- Over 10 years of professional IT experience as Senior Oracle PL/SQL Developer for System Analysis, Designing, Development, Testing Support in Production, Staging, Development environments.
- Over 3 years of professional experience in Informatica ETL processes designing, support and testing.
- Over 6 years of professional experience in Unix Shell scripting and commands.
- At present working with confidential for over 4.5 years. Currently working in confidential
- Implemented many complex modules and projects through System Development Life Cycle SDLC process. Involved in analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of various applications.
- Strong in technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with Customers.
- Strong Documentation skills with ability to create high quality clear technical and functional specification documents.
- Well versed and experienced on Data Warehousing and Reporting processes.
|Work Experience Summary|
- Expert in designing and creating PL/SQL code blocks Packages, Procedures, Functions, Triggers, etc.
- Created database objects like tables, views, materialized views, sequences, synonyms, indexes.
- Enforced data integrity using integrity constraints Primary key constraint, foreign key constraints, CHECK constraint and database triggers.
- Proficient in advance features of PL/SQL programming like Cursors, Ref Cursors, Collections, Nested tables, and Dynamic SQL.
- Experience in SQL and PL/SQL tuning and query optimization tools like EXPLAIN PLAN.
- Worked on DDL statements like CREATE, ALTER, DROP, TRUNCATE. Created DML statements like INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE etc.
- Worked on transaction control statements like GRANT, COMMIT, ROLLBACK, and SAVEPOINT.
- Created PARTITIONS on tables, worked on concepts like exchange partitions and other partitioning strategies.
- Used SQL-LOADER functionality, External tables, and import/export utility.
- Worked on complex queries like hierarchical queries. Used oracle built-in packages like DBMS JOB, DBMS OUTPUT, DBMS STATS, UTL FILE, etc.
- Worked on various Oracle defined and user defined exceptions.
- Created technical design documents for various Informatica processes after discussing business requirements with the client team.
- Worked on some simple-medium changes to ETL Informaitca mappings/workflows, which included working with various Informatica transformations such as source qualifier, joiner, update strategy, normalizer, router, expression, sorter, etc.
- I have also worked on production batch failures, data issues on the Informatica front and have a good understanding about repository manager, workflow manager and monitor.
- Involved in unit testing, creating test cases and system integration test execution for various Informatica processes in the project.
- Have worked on creating and scheduling jobs in Control-M tool. Have also worked on supporting Hyperion and OBIEE reports which involved minor changes.
SQL, PL/SQL, Visual Basic
Oracle, Netezza, SQL Server, Greenplum Trained
TOAD, SQL Developer
Telecom, Media Entertainment
SQL Loader, Export/Import, External Tables, ODI,
SQL Server Management Console
Explain Plan, Optimizers/Hints
VSS, Harvest, CVS, SVN
DBMS JOB, DBMS SCHEDULER, Crontab, Control-M
Hyperion Brio, Good understanding of OBIEE BO reports
|Work Experience and Significant Projects|
- Confidential is a system through which digital television service is delivered into the end-user premises. Integrated Advertising Data Management Platform IA-DMP is a module in IPTV and it has a centralized database containing customer profile data that supports advertising.
- It obtains Campaign, Fulfillment Subscriber data from different data sources like EDW/eCDW, ATT Labs, Yahoo, Raven other vendors. This data is then loaded into the IA-DMP tables through different ETL processes. The reports that are extracted using this data based on the business requirement are shared with the different vendors.
- Accenture performs custom Java development, Informatica development, data modeling and system, integration testing.
- I worked on ETL designs and system integration testing for the DVAI project. DVAI project in the IADMP module was proposed to add a new functionality to extract demographic and geographic attributes.
- I worked on creating Application Designs by referring to the Requirement specification documents provided by the analysts. The application design document is a technical document that consists of step by step description of all the transformations that will be required to be used in the mapping in order to achieve a particular task like extracting a report, updating a database table or ingesting a flat file.
- This application design document was presented to the client team, analysts in the conference call, suggestion were implemented, and document was revised and then released to the developers to create the mappings. I interacted with the developers to ensure that they do not face any difficulty in implementing the designs and the development can be finished as per the schedule.
- I have also created Application Interface Designs. This design describes an interface between provider application and consumer application. It gives details like name contact details for provider consumer, file types .csv, pipe delimited, etc. , directory structure for source, target error files, frequency of job run, etc.
- Documented test cases and was actively involved in system testing.
- I am also responsible for monthly release ticket testing for IADMP issues. The monthly tickets include small changes to the existing processes due to fix applied to any prod issue, additional/change in requirement to the existing process, small enhancement to the process, etc.
- For some of the production issues, I managed the end to end process of investigating the error, developing the resolution plan and releasing the fix to production on time.
- I have also worked on some ad hoc requirements like creating SQL scripts for anonymizing the customer data in test staging environments, coordinating with other interface teams for various test scenarios in their systems.
- Currently I am working on Connected Devices project which involves a lot of changes to the existing processes as other devices like iPad, iPhone, android, tablets, etc. would also be considered in addition to the Set Top Box for a customer account.
- I have developed Oracle PL/SQL package, called as common module in this project, which will be used to insert/update/deactivate the device history records by front end and ETL process as well. This package is developed using BULK loading concept and process 1.3 million records in less than 12 minutes.
