tuning wizard.
- Involved in Creation of Crystal Reports. Created Open Data Base Connectivity (ODBC) Connections.
- Scheduled, maintained, and supported the distribution and access to reports through Crystal Server.
Confidential, Hartford, CT Aug 2006 Dec 2007
MS SQL Server Developer
MS SQL Server 2000, T-SQL, MS Access, MS Excel, Windows 2003/NT, .Net, SharePoint Server, Crystal Reports 9.1, Erwin 4.1.
- Gathered requirements from business analysts and documented them based on functional specifications.
- Developed stored procedures, functions, views and triggers to improve the performance.
- Formulated joins strategy, query optimization and weighing the tables.
- Developed physical data models and created DDL scripts to create database schema and database objects.
- Performed extraction, transformation and loading using DTS.
- Performed layout and installations of new computer systems and modifications of existing workstations and windows 2003 server.
- Generated standard, cross tab and drill through reports for the measures like types of policies and details of a particular policy.
- Used SQL Query Analyzer to view the performance of indexes and tuned SQL queries for data load.
- Modified existing reports in Crystal Reports to Tabular SQL reports when the report performance was found to be below par.
- Supported the front-end application developers for queries for development hierarchies, file upload and validations using ASP.NET
- Configured SQL Server 2000 on the server machine and assigned logins and security.
Confidential, Ghana May 2005 June 2006
MS SQL Developer
MS SQL Server 2000, OLAP Server, T-SQL, Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, PL/SQL, Windows 2000 Server, Cognos Power Play, MS Office 2000, MS Visio 200
- Involved in Requirement Gathering, Analysis Design, Development, Deployment and User training.
- Installed and configured MS SQL Server on Windows NT4.0/2000 Server.
- Performed data Normalization.
- Logically and physically designed database for projects on basis of user requirements using Visio.
- Developed, executed and maintained SQL queries/scripts and validate completeness, integrity and accuracy of data.
- Created and managed users, roles and groups and handled database security.
- Configured server to send automatic mails to given destinations when a DTS process is a success or fails
- Designed and tested (Unit, Integration and Regression) DTS packages.
- Created DTS Packages for Data Cleansing/Transformation and Transfer.
- Created various Stored Procedures, Triggers, Cursors, Tables, Views, and Functions for the purpose of application development.
- Regularly monitored the system for bottlenecks (CPU, Networking, RAM, and Disk IO)
- Performed Database backups (operating system, flat file backups & export/import).
- Used Query Analyzer to optimize SQL Queries.
- Effectively performed development support, test plans, document reviews and system integration.
- Successfully loaded data from Excel, Access and Flat files into a SQL Server database table.
- Involved in query monitoring for the queries that were parsed through Cognos