- I have worked on identifying and making changes in 10 application designs for the connected devices project. I have also documented the test cases and performed system testing for those processes. Currently this project is in the integration testing phase and my role involves coordinating with different teams over various test scenarios.
- Confidential is maintenance and Enhancement project that has reporting system in OBIEE BO which provides details about the order booking, billing, etc. for the EMC devices ordered by various customers all over the world.
- I have worked on various Informatica transformations modified mappings. Have also handled batch failures, data issues, etc.
- I was involved in writing new piece of code in PL/SQL at the same time made enhancements in the existing one.
- Worked on automating the quarter end archiving process through oracle packages and scheduling the same in Control-M to avoid any manual intervention.
- Attended the client calls that happen for the status discussion for work requests that are implemented to make changes in the existing jobs.
- In case of any new requirement or change that was coming up, my role was to gather details, do the impact analysis and share the implementation plan. Once the plan was approved, worked along with other team members to implement the same within given time frame.
- Provided root cause analysis for any failure in the batch jobs and proposed actions that can be taken to fix the issue.
- I received the award of Shining Star for my efforts, contribution inclination towards continuous improvement.
- Worked on code changes in the existing system.
- Also worked on unit testing for the code changes that were done.
- Worked on performance tuning of SQL statements by rewriting the queries using proper joins, EXISTS operators, etc.
- Used SQL Loader to carry out various data loading activities.
Senior Developer/Module Lead
- This project had 3 modules as Collections, Classifications and Processing. I was leading the Collections module of this project from offshore.
- My responsibility included designing the backend table structures, indexes, constraints for the application by coordinating with the onshore lead.
- Interacted with the Java - front end team to address different concerns while developing functions, triggers procedures.
- Created a package to load data into Collections tables from flat files using External tables.
- Crated a package using the concept of REF cursor to return the required dataset to the front end calling program.
- Created triggers for populating different attributes in the database tables according to the occurrence of the event.
- Crated partitions on the tables and wrote partition maintenance procedures which will help in archiving the historical data as well.
- Worked on tuning of the SQL statements, procedures in case of any performance issues observed.
- Migration of data across different databases like Netezza, Oracle, SQL Server. Used ODI tool, SQL Server Management Console as well to achieve the data transfer.
- Worked on shell scripts that were used to execute the procedures and also worked on scheduling the processes through Crontab.
- Being involved in this project form design, development implementation phase, I have gathered a good knowledge about project execution.
- Acquired good experience in database design and understandability of a new system that involved intricacies of media domain.
- I was involved in converting the existing Oracle code to Netezza compatible code.
- Have performed unit and integration testing after the code development in Netezza was completed.
- My responsibilities also included loading data from Oracle to Netezza and vice versa using external table concepts and Netezza specific utilities.
- I have also built the shell scripts for integrating different processes and automating them with Control-M jobs.
- The entire team received appreciation certificate from client Nielsen for the contribution in this project.
- The existing helpdesk module for panel management was used by the users of USA only. This project extended its functionality across mega panel group comprising of 8 more countries like Germany, France, UK, Spain, Italy, etc.
- GPMI helpdesk module is an application which caters to the requirements related to the panelist search, view incentive history, view/update contact information and computer related information for panelists.
- The data for existing panelists from the source system was first copied into new tables.
- I worked on creating views by joining different tables as per the requirement of the data for a particular Java screen.
- The front end application which was developed on Java started accessing those views to pull the panelists information that will be viewed and updated by the end users
- I worked on creating the Instead Of triggers which will update the base tables whenever user performs any update/insert through the front end application.
- I created and made use of DB links to perform the same updates over the source database so that the data will be in sync across all the systems.
- I was involved in creating table, views for storing the utility data that was provided by the client in lot of images.
- I have also worked on writing SQL scripts and stored procedures to perform the DML operations over the data stored in the different tables.
- Also worked on creating unique and non-unique indexes to improve the retrieval speed.
- Created BEFORE statement triggers to insert proper values while data was populated for different attributes of the utility features.
- Also created data QC scripts to perform different checks over the populated data and ensure that the graphical count of features matches with the count in database.
- I was mainly involved in writing and debugging simple SQL scripts.
- Also worked on creating tables and applying different constraints on the tables as specified in the technical specifications.
- Scheduling the scripts in dbms job and monitoring the performance and completion times.
- Writing the DBQC scripts to perform different checks over the data populated in the tables.
|Non IT Profile|
Prior to joining Rolta India Limited in May 2004, I have worked with two Non IT companies and the details of the roles and responsibilities have been mentioned below
- My responsibilities included inspection of low, medium and high pressure gas pipe lines laid by the contractors.
- Ensured all the safety measures have been applied while working at the work site.
- Prepared the inspection reports covering all the specifications provided by MGL.
- Also provided approvals to the bills raised by the contractor after completion of work in particular area of the city.
- My responsibilities included assigning work to all the machine operators.
- Providing the technical support whenever required in reading the job sheet while performing a particular task.
- Supervision of every activity to achieve the targets within stipulated timeframe.
- I was also involved in quality inspection of various jobs and provided suggestions to improve the quality of the job.